Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Everyday Value cat litter

• 03-08-2013 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Is Tesco Everyday Value cat litter clumping or non-clumping? Would it be safe for a kitten to use? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

Non-clumping. I've used it for kittens and it was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Thanks inocybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

ive heard never to use clumping litter on kittens as it can kill them if they digest it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

ive heard never to use clumping litter on kittens as it can kill them if they digest it
    Thats why I want to make sure it's non clumping. I asked on petforums and someone said it's clumping. :confused: This is the litter I have http://i.imgur.com/gUyvG5ol.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I find the tesco wood pellet litter is better than the clay kind, it's bigger so a less chance of accidentally eating it, and also it doesn't track around the house half as much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

If you're trying to decide between commercial litters, you could make do with some potting compost in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I find the tesco wood pellet litter is better than the clay kind, it's bigger so a less chance of accidentally eating it, and also it doesn't track around the house half as much!

Didn't realise Tesco did their own wood litter. Will have to try it, my two cats trample the clay litter everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

cat_dog wrote: »
    Thats why I want to make sure it's non clumping. I asked on petforums and someone said it's clumping. :confused: This is the litter I have http://i.imgur.com/gUyvG5ol.jpg

That's the one I used, it isn't clumping. It's a bit dusty though, I switched to wood pellets as easier to dispose of.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Didn't realise Tesco did their own wood litter. Will have to try it, my two cats trample the clay litter everywhere!

yup they do, it's in a yellow and brown plasticy bag :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

yup they do, it's in a yellow and brown plasticy bag :)
    Don't know the Tesco litter in specific but from experience I'd never buy pellets sold as "cat litter". The reason is very simple; cost. They will sell the same pellets as pellets for burning at a fifth of the cost but because it's now "cat litter" it suddenly gets a price hike. Beyond that I can only recommend pellets in general; it's smells a heck of a lot better and is a lot cheaper as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

I've been using the wood pellets for burning as cat litter too. A 15kg bag costs me €5 so works out way cheaper..

Never even knew that they were the same thing! I must get some of the cheaper ones then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

I use the straw pellet litter from Maxi Zoo - smells so much better than the wood pellets, and it composts brilliantly, although I leave my home-made pallet compost sections for years and years after moving to the next, to make sure the compost is safe.

Recently got some rescue kittens for my MIL, and gave her non-clumping litter with them when I was passing them on with their clean bill of health. Thank goodness I did as well - kittens never tried to eat it, but her 8-month-old Rottie pup did!

Advertisement