Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you mail Irish Food Hamper Gifts to New Zealand?

Options
  • 04-08-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

My best friend has gone to New Zealand for a Year and its his birthday in a while and I was thinking of sending him a package with different Irish food brands. As in some Tayto, Butlers, Guinness etc.

I was just wondering is there things you can't mail either to New Zealand or at all.

Also if I can mail these things do I have to fill any forms or declare anything or whatever or pay fees or send it by registered post or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.

(Also I know its going to be expensive to send so don't be like don't bother. I have my reasons and resources for doing this :) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Moved from Gifts & Festivities

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It shouldn't be too expensive, an post do pretty good rates. €20 gets you up to somthing like 6kg once the dimensions are below a certain limit.

You can have crisps, choc, sweets etc no problem. Obviously meat and dairy and veg would be stopped. Guinness I would say would be stopped or may not even be allowed to be sent by post as a liquid...

if the total value is under $400 NZD there will be no customs of GST fees (VAT), if over the receiver will be billed for them and the package will not be relaesed until paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

You can have crisps, choc, sweets etc no problem. Obviously meat and dairy and veg would be stopped.

This is not entirely true. I have received cheese a few times. Was a nice treat!!
    Just declare on the front what it is and there shouldnt be a problem...
    Pointless sending Guinness really as the cans and bottles here are brewed in Dublin. Also, there is butlers shop in Auckland.
    Standard issues are tea bags, chocs, crisps and if for a women...pennies knickers and bras :P

Advertisement