Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 REmake

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Capcom seem to think that a return to the old style would mean something like Revelations. The series needs a kick up the arse. The RE4 style of gameplay is old and boring now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

snausages wrote: »
    The RE4 style of gameplay is old and boring now.

Resident Evil 4 is still an amazing game to play. I wouldn't mind an new game in the Resi 4 style. The porblem is that Capcom no longer had producers like Shinji Mikami or Hideki Kamiya who know how to take that gameplay and make interesting scenarios and set pieces that keep the game interesting. Resident Evil 5 had the same gameplay as Resi 4 but it was the same crap over and over again so it got stale fast. Resi 6 on the other hand played completely differently to Resi 4.

You can have the best gameplay systems in place ever but if you can't use them in interesting ways then the game isn't going to be good. Capcom don't really have producers that can do that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drummer76

I think they should just follow the masterpiece that was Resident Evil Remake for gamecube. Take re2, improve the graphics, add a few extra places to explore, and move around a few things so its not predictable for those familiar with the original. I don't think it would need anymore than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Fun fact: The Raccoon City Police Department didn't have a single bathroom.

See there's always a new room that can be added without people saying "that room shouldn't be there!" I think the new additions to the mansion in the REmake were brilliant. Also the addition of Lisa Trevor, she was a scary bitch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Signed, but just to point out the full original quote is:
    "if the fans really clamor for it; if there's a groundswell of support for remaking that game, then I think that's something Capcom would take under consideration."
    So they said that they'd consider it, not that they would do it... but it's worth a shot!!!

Again, should be in the style of the REmake, rather than the newer games.
    Something in the style of Revelations wouldn't be bad, but could kinda break it... (á lá Twin Snakes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

It would need a full-fledged re-imagining I think. There are other ways of enfeebling the player besides making them move about on static pre-rendered environments. SH has been doing it for years.

A remake of RE2 would be a great way to start a series reboot as well. Raccoon City is sort of where it all started anyway. Almost no-one talks about the mansion incident.

It would need a full-fledged re-imagining I think. There are other ways of enfeebling the player besides making them move about on static pre-rendered environments. SH has been doing it for years.

A remake of RE2 would be a great way to start a series reboot as well. Raccoon City is sort of where it all started anyway. Almost no-one talks about the mansion incident.

I'd fear that a full imagining would end up akin to RE6, without Shinji Mikami on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So does Capcom actually realise how crap Resi 6 was or did they get enough COD dollars to see past the crappiness? I wonder if Resi 7 is in development and if they will make the full transition to FPS.

I think they realised their errors and that's why they ported over revelations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,083 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Capcom seem to think that a return to the old style would mean something like Revelations. The series needs a kick up the arse. The RE4 style of gameplay is old and boring now.

I thought the Lost In Nightmares DLC for Resi 5 was superb. Subtract the coop and you've a great layout for a properly scary old school Resi experience. You could even bring back the fixed camera angles!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought the Lost In Nightmares DLC for Resi 5 was superb. Subtract the coop and you've a great layout for a properly scary old school Resi experience. You could even bring back the fixed camera angles!

I played it recently. It was some empty corridors and some dodgy puzzles bosses. It was pretty lame imo.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I played it recently. It was some empty corridors and some dodgy puzzles bosses. It was pretty lame imo.

It just seemed great in comparison to the rest of Resident Evil 5!!!

I think they did a pretty good job with Revelations, I'd be happy enough if they managed to get something akin to that, or RE4 with any direct sequel, or a remake of 2.

Advertisement