Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do Miele washing machines wash clothes faster?

• 04-08-2013 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Am on my third machine last one being a Beko. Clothes are coming out dirtier than went in. Previous Candy so called A rated machine took 3hrs to do a normal wash. I've always wanted a Miele but couldn't stretch to their price. With what I've spent on machines in 9yrs, I'd have paid for a Miele. BUT my main question which isn't in their specs online, how long is the "normal" washing cycle.
    My research is showing up alternatives of Siemens/Bosch.....so confusing

P.s. anyone know if the showrooms in Citywest open on Bank Holiday Monday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

most washing machines have a quick wash usually between 39 and 50 mind and some also have a 15 min refresh wash im sure miele has one or both functions but you dont need to go all out with a miele if you purchase siemens wm14 q 360 which retails at 499 or lg f1289td which is 449 i can tell you both are excellent machines and if you clean the filter and descale it every 4 months will last for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

JASOND29 wrote: »
    and if you clean the filter and descale it every 4 months will last for years

You only need to descale it if you live in a hard water area, your local council website will advise you - see below for the three Dublin county councils. Almost all of the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown county has soft water so we don't need to use salt in the dishwasher, my last Miele washing machine lasted 17 years and I never descaled it once, never checked the filter either.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/DrinkingWaterQuality/WaterHardness/
    http://www.sdcc.ie/services/environmental-health/water-services/drinking-water
    http://www.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councildepartments/wateranddrainage/findit/watersupply/#Water%20Supply%20-%20Hardness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

most washing machine instructions recommend cleaning the filter every few months as linnen and coins can get trapped there also most brands suggest you descale the machine even or run it on a 90 degree wash as ppl are washing at lower temperatures and odors and bactria can occur even if not in a hard water area doing these can and does help prolong the life of your washing machine or dishwasher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Gizmo 41, as the owner of a Miele novotronic 1500 spin speed the 40/60 degree washes take 90min upwards but her great indoors gets most washes out on the quick wash which takes 25 min. approx. .They have a great build quality and don't need descaling unless you have major issues with lime as the outer tub is made of smooth stainless steel which does not attract lime build up like most others which have poly propelene outer tubs the backs of which are are constructed honeycomb like for strength but attract sludge on spin giving off odour on build up. As suggested the Bosch/Siemens range are good machines but on saying that I have had 6 drum bearing failures with the Siemens wm12/14Q series within the last seven or eight months something that I never experienced with Siemens until they dropped their price to the current level but the Bosch 6/7 kg range are still brilliant.

Advertisement