Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

teeth whitening advice

• 03-08-2013 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I've searched the forum and this topic has come up on a few occasions but I can't seem to find any feedback on actual results.

I drink a lot of coffee and I'm a smoker, my teeth have lost their natural whiteness over the last few years.

The options seem to be a peroxide free laser treatment or a gel, syringe and mould type treatment.

Does anyone have any experience of teeth whitening/ bleaching of various types and prices , any feedback on results would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

Go to your dentist , it may be more expensive than the pop up laser shops, but it's kinder to your teeth and it lasts longer.

Afterwards get pearl drops smokers toothpaste to keep the stains off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aimee5

LottieP25 wrote: »
    Go to your dentist , it may be more expensive than the pop up laser shops, but it's kinder to your teeth and it lasts longer.

Afterwards get pearl drops smokers toothpaste to keep the stains off :)

any ideas roughly what a dentist will charge?

good call on the pearl drops I must pick up some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

I've used Crest whitening strips and found them fantastic. Bought them in the States - I mentioned them to my dentist for advice and he had no problem with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Have looked into this.
    They usually charge around €300, less if you just want the trays so you can do it yourself at home.

I've used Crest whitening strips and found them fantastic. Bought them in the States - I mentioned them to my dentist for advice and he had no problem with them.

I've read a few negative reviews about these though?
    shinesun wrote: »
    Have looked into this.
    They usually charge around €300, less if you just want the trays so you can do it yourself at home.

a diy tray kit such as this?

http://www.teethwhiteningplanet.com/products/voco-perfect-bleach

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Yep like that. The dentist would take an impression of your teeth so they would fit the mould exactly for the best results.

Most dentists give free consultations about it so could be an idea just to pop in and have a chat with them :)

cheers for all the advice guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

A dentist when he bleaches, he bleaches the whole tooth. Where as at home kits only bleach the stains. Bleaching removes the enamels and therefore reduces the strength of the teeth. Why do you want white teeth? The bleached Hollywood smile isn't that popular anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

I use the 2 step brush pen from boots. I smoke and drink gallons of tea. I get compliment all the time about my smile but yet they don't look fake white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

aimee5 wrote: »
    I've read a few negative reviews about these though?

If any help, my dentist recommended using Sensodyne toothpaste - I use it anyway, so the strips haven't affected me at all. And only need to use them twice a year. My teeth are whiter than they would normally be, but not blingy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I use these too they are brilliant and cost nothing compared to the dentists teeth whitening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

another vote for the crest whitening strips, I buy them off an Irish seller on ebay

Advertisement