Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on cylinders...

• 03-08-2013 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

After recently installing a Element Type-C, I just found out today that the range isn't the best. I'm using a 363mm inner barrel, which the cylinder is recommended for, with a Madbull Blue and Element H-Nub.

I seem to be getting under 30m roughly, where I remember I was getting near the 40m mark.

This is my first time with a different cylinder, plus a new thicker o-ring on the piston. What could be affecting it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

After recently installing a Element Type-C, I just found out today that the range isn't the best. I'm using a 363mm inner barrel, which the cylinder is recommended for, with a Madbull Blue and Element H-Nub.

I seem to be getting under 30m roughly, where I remember I was getting near the 40m mark.

This is my first time with a different cylinder, plus a new thicker o-ring on the piston. What could be affecting it?

It should provide you with a much better air, not unless you get a lot of resistance when performing a compression test. A type C should by right be fine.

I'd check for an air leak else where maybe your air nozzle or the hop up rubber may be torn. The packing may also be worn. No harm cleaning the inner barrel also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

[QUOTE=Southern Dandy;85828495]It should provide you with a much better air, not unless you get a lot of resistance when performing a compression test. A type C should by right be fine.

I'd check for an air leak else where maybe your air nozzle or the hop up rubber may be torn. The packing may also be worn. No harm cleaning the inner barrel also.[/QUOTE]

I did replace the o-ring on the piston, as I've mentioned, with a much thicker (Yet roughly the same diameter) one. The piston is moving, but could this be affecting it?

Air nozzle is fine, hop rubber is fine, and I've cleaned the inner barrel with silicone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I did replace the o-ring on the piston, as I've mentioned, with a much thicker (Yet roughly the same diameter) one. The piston is moving, but could this be affecting it?

Air nozzle is fine, hop rubber is fine, and I've cleaned the inner barrel with silicone.

Never clean your barrel with silicone. It is a lubricant not a cleaner, an attracts dirt something unreal. Also if silicone gets on your hop up rubber it will prevent the friction required to generate backspin.

Soak your rubber over night in water and washing up liquid, this will de-grease it. For the barrel clean it with lint free cloth and dip it again in washing up liquid and water, slightly warm thoroughly, then run a dry strip of cloth through to dry it.

I doubt it is your o-rings, provided they are lubed they will be fine.

Advertisement