Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E liquid & Irish customs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MickelRants

Samba wrote: »
    Do you have any data to back up these claims, because frankly they are defamatory otherwise.

I just finished writing something up that touches on this, the difference between premium and standard e-liquids that are produced in China.

Swap US for Ireland, it's the same principal.

Well if you are in the UK and buy from a UK site you have a comeback...regardless of the prioduct you buy... if you buy from an Irish site and are located in Ireland same thing... your consumer rights have an added bonus if both the trader and customer are covered under the same laws.

I didn't defame anyone... I pointed out there is no comeback if you buy from a chinese website... and with a postage bill of twice the cost of the product to send good back I don't need data to back me up... the fact you can't post liquids to china from Ireland unless you use a carrier that accepts liquid is all I need!

If you doubt that pop into a local post office and tell them you'd like to send 10ml of water to a friend in london and would like to know the postage rate...response 'sorry no liquids are allowed to be posted'

banger01 wrote: »
    MickelRants, You sure you have nothing more to do with this new Irsh site then being a satasifed customer?

Just relaying a rather long and tiresome time I had on this site....

which I then went off and took up with the vendor in question ....

Who claim like wingnuts to be Irish.....

To be honest I now doubt it.... not sure why....but if a company go on, and on on their website about how they are Irish through and through...and shout it from the rooftops you'd have to ask the obvious question ... WHY?

Not that satisfied... decent juice, cheap price was all I was saying... plus as far as I know (at least when I bought) free delivery. [that might have changed...this was a few months back now]

Samba wrote: »
    Missed that! Well hopefully he reads it, it might make him think twice before posting more baseless and defamatory lies on the interweb.

Like for instance?

And also what on earth makes you think he....is a he?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

To be honest I now doubt it.... not sure why....but if a company go on, and on on their website about how they are Irish through and through...and shout it from the rooftops you'd have to ask the obvious question ... WHY?

Not that satisfied... decent juice, cheap price was all I was saying... plus as far as I know (at least when I bought) free delivery. [that might have changed...this was a few months back now]

Please explain. In detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Hickory dickory dock. The mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck One, the mouse was gone, hickory dickory dock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Well ESI is in Palmerstown and he makes Eliquid - so yes, his eliquid is Irish, anyone that says otherwise is either a troll or someone that needs to up their dose of Lithium - not that I'm aiming that at anyone specifically.

Incidentally, the "cloudy" liquids that come from China are made in factories that most European producers could only dream of - Hangsen and Dekang have ALL the relevant certification to back the claim that they supply decent product.
    Don't like the Chinese stuff myself - but there's nothing wrong with it.

As for that StopSmoke E-liquid;
    Their bottles don't appear to be child proof and the designs on their labeling are like sweety wrapper designs - the most immensely stupid and irresponsible thing I've seen in years.
    Nicotine is poison and should be treated as such - the person that decided to use those designs on the labels is a moron of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ben36

mrplop wrote: »
    Well ESI is in Palmerstown and he makes Eliquid - so yes, his eliquid is Irish, anyone that says otherwise is either a troll or someone that needs to up their dose of Lithium - not that I'm aiming that at anyone specifically.

Incidentally, the "cloudy" liquids that come from China are made in factories that most European producers could only dream of - Hangsen and Dekang have ALL the relevant certification to back the claim that they supply decent product.
    Don't like the Chinese stuff myself - but there's nothing wrong with it.

As for that StopSmoke E-liquid;
    Their bottles don't appear to be child proof and the designs on their labeling are like sweety wrapper designs - the most immensely stupid and irresponsible thing I've seen in years.
    Nicotine is poison and should be treated as such - the person that decided to use those designs on the labels is a moron of the highest order.

I agree 1000% regarding them stop smoke e-liquid bottles.It looks like the whole label and design is to appeal to children.Can't get my head around how he thought it was a good idea to base the labelling on a cartoon character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

i agree 10000%

ben36 wrote: »
    I agree 1000% regarding them stop smoke e-liquid bottles.It looks like the whole label and design is to appeal to children.Can't get my head around how he thought it was a good idea to base the labelling on a cartoon character.

God forbid a child gets their hands on a bottle, takes a whiff and decides to neck it. The cartoon character is bad enough but the lack of a child safety feature is insane.

If this ever happens a child could die and electronic cigarettes would disappear shortly thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

The only bottles I have seen of his are actually Vials not bottles You need a syringe to remove the liquid as the caps have a rubber membrane. I believe he is changing his bottles to child proof ones.
    Labels are another argument and I doubt they have been designed to attract children s attention

• Advertisement

Vaperus wrote: »
    The only bottles I have seen of his are actually Vials not bottles You need a syringe to remove the liquid as the caps have a rubber membrane. I believe he is changing his bottles to child proof ones.
    Labels are another argument and I doubt they have been designed to attract children s attention

Of course they weren't designed to attract kids attention - that would be quite silly wouldn't it? At the same time a colouful bottle with a little cartoon character will attract a childs attention.

Is the rubber membrane childproof? I doubt it.

Advertisement