Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC Mortgage - No Splitting?

Options
  • 03-08-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, there was an article in the Independent last week, showing that PTSB and other providers had been requested to offer split mortgages, ie: parking a lump of your mortgage giving you a chance to start paying off some, which would be offered to people in negative equity or in arrears/interest only payments.

Im with KBC and asked them about this. They said they're not doing this and have no plans to. I can't find the original article, am I at their mercy on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

Interested to see how this pans out. I'm with KBC also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

KBC are not one of the 'Covered Banks', im not sure if they can be bound by central bank guidance. Article here from the Times:

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/financial-services/banks-under-pressure-to-use-split-mortgages-to-tackle-arrears-1.1465599

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ktc

Thanks for the replies. I'm unsure as to what a covered bank is but hopefully this will be taken further to will make it so everyone can avail of this as part of their negociations to repay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

ktc wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I'm unsure as to what a covered bank is but hopefully this will be taken further to will make it so everyone can avail of this as part of their negociations to repay.

One which the state has a shareholding in.
    So ebs, aib, boi, tsb, and inbs (or whoever buys the loan book).

Unless the central bank make it a requirement for all banks to offer split mortgages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭worded

I read in other countries houses in low demand / rural areas will get offered splits way quicker than properties that can be resold at a relatively higher amount. The banks suiting themselves

• Advertisement
Advertisement