Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best hip and thigh exercises

• 03-08-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone any advise what are the best exercises to lose weight around the hips and particularly the thighs. I not fat as such but just want to tone up more. I have tried almost anything but nothing works.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You can't spot reduce fat. When you diet fat will be lost from all over your body. Eat less calories than you expend, and start some form of resistance training as soon as possible. "Toning up" generally means cutting some bodyfat and increasing muscle mass, which requires a good diet and weights training where possible. Read the stickies in the nutrition section and here for more information. Squatting and deadlifting will build muscle in your quads and hamstrings which is what gives that toned appearance you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone any advise what are the best exercises to lose weight around the hips and particularly the thighs. I not fat as such but just want to tone up more. I have tried almost anything but nothing works.

No exercise will reduce fat around a particular area.
    It is fat, telling you otherwise is pointless. Toned/untoned is a product of body fat levels.
    Drop the idea that "nothing works". You haven't done everything you can. Simply, you need to sort out your diet, even simpler - you need to eat less.

Advertisement