Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 REmake

• 04-08-2013 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Capcom have stated that if they receive enough support and interest from RE fans they will remake resident evil 2. Heres a petition I found so please sign it and show your support.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/resi2remake

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Now that the canon outcomes are known, IMO they should focus only on those.

Also they should try to have some Resi 1.5 stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drummer76

I think they should remake 2 and nemesis together in the style of the Gamecube REmake of the original and sell them together as a boxset maybe even with a HD port of the gamecube remake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am a bit scared of word "remake".

Would I want Resident evil 2.5 ( updated original game )? Yes.

Would I want Resident evil 6 - 2. **** no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

If it's anything like the Remake of 1 on the gamecube then it will be great!

I think it will have to be like the GameCube REmake otherwise they might aswell give up now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They can shove the Resi 2 remake up their arse and give us Megaman Legends 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They can shove the Resi 2 remake up their arse and give us Megaman Legends 3.

back in your box!
    we wants our remake

Good man skerries, this thread is for resident evil fans. Please no megaman fanboys or resi haters. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do you really trust capcom with the remake. They'll only out source it like they did with Resi 6 and look how that turned out. All the talent that is left in Capcom is working on the team that made Dragon's Dogma who are busy on Deep Down. Be careful what you wish for.

There's loads of ways already to play Resi 2 and it's perfect the way it is. I'd much rather they gave us Megaman Legends 3 because we never got an ending and it's a much better series than Resi :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

only thing i want from this remake is a hd upgrade :) thats all leave everything else the way it is and il happily buy it no problem :) if its a completely new remake then i wont bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Do you really trust capcom with the remake. They'll only out source it like they did with Resi 6 and look how that turned out. All the talent that is left in Capcom is working on the team that made Dragon's Dogma who are busy on Deep Down. Be careful what you wish for.

There's loads of ways already to play Resi 2 and it's perfect the way it is. I'd much rather they gave us Megaman Legends 3 because we never got an ending and it's a much better series than Resi :P

Agree with this 100%. I would not really trust capcom with a remakes at all. Other then that:

Get back to your box with your Megamans and all that sort of stuff! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SharingIrish

Signed, this would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

I'd love to see this game remade with todays' technology as much as the next fan but I find it hard to believe Capcom will pay any attention to this petition... :(

If they get Shinji Mikami back in like they did for the REmake then I think it could be brilliant but if they go the re6 route then it would be a pointless venture. We know that so surely they do. And from all the feedback I've seen they will have to go the original route as that's what the fans want. Seen as they stated that this remake is conditional to fan response and support they will have no other option if they want it to sell and make them money. Which at the end of the day for them that's the real reason behind this strategy. Test fan response, build hype, sell the game in large numbers and finally sit back and enjoy the profit.

About the petition, they stated that they would do the RE2 if they got enough support from the fans so the petition is pretty much the only way to gauge fan response. Also there's a facebook page for it but I'm not on facebook so I dont know much about that.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Retrogamer wrote:

RE 6 was developed internally by Capcom.
    All the talent that is left in Capcom is busy buffing Bison for the Ultra edition of Street Fighter 4. Anyone who opposes this will be destroyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I am with retr0 on this one , give us megaman legends 3 aswell as sort out the contracts **** with the original voice actors and bring out mm1 and 2 on psn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

If 2 got the same treatment as REmake on the cube then 1000 times yes please. REmake is still awesomesauce and didn't break what made the early games so great.

If you want Megaman start a petition :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You all suck, I want Breath of Fire remakes.

You all suck, I want Breath of Fire remakes.

We're getting Breath of Fire 6. As a mobile MMO without Ryu or Nina. That's the new Capcom for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We're getting Breath of Fire 6. As a mobile MMO without Ryu or Nina. That's the new Capcom for you.

You're not allowed to speak of 6. A hex on you!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Outsourcing to DIMPS worked fine for the Streetfighter rejuvenation.

Just sayin'

Outsourcing to DIMPS worked fine for the Streetfighter rejuvenation.

Just sayin'

Well DIMPS was made up of a lot of ex-SNK and Capcom people so it made sense. They've made a lot more bad decisions than good when it comes to outsourcing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Signed but have no faith in Crapcom with the Resi series. I never played the resi 1 REmake, wish that was on the PSN store.

You're missin out, I think the REmake was the best one of all and could only be topped by a re2 remake in the same style. You could get a copy of it and a gamecube together for 50 euro or less on adverts.ie and it is well worth it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well DIMPS was made up of a lot of ex-SNK and Capcom people so it made sense. They've made a lot more bad decisions than good when it comes to outsourcing.

Well, obviously the hope would be if they do outsource it'd be to someone of a similar predigree to DIMPS and FGs.

I'm just saying outsourcing isn't the kiss of death!

drummer76 wrote: »
    You're missin out, I think the REmake was the best one of all and could only be topped by a re2 remake in the same style. You could get a copy of it and a gamecube together for 50 euro or less on adverts.ie and it is well worth it.

I have an old wii hidden away somewhere, might see if I can get REmake on wii maybe, same version as gamecube I presume?

It is and it is indeed amazing.

Haven't played the wii version but yeah i think they're the same. But if its the original wii you could buy either wii or gamecube versions.

• Advertisement

Cool, must keep a lookout for a cheap copy.

Advertisement