Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Urgent Fast Track Driving Licence Replacement

Options
  • 03-08-2013 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,

My Driving licence has become damaged and i have rented a car in italy for monday the 12th august, so basically i have 4 days from tuesday(due to the bank holiday) to try and get a replacement driving licence.

Is there anyway to fast track a driving licence replacement in dublin?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

No

• Registered Users Posts: 16 molleman

How do you know, Have you experienced this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

If you explain the situation to your local motor tax office and they issue the licence early on Tuesday morning, there is a chance you could have it Friday.

It's going to be very tight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

It may or may not work but call in to the local motor tax office with flight tickets.
    If they see proof of travel they may just help out right there and then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

The best thing to do is to apply and ask to bypass the postage.So basically you're doing the postmans job.

I was in the same situation and they allowed me to deliver my application and collect my licence the next day.Just cry like a baby in the tax office.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

They're not made in the tax offices anymore. It's just not possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

testicle wrote: »
    They're not made in the tax offices anymore. It's just not possible.

it is if they allow you to deliver the application and collect the licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 molleman

Cheers guys, wish i knew someone in dublin city council who could confirm..... know someone in kildare CC , i will give them a call and see what they say....

I'm in the same boat, heading to Oz on Saturday with the plan of renting a camper. The mother went into the Smithfield on last Monday and submitted the application to be told its a 3 - 4 week waiting time. :eek:

Too make it worse it a bank holiday Monday and they are not open to the public on Tuesdays due to the postal backlog so i doubt they will even answer the phone on Tuesday.

And to think i'm paying €35 for the privilege. How is it possible to still have a backlog from a change that came in on January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 djg2014

Just bumping up this thread to see if anyone has had any luck getting a replacement license fast tracked? My husband has lost his license and needs a replacement for travel on Sunday as he is supposed to be renting a car when abroad. He applied for one yesterday morning but they said it has to go to a central location and will take 3 days to process and allow up to 5 days for delivery. Has anyone had any luck getting one fast tracked if they show flight details etc? He offered to pay for a courier to collect it but they said this isn't possible.

Advertisement