Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small cuts of beef and ham

Options
  • 04-08-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I live on my own so great Sunday dinners are kind of out the window as it will end up going to waste, but I really miss them, roast beef, ham/bacon. Even if I could get one that would do 2-3 people and then just use the left overs for sandwiches, are butchers accommodating when it comes to stuff like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

Any local family butchers will cut whatever size you need ... JUST ASK ...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Even our local butcher counter in Tesco and Supervalu cuts joints of meat to size for you. All you have to do is ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Cool thanks guys, I should have just asked, can't wait to have a proper roast dinner, it's been a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

All those meats freeze really well once they're cooked. So if you buy a piece of meat for 2 or 3 people, just slice up what's left and freeze it. It reheats really well in the oven, covered with tinfoil, in 20-30 minutes at 180C. You could freeze the beef in any leftover gravy.
    That way you can have another roast dinner without the effort.

All those meats freeze really well once they're cooked. So if you buy a piece of meat for 2 or 3 people, just slice up what's left and freeze it. It reheats really well in the oven, covered with tinfoil, in 20-30 minutes at 180C. You could freeze the beef in any leftover gravy.
    That way you can have another roast dinner without the effort.

I'm a freezaholic anyway I freeze everything, so this sounds fantastic. Will definitely give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

aldi dunnes and tesco all sell 650g bacon eye loin joints prepacked in their bacon section. they are about a fiver and should be spot on for you

gowley wrote: »
    aldi dunnes and tesco all sell 650g bacon eye loin joints prepacked in their bacon section. they are about a fiver and should be spot on for you

Cool thanks, I shop in aldi every week, don't why why I didn't just look for a small bacon joint in there, will pick one up next time I'm in.

Advertisement