Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of outdoor undercover area?

Options
  • 03-08-2013 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I know this is a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string question' especially as I can't give exact dimensions at the moment.

I am buying a house that has a paved area in the backyard - it is 10 pavers x 10 pavers big, but I don't know the size of the pavers. I would like to cover it over - something like this...
    IMG_03311_zpsa37384de.png

This has corrugated polycarbonate roofing (it's my parent's place in Australia). I've done a bit of googling and haven't seen much corrugated polycarbonate available here - it seems to be flatter - like this...
    http://www.365plastics.ie/10mm-polycarbonate-sheet-twinwall.html

Does this stuff work as well or should I look for proper corrugated polycarbonate? As for the 'how long is a piece of string' question, am I looking at E1000 or more like E5000 to build? Finally, would this need planning permission (I presume so)?

Comments

Advertisement