Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, who's off to London in Sept?

Options
  • 03-08-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Time's a ticking and whoever is going ti London or somewhere else in the UK will have already made up there minds and got the ball rolling.

I thought if people wanted they could post here so the prospect of moving alone isn't so daunting.

I'll be working in Southwark, London and living in Greenwich. Get in touch if you're close.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GDD84

Hey, good luck with you move over. I shall be working out in Kent, on the the towns there. I'm flying over a week before move to find a room out near there. What will you be teaching? Best of luck with you move!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

I'm primary. Have you gone over yet? I got a room sorted last week and heading over to sign the tenancy this weekend.

I'm secondary. No, I am still here. popping over on 22nd to find accommodation, hopefully it'll be easy. School doesn't start until the 3-5th September. You teaching long. Be nice to meet up with other Irish teachers over there, a bit of home and Irish humour.

No, this will be my 2nd year. I'll be doing my NQT year in London. Yeah it would. It be good to have people to meet up with over there.

Cool, I finished my NQT year in Ireland thankfully!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'll be living near Hillingdon!! Haven't found accomodation yet, but hopefully will get something sorted again through skype, like I did last time!

Where you teaching?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

I might be heading London way soon. Meeting with an agency tomorrow. Yikes.

What agency? I've my induction tomorrow (well today with Timeplan)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

GDD84 wrote: »
    What agency? I've my induction tomorrow (well today with Timeplan)

How did your induction go? Did you get sorted with a place in Kent?

• Advertisement

I met with Engage today. They seem really nice, not too pushy which I like.

I won't be ready to move until around October, so might hold off and do the iday with them in November. I heard a friend of mine is in starting to teach on Monday in London. I'm more motivated now I know a few people there.

Heydeldel wrote: »
    I met with Engage today. They seem really nice, not too pushy which I like.

I won't be ready to move until around October, so might hold off and do the iday with them in November. I heard a friend of mine is in starting to teach on Monday in London. I'm more motivated now I know a few people there.

I would really recommend the iDay that they have. It is really full on, I did about 5 interviews in one day. You then put down your favorite schools, and they list their top candidates. If it works out you get a call back the next day.

It can be quite draining but is a really good experience, plus I got a full time job from it, so is definitely worth it.

Yeah it does sound good. I like the idea of having a bit of choice and meeting the head teachers. Did you start in January then? I might go earlier and do temp work before starting a more permanent job in January. Jan just seems like ages away!

Heydeldel wrote: »
    Yeah it does sound good. I like the idea of having a bit of choice and meeting the head teachers. Did you start in January then? I might go earlier and do temp work before starting a more permanent job in January. Jan just seems like ages away!

I went to one that was on in March, so started in September. You could maybe see if they can get you supply work until the iday, would help when interviewing for permanent posts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'll be teaching in Enfield and at the moment I'm homeless :P

I start next Friday

So how are peole getting on? I'm dying to hear how London is!

Anybody out there??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hey, sorry haven't had internet at home for ages! Going well, really enjoying teaching in my new school!

Great to hear!

I bet it's nice to have regular work.

Yeah, I'm in that school under agency contract until December, and hopefully will get kept on!

• Advertisement

I really like working and living here.

Advertisement