Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what road bike to buy for 360euro or less?

• 03-08-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

im deciding what road bike to buy with a budget or 360euro. i dont mind if its second hand but would want it in good condition for that price. wouldnt mind if i had to do some minor things to it. i quite like old vintage bikes, was looking at an 853 frame but its quite expensive and as im not a bike genius i thought it would be good to get other people ideas. but maybe you guys have some vintage bikes/new bikes you think i should take a look at....

im 5foot11 so i guess i need a 56 to 58 frame size???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

owen85 wrote: »
    im deciding what road bike to buy with a budget or 360euro. i dont mind if its second hand but would want it in good condition for that price. wouldnt mind if i had to do some minor things to it. i quite like old vintage bikes, was looking at an 853 frame but its quite expensive and as im not a bike genius i thought it would be good to get other people ideas. but maybe you guys have some vintage bikes/new bikes you think i should take a look at....

im 5foot11 so i guess i need a 56 to 58 frame size???

Where are you based?
    I have a large giant road bike

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

im based right beside croke park in dublin. do you have your bike advertised anywhere or is it against boards.ie rules to ask or show such things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

This seems to be a very good bike for the price http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-red-road-bike-id_8274036.html. Has decent parts and a Carbon fork as well. I'd buy it in a flash if I didn't have 7 bikes already. Best of luck with the bike search anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 wireit2me

I have 56CM Ribble, 105 shifters and gearing, Tiagra cailpers and cranks, Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels. New Look keo pedals. Ready to go.! 350euro if you interested. Im in Swords. Here a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

sorry to all. i bought an 853 raleigh special products division bike the other day...decided it was for me and couldnt wait. thanks for the comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 wireit2me

My Ribble has sold.

Happy cycling @owen85 :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

wireit2me wrote: »
    My Ribble has sold.

Happy cycling @owen85 :-)

I'm not surprised, I had it saved as a favourite on Donedeal where I'd seen it originally but I didn't have the few bob at the time-which I do now:rolleyes:!! Ah well, you win some you lose some. Somebody went away with a very good bike at a very fair price

Advertisement