Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Verbal Agreement

• 03-08-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23

Hi all, looking for advice. I booked a venue for an event for a 3 year period. It was all agreed and we ran it year 1. Year 2 we confirmed the date in March. In the following June the venue told me they had new terms of requiring a large deposit (which I can not afford)! thus trying to change the terms of our agreement. In the July we had a meeting and they told me they had another interested party and if they could provide a deposit then they could have our date. Can you please advise on what if anything I can do?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

short and too the point
    your word against theirs
    should of done up a contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 foxy6

I know! I have emails confirming it though - is that written contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

foxy6 wrote: »
    Hi all, looking for advice. I booked a venue for an event for a 3 year period. It was all agreed and we ran it year 1. Year 2 we confirmed the date in March. In the following June the venue told me they had new terms of requiring a large deposit (which I can not afford)! thus trying to change the terms of our agreement. In the July we had a meeting and they told me they had another interested party and if they could provide a deposit then they could have our date. Can you please advise on what if anything I can do?
    Thanks in advance

The charter prohibits legal advice but its worth going to a solicitor if there is a decent amount of money involved. Don't rely on what posters here say, at least not posters who have difficulty spelling a 2 letter word.

Call a few solicitors and see if any of them will give you a short consultation for free. Many do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 foxy6

Ok thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

You could also look at any contract exam paper ever set. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 311 ✭✭Lbeard

foxy6 wrote: »
    Can you please advise on what if anything I can do?

Well you could always hire me. 50 quid for a quite word, 100 for a slightly louder word. 250 will buy you what's called in the trade "bruising the fruit" or "light touch regulation". For lasting impressions, the "left or right?" package, the fee climbs but is negotiable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Lbeard wrote: »
    50 quid for a quite word.

Ah, August. The height of the silly season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Lbeard wrote: »
    Well you could always hire me. 50 quid for a quite word, 100 for a slightly louder word. 250 will buy you what's called in the trade "bruising the fruit" or "light touch regulation". For lasting impressions, the "left or right?" package, the fee climbs but is negotiable.

Send me on your business card, will you? Good man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 311 ✭✭Lbeard

Send me on your business card, will you? Good man.

Me bidness cart?........dat ed be deh front payage of the Evenan Hereld. If I evar retire dat poxy rag will go out of bidnesss.

Advertisement