If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32F6800

Options
  • 03-08-2013 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Any Chance that you could supply a Samsung 32F6800 to Co Cork at a price lower than £ 586 delivered (John Lewis quote). I could probably be persuaded to buy a Humax 1010 1TB to make it worth your while. Jonh Lewis are offering a free 5 year guarantee on the Sammy too.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Colian wrote: »
    Any Chance that you could supply a Samsung 32F6800 to Co Cork at a price lower than £ 586 delivered (John Lewis quote). I could probably be persuaded to buy a Humax 1010 1TB to make it worth your while. Jonh Lewis are offering a free 5 year guarantee on the Sammy too.
    Hi Colian.

The 32F6800 is not a screen that we stock so I could not quote on this one. Might there be another screen that would suit your needs? At the moment we do not have any 32" screen with 3D.

The Humax DTR-T1010 500Gb is priced at £219.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/digital-set-top-boxes/humax/dtr-t1010-500gb/huma-dtrt1010-500gb

Does the screen have to have 3D?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Colian

I really wanted the higher refresh rate that is offered with the 32F6800 rather than the 3D in particular,I am open to suggestions on this. Also I meant the Humax Freesat HDR-1010 with the 1TB hard drive,and I might need some help here as I was hoping that I could make the Freetime feature work by using a VPN . I'm not sure if it would work here in The Republic as it is supplied.At the moment if I want to watch iPlayer I use my laptop and I have to go through Expat Shield to hide my IP and although I would be willing to pay for a more reliable VPN to enable the Humax to work as if it were in the UK I have no experience of doing this and would welcome advice or help from any source on this. Any Boardies got some ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Colian, cheers for the reply.

I don't have any experience of anyone using hardware like this with a VPN as it's a bit of a grey area. I do know of some people who already do what you are doing but none of them have tried the likes of a Humax box for the freetime. You are quite correct in that the freetime will not work as the channels are region specific and they know you are in the Republic.

If the VPN is a software one (like expat) that runs on the laptop then the Humax is not going to work through that as there is no way of getting the humax to talk to the software. The PC / laptop can use the software. The only way that the Humax could work would be if the VPN was hard wired between your router and the net.

I can't guarantee that even a hardware VPN would cure the problem.

The best 32" that we keep at the moment would be the Sony KDL32W654. It's a 200Hz, smart 32", non-3D which is a brilliant TV and it's priced at £389.95. We don't feel that moving up to the likes of the 6800 in a 32" offers much better performance for the spends.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl32w654a/sony-kdl32w654asu

I would check with John Lewis as I've check out with them in the past and they sometimes charge for delivery to the South, or won't deliver at all.
    Hope this helps but someone on boards maybe be able to help further if they have successfully cracked the problem.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.