Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing mattress

Options
  • 04-08-2013 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm due second baby in October an basically um wondering should I replace the mattresses in the cot, crib an pram that I used for my first child?? I did lend my sister the crib but cot an pram was only used on one child...
    Just wondering what would others have done, buy new ones or just use same?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

jackben wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm due second baby in October an basically um wondering should I replace the mattresses in the cot, crib an pram that I used for my first child?? I did lend my sister the crib but cot an pram was only used on one child...
    Just wondering what would others have done, buy new ones or just use same?
    Thanks

I'm for the replace vote - it's the one thing I insisted on buying new this time around - I have the fear that there would be dents in it and it wouldn't promote proper back development !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

for my own kids I used the same mattresses in the pram,basket and cot but I would buy new ones if they were from anyone else or suggest new mattresses if I was giving the stuff out on loan.
    My kids are quite close in age though so one comes out of the cot and the next goes in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I would definitely replace any mattresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

Thanks all, I think ill get a new one for the crib that I lent to my sister, I think pram an cot be ok...thanks for advice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I remember reading somewhere that cot mattresses should be replaced, even between siblings. Something to do with spores from the inevitable vomit that gets on the mattress...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Had planned on replacing all mattresses, but in 2 minds about the cot mattress now. My little one has never vomitted in her cot, she had the vomitting bug twice, but both times she always vomitted in the bed with me. I heard recently that between siblings isn't as bad, but if you're getting from anyone else, then replace. Since I co-sleep a lot, I can't help but think that our mattresses must be as bad as a reused cot mattress - can't see the difference if I'm honest & don't intend on replacing our mattress.

Advertisement