Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on setting up a business

Options
  • 04-08-2013 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of setting up a private limited company with 2 friends. The business will be legally incorporated in 3 weeks time. My question is as follows at the moment I am on Job seekers allowance. When do I have to sign off from this? and is there any grants available like the back to work allowance.

If this is in the wrong forum section please move it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 roberta21

Hi there Skimpydoo-check out the Back to work enterprise allowance-you will need to attend a workshop and complete a business plan before you can be approved for this scheme-but I am pretty sure they also do provide grants and assistance associated with start up costs.Check out this link and touch base with your local County Enterprise Board

http://selfemployedsupports.ie/back_to_work_enterprise_allowance.en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

roberta21 wrote: »
    Hi there Skimpydoo-check out the Back to work enterprise allowance-you will need to attend a workshop and complete a business plan before you can be approved for this scheme-but I am pretty sure they also do provide grants and assistance associated with start up costs.Check out this link and touch base with your local County Enterprise Board

http://selfemployedsupports.ie/back_to_work_enterprise_allowance.en.html
    Hi Roberta thanks for the info. Just one query as 3 of us are in the business am I still classed as self employed. I was sure the Back to work enterprise allowance only worked for sole traders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 roberta21

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Hi Roberta thanks for the info. Just one query as 3 of us are in the business am I still classed as self employed. I was sure the Back to work enterprise allowance only worked for sole traders.

I am not 100% certain given that you are forming a company-no harm in trying I guess-definitely give your local sw office a buzz or citizens information-they will definitely be able to shed more light on it. Best of luck

roberta21 wrote: »
    I am not 100% certain given that you are forming a company-no harm in trying I guess-definitely give your local sw office a buzz or citizens information-they will definitely be able to shed more light on it. Best of luck

Thanks Roberta will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

A director of a limited company who owns more the 15% of the share capital of a company is classified as self employed and subject to self assessment and you would have to register with the revenue as such.

You should still be entitled to the BTWEA whether youa re a company or a sole trader.

Best of luck

dbran

• Advertisement

dbran wrote: »
    Hi

A director of a limited company who owns more the 15% of the share capital of a company is classified as self employed and subject to self assessment and you would have to register with the revenue as such.

You should still be entitled to the BTWEA whether youa re a company or a sole trader.

Best of luck

dbran

Thanks for the good news dbran. I will contact Social Welfare about this.

Advertisement