Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from community and transport

Options
  • 04-08-2013 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭

Hi banned by buffybot for one week for mentioning the free travel scheme on a thread about the upcoming strike.

Buffybot has decided that any mention of the free travel scheme is off topic, I don't know how you can have a discussion about Dublin buses financial position but not be allowed to mention that 1.1 million people are entitled to free travel for which Dublin bus,bus eireann and Irish rail get 6 euro per person per year to divide between them.

When another poster asks how can Dublin Bus be losing money, posters are not allowed to mention the free travel scheme and how it affects the company?
    seriously I cant see the logic the issues are directly connnected if the scheme was either scrapped, or reformed and properly funded we would we not be facing a strike. So how can it be off topic ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mods can declare something to be off-topic, if you disagree you PM them and discuss it. You don't just continue posting about it as if the warning never happened.

The warning was made because the mods didn't want this thread to turn into yet another thread derailed into nonsense over the free travel scheme. We have several people on both sides who feel very strongly on the issue and will neither agree with each other on almost anything nor be able to reach some kind of agree to disagree point in the argument. Instead the thread will be essentially ruined by a pointless argument between people making the same point they've made half a dozen times before.

Violating a warning is bannable. The warning was clear. I can see the justification for the warning. I don't see anything to overturn here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

nesf wrote: »
    Mods can declare something to be off-topic, if you disagree you PM them and discuss it. You don't just continue posting about it as if the warning never happened.

The warning was made because the mods didn't want this thread to turn into yet another thread derailed into nonsense over the free travel scheme. We have several people on both sides who feel very strongly on the issue and will neither agree with each other on almost anything nor be able to reach some kind of agree to disagree point in the argument. Instead the thread will be essentially ruined by a pointless argument between people making the same point they've made half a dozen times before.

Violating a warning is bannable. The warning was clear. I can see the justification for the warning. I don't see anything to overturn here.

ok you have just shown the biase that infects this place, unfortunately people with an agenda work to get themselves into a position where they can decide the agenda.

Mentioning the free travel scheme is nonsense and off topic but oddly SIPTU were in the media today, saying that the free travel scheme is part of the problem but on planet boards the we prefer to live in the bubble that if the mods say it is nonsense it doesn't matter.

The mod quoted the words " free travel scheme" and then posted no posting off topic without any explanation as to how or why the words free travel scheme are off topic.
    where were the multiple warnings buffybot claimed ?

you have several people on both sides so the mods have decided that they will just not let it be discussed. ? Why so you can protect one side from having their beliefs challenged ? Could way to encourage debate. Well done....

cdebru wrote: »
    ok you have just shown the biase that infects this place, unfortunately people with an agenda work to get themselves into a position where they can decide the agenda.

Mentioning the free travel scheme is nonsense and off topic but oddly SIPTU were in the media today, saying that the free travel scheme is part of the problem but on planet boards the we prefer to live in the bubble that if the mods say it is nonsense it doesn't matter.

The mod quoted the words " free travel scheme" and then posted no posting off topic without any explanation as to how or why the words free travel scheme are off topic.
    where were the multiple warnings buffybot claimed ?

you have several people on both sides so the mods have decided that they will just not let it be discussed. ? Why so you can protect one side from having their beliefs challenged ? Could way to encourage debate. Well done....

Agenda? I'd be in favour of a small fee per trip for Free Travel users to discourage abuse, I don't know what you're on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Agenda? I'd be in favour of a small fee per trip for Free Travel users to discourage abuse, I don't know what you're on about.

I have highlighted the section for you.

If you describe any discussion of the free travel scheme as nonsense then one can only presume that there is an agenda to keep discussions of it off the forum.

BTW you ignored my other point, where was the multiple warnings, where was the infractions ?

Quoting the words " free travel scheme" and saying no off topic posting, doesn't say to me that any mention of the free travel scheme in the context of the threads subject will lead to an automatic ban.

cdebru wrote: »
    If you describe any discussion of the free travel scheme as nonsense

Twisting words like this to make them say what they clearly didn't is partially why the topic ends up creating a mess in that forum you know.

If you want to appeal to an Admin you may. As far as I can see, you've no case here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement