Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth Australia - day trip ideas

Options
  • 04-08-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to be in Perth for 6 nights in November. Just looking for ideas for day trips/overnight stays outside the city. Compared to the east coast, everything in WA seems really far spread out.

Was looking at Monkey Mia as a nice side trip but then realised it was 9 hours away! Has anyone been to Perth and can suggest some good places to visit. I'm interested to hear all ideas. Realistically 2 - 3 hours max journey outside Perth.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Rottnest Island is pretty cool. Just an hour boat ride off the coast. Bring a picnic, rent a bike and cycle around till ya find a nice beach :)

Down south is very nice, Around Pemberton, Bridgetown, Margaret River. Only a few hours south thanks to the freeway

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Add Busselton and Dunsborough to the above as well as far as south is concerned.

North is a bit more difficult with there being little between Joondalup and Geraldton. However, the Pinnacles is well worth a visit and you could do that with Jurien Bay in the one hit.

Also, Moore River is about 40 minutes north of Wanneroo and is fantastic. The river and sea are separated by a strip of beach so you have the best of both world's. Barbecues on site and it's always busy, one of my favourite spots during summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

I would agree with checking out Margaret River and surrounding areas. There are some fantastic tours of the Margaret River region if you are interested in wine/cheese/chocolate or beer. I would recommend the Bushtucker tours from personal experience.

Yanchep National park is well worth a visit, just over 40 km north of Perth. We did two brilliant tours while there - one of the caves and one on 'The Aboriginal Experience' all the while getting to picnic in beautiful surroundings and see some of Australia's non-deadly native animals up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

3rzpf2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Cheers for all the suggestions, plenty to keep me busy!

Much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Another good one is Swan Valley. It's only 30 mins from Perth but is like a mini Margaret River. Chocolate factory, vineyards, beer house, coffee factory, honey factory, cheese farms. It's right beside Perth airport and is IMHO a great alternative!

Advertisement