Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enticed me to sign up with false informatiom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

Firstly Simon I just need to say that username is class! I've just read your post and it sounds like you were really messed around. I'm in a similar situation, was signed up with lots of false promises. Changed over from Vodafone at the start of May, battled a month and half for ngb transfer and then had a failed efibre install on the 8th of July.

Since then I've had no internet service from Eircom whatsoever. I'm stuck tethering off of my phone with speeds that make dial up look next generation. Sickening this is that it's in my estate, lady across the road has it! I don't think I've ever been as angry with a service before.

Like yourself I've also gone to Comreg as Eircom are ignoring me on their own forums as well as not calling me with any updates. Can I ask how was your situation resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Firstly Simon I just need to say that username is class! I've just read your post and it sounds like you were really messed around. I'm in a similar situation, was signed up with lots of false promises. Changed over from Vodafone at the start of May, battled a month and half for ngb transfer and then had a failed efibre install on the 8th of July.

Since then I've had no internet service from Eircom whatsoever. I'm stuck tethering off of my phone with speeds that make dial up look next generation. Sickening this is that it's in my estate, lady across the road has it! I don't think I've ever been as angry with a service before.

Like yourself I've also gone to Comreg as Eircom are ignoring me on their own forums as well as not calling me with any updates. Can I ask how was your situation resolved?
    It hasn't been resolved as of yet. I'm wating for Comreg's response. I'm currently on a speed of 2.5 Mb/s which is a tiny fraction of the speeds I was told I could expect and I haven't received the service I was promised.

Eircom Boards Reps,

I would like an explaination as to why the rep 100% guaranteed me a service I cannot receive and signed me up on that basis please.

Regards,

SG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Eircom Boards Reps,

I  would like an explaination as to why the rep 100% guaranteed me a service I cannot receive and signed me up on that basis please.

Regards,

SG
    Hi Simon Gruber Says

Please PM me your eircom account details and I'll look into this.

Thanks

Al

PM sent

• Advertisement

Hi. Have you any update for me in relation to my query?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi. Have you any update for me in relation to my query?
    Hi Simon Gruber Says

Yes I have looked into this however as there is an official Comreg complaint made to this case I am unable to offer a decision on the appropriate action to take.

Upon full investigation of this complaint a decision on an outcome will be made by eircoms complaints department.
    For an update on the progress of this complaint please contact 1800200481.

I can confirm that your specific area is not efibre enabled and there is no date available as to when it will be.

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

Ha
    I was enticed to Eircom with the same promise too.
    They then told me fibre wasn't available in my area
    I then proved that they were lying as the neighbour only 20 metres away and further from the cab than me actually got it installed.

Their advertising and everything said "free upgrade to fibre when its available in.your area"

20 metres away counts as in my area don't you think.

see this thread

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057009938

Ha
    I was enticed to Eircom with the same promise too.
    They then told me fibre wasn't available in my area
    I then proved that they were lying as the neighbour only 20 metres away and further from the cab than me actually got it installed.

Their advertising and everything said "free upgrade to fibre when its available in.your area"

20 metres away counts as in my area don't you think.

see this thread

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057009938

For some reason that I can't figure out, only half my estate was done. There's a VDSL cab at the entrance to the other half, however our cabinet c. 500m away wasn't done, although a planning notice was put on it around the same time. My "area" is surrounded on all sides by enabled cabs. I can't figure out why this one wasnt done and is why I was skeptical in the first place when the rep said it was available and I only agreed to sign up after asking him several times for clarification on the matter and sevral times I was told he was "100% certain it was available to my line" at which point I agreed to switch from Magnet to Eircom on that basis.

The area isn't cabled for UPC or any other non-eircom reseller either so I'm pretty much stuck with this it would seem, otherwise I would have signed up with them long ago.

Advertisement