Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Animal Bones?

• 03-08-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

A few weeks ago I was on a walk and happened upon these bones on the side of the road.
    I tried to figure out what it could belong to (I thought that the foot part was too large to be that of a dog, but the actual leg bone in itself is too long to belong to a pine marten, for example)

pAJDVLa.jpg?1

There were no other remains around, just this leg bone so I've nothing else to go on! It appeared to have claws on closer inspection and it had black fur, as you can see in the picture.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on what it could be - If it's any help, I live in the midlands, if that narrows it down?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Side of the road and black fur - first thing that comes to mind is Badger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

Badger hindleg gets my vote! Hard to judge on scale of pic thou..

Advertisement