Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tea is wrecking my buzz!

Options
  • 03-08-2013 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Ok after a couple of years I think im going to say goodbye to tea as a source for tannin. After many pints of high % cider I find I'm way to alert and a bit edgy (definitely not 'tipsy') lately if figured that it's the goddam tea thats wrecking my buzz..(usually I couldn't touch a cuppa tea or coffee after 6 pm otherwise id be wide awake till 3am in the morning).

Anyone else experienced this?

Any alternatives to tea for tannin?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Raisins, but either get oil-free, or take the oil off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,894 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

how much tea are you using? I put 1 mug of strong tea into 5 litres of cider in my last batch, that's not a lot of caffeine. You can also get decaf teabags in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

I can get very edgy and moody on normal tea, so yes it can happen.

With good coffee I'm ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'm using decaf tea (actually a 50/50 mix). The Lyons ones. Like yourself I'm intolerant of caffeine late at night. Decaf seemed like a good solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Oh you can also buy tannins in tubs from the home brew stores. I tried it once and found the tea better, but it might be worth a whirl for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement