Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crushed 3gs, worth a repair?

• 04-08-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Herself managed to drop her 3gs on the ground and and her friend drove across it in a Corsa :D

Now the question, is it totally fecked or should I risk the money for a replacement screen? No lights come on when I press the power button but screen is really really fecked, bits missing etc.

What say ye?

20130804_161547.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Fix the iPhone, scrap the Corsa :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Here's what I would do, buy a screen, digitizer and LCD off eBay and fit them yourself, it's easy and much cheaper than paying someone to do it. But before I did any of that I would be ringing it to see if it rings, or even send a text. Everything could be fecked in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

A corsa did that?? :eek: :pac:

No but seriously, I would think it's gone well beyond economical repair at that stage. You could always see would it still sync up to a computer so you can get a backup from it, and then buy a second hand 3GS for about €150 I saw in one of those cash converter shops, or maybe see what's available on Adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, the odds on her dropping it just as her friend came driving is probably divine intervention that she shouldn't use it any more :)
    I'll hook it up to a pc tomorrow and see if it'll respond at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

You can buy a screen off ebay for feck all, and fixing it yourself is fairly easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

€40 as long as the frame is still roughly in shape in TechPros in Tallaght, Lucan or Balbriggan.

"No fix no fee"

Advertisement