Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashel McDonalds and Topaz station

Options
  • 03-08-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was just wondering was there many you in the new service area in Cashel? I was on the way from Cork this morning and said I would stop in there and get the 2 kids a happy meal.
    I went in to the McDonalds and the floor was filty with the dirt. There were at least 20 staff standing around in behind the counter and I still had to wait to be served. I eventually ordered 2 meals for myself and partner and 2 happy meals for the kids. I got a table and there couldn't be a baby chair for anywhere. When the waittress brought the food down I asked her for one and she went into the back and got one and there was half eaten chips still in it from the previous child. I cleaned that myself and cleaned our table. We eventually got our food and there was now chips with the meals. I went up and told them this and they said they would drop them down.
    By the time we got them the rest was cold. At this stage I was pissed off and called for the manager and said I wanted my money back because the food was cold. I told him everything from the place been dirty to about the food. He gave me my money back after a bit or a arguement and he basically just said good luck.
    Has anyone had the same experience here?
    I have not seen so many staff in behind any counter doing nothing.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Its the one McDonalds I have to consistently wait for my meal anway. The last two times I was there the person I was there with got served and had eaten most of their meal before I got a chance to sit down with mine. Its not fast food for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,550 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think they really focus on the drive threw in Cashel as that's how they do most of their business. I actually never really had a problem with that Mcdonalds whether it was using the drive threw or using the restaurant. You could consider contacting Mcdonalds Ireland and discussing your issues with them because you were not happy with the service you received.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Egan2012 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I was just wondering was there many you in the new service area in Cashel? I was on the way from Cork this morning and said I would stop in there and get the 2 kids a happy meal.
    I went in to the McDonalds and the floor was filty with the dirt. There were at least 20 staff standing around in behind the counter and I still had to wait to be served. I eventually ordered 2 meals for myself and partner and 2 happy meals for the kids. I got a table and there couldn't be a baby chair for anywhere. When the waittress brought the food down I asked her for one and she went into the back and got one and there was half eaten chips still in it from the previous child. I cleaned that myself and cleaned our table. We eventually got our food and there was now chips with the meals. I went up and told them this and they said they would drop them down.
    By the time we got them the rest was cold. At this stage I was pissed off and called for the manager and said I wanted my money back because the food was cold. I told him everything from the place been dirty to about the food. He gave me my money back after a bit or a arguement and he basically just said good luck.
    Has anyone had the same experience here?
    I have not seen so many staff in behind any counter doing nothing.
    Fair play to you for standing up for yourself and not just letting it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

tippspur wrote: »
    Fair play to you for standing up for yourself and not just letting it go.

Well to be honest considering 2 happy meals are 8 euro and then 2 meals for ourselves I think it was 23 euro we spent so wasn't going to let them away with that. We ended up going into the Topaz station and getting a large pizza for everyone made up and there was even a play area for the kids up stairs while the adults sat down. I must say that was a nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

had a similar issue waitin for food. looked for the manageress who was a joke. wearing what looked like her own black clothes servin away and chewing gum. went back about 6 months later and her she was, still there, still with the face on her, still chewin gum & still wearin her own clothes. mcdonalds obv not very strict if they're lettin these kind of things go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

tippguy wrote: »
    had a similar issue waitin for food. looked for the manageress who was a joke. wearing what looked like her own black clothes servin away and chewing gum. went back about 6 months later and her she was, still there, still with the face on her, still chewin gum & still wearin her own clothes. mcdonalds obv not very strict if they're lettin these kind of things go

It really was a joke. I always liked bringing the kids to Mcdonalds for a treat, That turned me right off. I know it's not every place. I used the one in Tullamore for the kids for their treat and have always found them very good. I just couldn't belive the place was so dirty and at least 20 staff behind the counter laughing and joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

I had to wait 20 min in the drive thru for a chicken burger meal when it eventually came it was the wrong order and i saw red. I havent gone back there since

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

ya service there is not good at all we were there once and they had run out of fries which i taught was crazy, the place is always busy you think the staff would have it down perfect at this stage be used to it, was in killarney the weekend and just wanted something quick went into mcdonald's was fantastic had someone ask did we what a high chair, showed us too the seat made a pure fuss of our daughter couldnt praise them enough all down to owners management i think

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

That Topaz/McDs has to be the worst services in the country - inadequate parking, badly designed and laid out and poor management.

I would suggest to anyone who has had a bad experience of the McDonalds to write a letter/email of complaint to McDonalds Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I would suggest to anyone who has had a bad experience of the McDonalds to write a letter/email of complaint to McDonalds Ireland.

I would suggest write to Supermacs and ask them to investigate opening an outlet as close as possible to McDs perhaps as close as in the next field. Cashel is unusual in that it has three exits from the motorway.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I've used the drivethru a few times and it's always been fast and the staff have been very friendly to me. Couldn't say I'd take much notice of whether the floor is dirty but it just seemed like a normal McDonalds to me from the inside. I have had to wait a bit for food inside but the advantage of that is that it's freshly cooked I suppose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah I've never had a problem there and I live 10mins away so. Have always found the drive-thru very efficent despite having to deal with large crowds at bank holidays and after matches in thurles or nearby. I'm perplexed by complaints that the interior is dirty, it's the same as any mcdonalds tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭naughtyfox

I live very near this and to be honest not a week has gone by that I havent gone into both mcdonalds and the topaz all I have to say the have always been clean and the staff super to me, even when they are busy. I have no affiliation to this service station I just love that its well located and always open, ( hope I havent offended anyone mods)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

i often go there for a morning coffee or a late night meal and it's always been good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Sorry folks, but its got to be one of the worst designed new motorway service stations in Europe.
    The first entrance is marked "HGV/ Drive Thru" - so you dont take that when looking to stop off to use the shop/ restaurant/ toliet as you are neither a truck nor looking to purchase from Mc D's.
    The next is petrol - so you dont take that as you are only looking to use the shop.
    Then...... nothing. Theres only an exit from the parking so you are back on a loop road back to the motorway with a full bladder and no food/ drink!!
    Crazy, absolutely crazy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Sorry folks, but its got to be one of the worst designed new motorway service stations in Europe.
    The first entrance is marked "HGV/ Drive Thru" - so you dont take that when looking to stop off to use the shop/ restaurant/ toliet as you are neither a truck nor looking to purchase from Mc D's.
    The next is petrol - so you dont take that as you are only looking to use the shop.
    Then...... nothing. Theres only an exit from the parking so you are back on a loop road back to the motorway with a full bladder and no food/ drink!!
    Crazy, absolutely crazy.

I'd agree that it's very poorly designed but the original OP was complaining about the quality of food/service. The place badly needs more parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Queen of Pots

I agree on the design. I found exiting the drive-thru confusing the first time I was there - didn't know where to go.

As for the service, I used the drive-thru nearly every morning for about six weeks earlier this year. (Please don't judge me.) Most of the time it was fine and service was quick. I think on about three occasions they got the order wrong.

I've only been inside once, for lunch, and they were massively busy, but we were still served fairly quickly.

Maybe the OP just hit them on a really bad day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Big Tanya

you are spot on

Advertisement