Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched Networks, no service yet

Options
  • 04-08-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

I switched networks yesterday but still have no service. I phoned the new provider and the retailer but both say, though their stores are open, their office hours do not include Sundays. I tried to register online with the new service but they wont accept my number saying I'm not a customer of theirs.
    Could this mean my phone wont be activated to the new service until Monday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Poutbutton wrote: »
    I switched networks yesterday but still have no service. I phoned the new provider and the retailer but both say, though their stores are open, their office hours do not include Sundays. I tried to register online with the new service but they wont accept my number saying I'm not a customer of theirs.
    Could this mean my phone wont be activated to the new service until Monday?
    Most likely yes, although if you get through to your networks customer care they might be able to do something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

It depends on when the port was submitted and whether you we're moving from pre/post pay with your old network to pre/post pay with your new network.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Got through to a rep & they set me up happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

Poutbutton wrote: »
    Got through to a rep & they set me up happy days

I switched from o2 to Three in April and before i had left the Blanch SC I was set up

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I'm going to state the obvious here cos it happened to my brother last week. Have you turned the phone with the new sim in it off and back on again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Thanks Gingernut79 I spoke with a rep & they told me I just hadn't been connected yet. They did it, told me to power off & back on again and I was connected there and then.

Advertisement