Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP5 not firing?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

The motor pinion generally keeps the bevel to one side unless it was ridiculously over shimmed I doubt it is the problem. And like you said the aeg was firing fine until lately, and to my knowledge you did not re-shim it yourself no?. The bevel does not require too many shims in my opinion.

If your pinion is worn half way then it stands to reason it was either too high or too low, this can be adjusted via a grub screw normally beneath where the motor sits. But honestly, if you can not figure this I would take it to a store with a good tech and leave them have a nosey.
    I have her opened up in front of me now
    You are correct in thinking that I haven't messed around with the shimming, so I doubt that they're over shimmed.
    I didn't adjust the grub screw either, but I'll get around to that once I put it together
    I've already thought about that option, but a) moneys a bit tight at the moment , and b) I'm trying to expand my knowledge on my guns insides, so want to gain a little experience!
    Thanks mate for your help :)

OK so lads, I think I've sourced my problem...
    As I'm very new to this, I didn't fully understand how to connect the last gear to the piston, so just left it sitting outside of it!
    As I don't know better, maybe that's what you're supposed to do?
    Could someone please guide me in how to link the final gear to the piston? (I mean do I have to link the teeth together?)
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Eoghan S wrote: »
    OK so lads, I think I've sourced my problem...
    As I'm very new to this, I didn't fully understand how to connect the last gear to the piston, so just left it sitting outside of it!
    As I don't know better, maybe that's what you're supposed to do?
    Could someone please guide me in how to link the final gear to the piston? (I mean do I have to link the teeth together?)
    Thanks in advance

Did you have a look on youtube for a tutorial?,there should be plenty.

Your sector gear (final gear) should be set at the 1 o clock ish position, basically you should see the little part that protrudes from the gear (not sure if it has a name), then you put you tappet plate behind the nob thingy, then insert your your spring and guide, make sure you anti reverse latch is properly set, parts are present etc, sorry for the dumbed down version but am far far too lazy to type a big post :).

But have a good look on youtube for a version 2 gearbox disassembly/assembly guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭airsofter232

Yeah id say have a look on youtube and on other forums. i find that shaving off the first tooth of the piston helps you get a good angle of engagement on the piston. since deburca told me about it i have done some research on it and have done it to all my guns. try and look through the gaps in the gearbox and make sure that the sector gear line up with the teeth of the piston.if the gear engages the piston too far to the left or right try switching some shims around :)

good luck

Did you have a look on youtube for a tutorial?,there should be plenty.

Your sector gear (final gear) should be set at the 1 o clock ish position, basically you should see the little part that protrudes from the gear (not sure if it has a name), then you put you tappet plate behind the nob thingy, then insert your your spring and guide, make sure you anti reverse latch is properly set, parts are present etc, sorry for the dumbed down version but am far far too lazy to type a big post :).

But have a good look on youtube for a version 2 gearbox disassembly/assembly guide.

Just did, and found out that the anti reversal latch was causing all sorts of problems by popping up all the time, i think I just fixed it...
    Now I can't get the upper receiver on :rolleyes:
    Anyway, Ill improvise :P
    Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement

Yeah id say have a look on youtube and on other forums. i find that shaving off the first tooth of the piston helps you get a good angle of engagement on the piston. since deburca told me about it i have done some research on it and have done it to all my guns. try and look through the gaps in the gearbox and make sure that the sector gear line up with the teeth of the piston.if the gear engages the piston too far to the left or right try switching some shims around :)

good luck

It turned out to be the anti reversal latch!
    My hands are killing me from pushing down on the spring :P
    Thanks for your help too :)

Its over... Its finally over!!!
    After a trek and a half of messing around inside her, the gun is finally working properly, and by some miracle I managed to fix the semi auto issue it always had!
    I'm thrilled with myself (a bit sad, I know :P ) , I did it without spending a single red cent :D
    Thanks all for your help guys, this certainly took a big chunk out of my month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Once you do it once now you can do it anytime you want now eoghan :)

YbFocus wrote: »
    Once you do it once now you can do it anytime you want now eoghan :)

That was exactly why i didn't just pay a gun doctor to patch her up the second something went wrong!
    I feel like a technological genius lol
    (if only ;) )
    I finally understand all these extra parts for sale :P
    Thanks again for all your help lads, I really appreciate it :)

Brought along by false pretences... Damn I hate airsoft :P
    So it fires fine, then as I went for a quick test fire with the mag in, it sounds all good, but the BBS refuse to fire smoothly!
    Some go normally, some roll out, it just isn't working properly at all!
    Now its just continuously dry firing when the mag is in?
    Any ideas as to what might be the cause of this?
    Also, I noticed the fuse and battery getting quite hot, more than they usually are, could it be the battery's fault?

• Advertisement

So it fires fine, then as I went for a quick test fire with the mag in, it sounds all good, but the BBS refuse to fire smoothly!
    Also, I noticed the fuse and battery getting quite hot, more than they usually are, could it be the battery's fault?

It is almost definitely a hop up issue for the bb's, if it's not firing at all now then maybe the barrel and hop up are slightly offset to where they should? Had this problem with an m14 before where it was perfect but just a little out of place and it wouldn't allow the bb's feed. That or the air nozzle isn't working correctly.
    I'm no good with electrics so I can't help you there mate other than look for a stripped wire etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭airsofter232

Would it be possible that the tappet plate snapped?

Would it be possible that the tappet plate snapped?

Or possibly wasn't sitting down on the sector gear properly? Think your onto something man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Nah doubt the tappet is broke, but maybe the spring was not attached to it, easy mistake..........which I know all too well!, nothing worse then full assembling something only to find you forgot something!.

YbFocus wrote: »
    It is almost definitely a hop up issue for the bb's, if it's not firing at all now then maybe the barrel and hop up are slightly offset to where they should? Had this problem with an m14 before where it was perfect but just a little out of place and it wouldn't allow the bb's feed. That or the air nozzle isn't working correctly.
    I'm no good with electrics so I can't help you there mate other than look for a stripped wire etc.

I'll take apart the receivers again so, and check it out.
    I noticed that it was very difficult to put the receivers back on last time, so I mustn't have it in properly.
    Thanks for the info

Nah doubt the tappet is broke, but maybe the spring was not attached to it, easy mistake..........which I know all too well!, nothing worse then full assembling something only to find you forgot something!.

I can't see it breaking either to be honest, it was in near perfect condition for me.
    I did add the spring surprisingly, so that couldn't be it either, mind you... I did forget a few things the fist time round, and I triple checked to be sure this time :P
    Thanks for your help lads

I can't see it breaking either to be honest, it was in near perfect condition for me.
    I did add the spring surprisingly, so that couldn't be it either, mind you... I did forget a few things the fist time round, and I triple checked to be sure this time :P
    Thanks for your help lads

Once you open the reciever you'll know if the spring is still in action by pushing back on the air nozzle. If it doesn't move for the gearbox off once and watch it. No movement means a forgotten or now detached spring.

Advertisement