Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod not on Licence

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

Licence Number 4 arrived this Morning and YES you have all guessed right no "S" on the Licence, what in the name of God do I have to do to get this "S" on my Licence, has anyone a number or contact as to who I can contact that prints these as it is plain as muck on the Pluse system, that I was granted the Mod and I have had it checked three times on that system to confirm this.I would not even bother till I was renewing the Gun, but if I want to buy a Mod I will be asked to show my Licence minus its "S" :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not sure if it's been suggested or not, but if you are getting no luck with your FO (as it's a simple task) contact the Firearms Policy Unit (FPU) and explain you have been granted the mod, and have had three licenses re-printed but they are still coming with no "S" on them, and could they help.

Contact them on 01-6661911 or 01-6661916
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Just contacted the Firearms Policy Unit and was redirected to my FO to ask him to get onto IT Department. So I have done that hopefully next week I will have Licence number 5 with the "S".:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Fingers crossed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    Fingers crossed.

And legs anything else that may help;) thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

Just for the fun these are the Licence's I have received so far, just keeping them till the one with the big "S" arrives I will then hand them to the Local station for disposal.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Lord god still no s that's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

My license arrived yesterday, no S.

I rang the FO (the first time I've managed to get in direct contact in 3 years) and was told that the S should have been on there and a reprint would be sent, also got the ammo allowance increased from 100 up to 750. :)

I just hope it doesn't take as many goes as Tawny Owl! By the way, it looks like we have the same FO.

Bw

Wonder what the problem is there:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

.22 licence arrived last week,no "S"on licence, waiting to hear back from the FO to see why?.
    Seems like a common issue????:mad:

• Advertisement

Well all it seems to be taken a little longer for the postman to arrive, Just keeping everyone up to date, no letters yet with the Licence,

Same for me, another friend is also waiting longer than normal since paying the fee.

I was talking to the FO there and apparently they have been moving to a new computer system and they have a new super moved in from somewhere else hence the backlog and all the mistakes.

Bw

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

this happened me when I put in a .22 sub. the new license came back without the s. I rang my fo and asked him why the s was gone and he just changed it over the phone. I had the new license with an s a few days later.
    just ring your fo and ask. good luck.

My new license arrived today, I have an S!!

Only allowed 100 rounds though, so back we go again.

Bw

this happened me when I put in a .22 sub. the new license came back without the s. I rang my fo and asked him why the s was gone and he just changed it over the phone. I had the new license with an s a few days later.
    just ring your fo and ask. good luck.

As you can see from my posts it's not as easy as this, may depend on the area your in and the FO I am still waiting after 2 weeks where before I was getting 1 a week but as I said with no "S".

Cheers.

Mauser 308 wrote: »
    .22 licence arrived last week,no "S"on licence, waiting to hear back from the FO to see why?.
    Seems like a common issue????:mad:

Got talking to my FO there yesterday. He appolagised and said he would re issue. Hope to have over the next few days, fingers crossed.

Mauser 308 wrote: »
    Got talking to my FO there yesterday. He appolagised and said he would re issue. Hope to have over the next few days, fingers crossed.
    Licence arrived this evening with the magic S. :)

Hi All Licence number 5 arrived yesterday and yes you guessed no S in bottom left hand corner, starting to think there is something going on here.:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

I queried this with my FO. I have a mod on the .223. They checked it on pulse and yes its on that system but no S on the license. I asked for another to be sent out with the S on it but was met with a "Whats the point - any Guard querying you will check it on Pulse and as long as its on there no problem!" Feeling frustrated isn't the word!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jagged

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    Hi All Licence number 5 arrived yesterday and yes you guessed no S in bottom left hand corner, starting to think there is something going on here.:confused::confused::confused:
    Jesus that's a serious messing around!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

223vmax wrote: »
    I queried this with my FO. I have a mod on the .223. They checked it on pulse and yes its on that system but no S on the license. I asked for another to be sent out with the S on it but was met with a "Whats the point - any Guard querying you will check it on Pulse and as long as its on there no problem!" Feeling frustrated isn't the word!

True that it can be checked but maybe that wont be done over the radio at 2am when you're going to/from lamping fox or rabbit. You risk all your kit being seized off you and the garda chexking it himself back at the station. Also the possibility of being arrested as it would appear to the garda that you're in possession of an unlicensed firearm.
    now obviously that would all be cleared up back at the station, but its a major inconvenience to you and a waste of time to the garda who would only be doing his job right.
    there has to be some problem with a computer somewhere along the line for the OP. His FO says he has put it on but its not coming out printed on the licence. Strange.

223vmax wrote: »

Got the same but if I want to by new it will not be sold to me as no S on the Licence, I am planing to go for a another Rifle next year a .308 for Deer, so this is not a great start.

True that it can be checked but maybe that wont be done over the radio at 2am when you're going to/from lamping fox or rabbit. You risk all your kit being seized off you and the garda chexking it himself back at the station. Also the possibility of being arrested as it would appear to the garda that you're in possession of an unlicensed firearm.
    now obviously that would all be cleared up back at the station, but its a major inconvenience to you and a waste of time to the garda who would only be doing his job right.
    there has to be some problem with a computer somewhere along the line for the OP. His FO says he has put it on but its not coming out printed on the licence. Strange.

Main problem here is your not to have the Mod with you as it's part of the Rifle and it's not mentioned on the Licence, so yes they could take the Rifle and you to the local my approval is on Pulse but as I keep saying I go the local FO he put's it through again I receive the Licence and no S I have even phoned the Firearms Policy Unit again today. they cant help I have to go see the FO again or ring Friday fed up at this stage only saving grace is I am not paying € 80.00 each time it's printed.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    Got the same but if I want to by new it will not be sold to me as no S on the Licence, I am planing to go for a another Rifle next year a .308 for Deer, so this is not a great start.

Main problem here is your not to have the Mod with you as it's part of the Rifle and it's not mentioned on the Licence, so yes they could take the Rifle and you to the local my approval is on Pulse but as I keep saying I go the local FO he put's it through again I receive the Licence and no S I have even phoned the Firearms Policy Unit again today. they cant help I have to go see the FO again or ring Friday fed up at this stage only saving grace is I am not paying € 80.00 each time it's printed.:confused:

Sorry to hear it's still not sorted for you mate, bizarre computer glitch turning into a major pain in the ass.

Licence number 6 arrived today, and yes you guessed wrong, this time the magic S is on the licence, I will pass on the other 5 to the local FO to cut up, as he will be delighted after so many phone calls and visit's to the station. Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to the FO:D:D:D:D;).

Now a very Happy Tawny Owl.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Well done. Finally. You would of got a loan out of Newbridge credit union quicker.

Have to say when you showed me the 5 license Monday it was very funny the way you had them marked.

Old
    New
    Writtin on the back of them.

Advertisement