Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Didn't get that PM if you sent it btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Those drift mods are a pain,im trying to figure the puzzles without resorting to youtube.....has not been going very well,only have power drift so far as that puzzle is easy enough. Dont think ill ever get the one that looks like an organ where you have to hit the plate to open each pipe as you go. That one either bugs out or becomes undoable after a few failed attempts.

I did get a nice mag build going though,as the prime version is vaulted ive had to forma the normal version but man that shield polarize is hilarious with decent power range and strength against the corpus. Also got the shield transference augment to help her be a little less squishy,still need vitality though to help with the damage that goes through shields. Im tempted to look at buying a mag prime set as shes vaulted but then again im reluctant to buy any frames. Anyone know what frame is next for vault access or when mag will be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Haven't played Warframe since Monday. :(
    In fairness I was very damn busy this week. Moved to limerick to my misses and spent time with her or at work.
    I am off Monday, so I am coming on for sure. One thing that annoyed me i lost my log in streak of 22 days. :(

Have an itch to throw one more forma in to soma prime because **** you, that's why :D

Anybody having issues logging in on PS4 at the moment?

Servers went down the other night when they deployed new update to PC but were back after a few hours. There still seems to be lingering problems for some though. I can log in but a friend cant,if he does manage to get through the login he gets kicked after a minute or two. Time out error

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ignored this since forever, but I decided to give it a whirl last night. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, but the combat is a lot of fun, so that's good. Initial thoughts are that it seems like F2P done right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Have an itch to throw one more forma in to soma prime because **** you, that's why :D

DO IT DO IT DO IT

It is some weapon.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    DO IT DO IT DO IT

It is some weapon.

I played a bit Monday. I need to get back to play it with lads during nights. We had some crack. I just moved in with misses, so spending more time with her right now. Warframe is not abandoned though. :)

Ignored this since forever, but I decided to give it a whirl last night. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, but the combat is a lot of fun, so that's good. Initial thoughts are that it seems like F2P done right.

It can be quite difficult to get in to in the sense of understanding all the systems that are in place,its the thing that Warframe does worst imo. It literally dumps you in the star chart after the first story/intro mission with little to no direction on what to do next. Learning the crafting system and understanding where each crafting material can be obtained is essential for a new player,crafting new weapons and warframes and using them is how you level in this game. I made the mistake of playing solo for ages when i first started,its much more beneficial to get into a clan or just add players to your friends list as you go and recruit for a squad for the tougher missions. Also mods for weapons and warframes are a huge deal in this game,as your mods get better the level of mission you can do will also go up. Painstaking at the start but very rewarding once you get the right mods and level them.

Its also the only F2P game i have ever spent money on,normally the model just doesnt work for me as content takes a ridiculous amount of time to get to which is not for me anymore.

@Shadow "The Forma" Hearth we should be calling ye,your soma does rek everything though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

didnt think this had a following, played it years back and found it meh, is there much changed? downloaded it anyway to give it a blast

I had another couple of hours on this last night. I realised that you can do the missions on each planet outside of the story arcs, so I started working through the Earth ones with some random guy. Did about 5 of them, it was good craic having some company.

I'm still getting to grips with frames and weapons and stuff. I'm still using everything I started with, but with mods. I'm kind of struggling to know what I should be aiming for in terms of progression.

Regarding mods: I already have a rake load of them - should I be selling them, or fusing them or transmuting them or something? Or is it better to just hang on to them all for now?
    didnt think this had a following, played it years back and found it meh, is there much changed? downloaded it anyway to give it a blast

There were about 30,000 people online on Steam alone last night so it seems fairly popular. Give it a lash.

• Advertisement

For now you should be mostly fusing them,as they rank up they will start to take up more capacity on your warframe/weapon/companion so be careful that you have enough space for levelled mods. Always try hold onto at least one of every kind of mod you come across,while some might seem useless now they may come on very handy down the road. For the moment you will most likely be using duplicates of the mods you have to fuse to the ones your levelling,if you come across fusion cores use them to level the mods instead. ALWAYS make sure to select the mod you wish to level first(the ranked one) and fuse the unranked one to it. As the mod you fuse is lost. When using duplicates to level a mod a duplicate will give bonus xp to the mod. IE fusing a unranked vitality to a ranked vitality gives a little bonus where as fusing a unranked rush to a vitality does not,as they are not the same polarity. Keep this in mind as when the ranks of mods get high the diminishing return kicks in and you should only be using duplicates of same polarity or cores to level mods.

Polarity are the little symbols you see in the top right corner of each mod or mod slot on weapon/frame. Matching say a V polarity mod and a V polarity slot means the mod will only take up half the capacity,ie a mod that took 8 capacity when in a corret polarity slot will now only take up 4. You can add/remove/change these polarity slots down the road on weapons amd frames. This also applies to aura mod slot. Most definitely keep and eye on the alert missions,if any of the alerts mention aura mod as reward most definitely try do them. Aura mods can only be got that way and give passive buff while also giving your warframe passive buffs and extra carry capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I don't know if the DLC works on a Irish account or what the DLC consists of (or is it worth it) but anyhow I found this via reddit:

Free Warframe & World of Tanks DLC when you buy Official Playstation UK mag.

Facebook link here
    pick up this month's mag and you'll unlock free gear for PS4's best free-to-play games – Warframe and World Of Tanks

12795356_968810683156565_161776187632200752_n.jpg?oh=54eed11c5e96e782c6429b54afe3e006&oe=574E70CB

I don't play either game but thought it might be of interest to some of you.

EoinHef wrote: »
    For now you should be mostly fusing them,as they rank up they will start to take up more capacity on your warframe/weapon/companion so be careful that you have enough space for levelled mods. Always try hold onto at least one of every kind of mod you come across,while some might seem useless now they may come on very handy down the road. For the moment you will most likely be using duplicates of the mods you have to fuse to the ones your levelling,if you come across fusion cores use them to level the mods instead. ALWAYS make sure to select the mod you wish to level first(the ranked one) and fuse the unranked one to it. As the mod you fuse is lost. When using duplicates to level a mod a duplicate will give bonus xp to the mod. IE fusing a unranked vitality to a ranked vitality gives a little bonus where as fusing a unranked rush to a vitality does not,as they are not the same polarity. Keep this in mind as when the ranks of mods get high the diminishing return kicks in and you should only be using duplicates of same polarity or cores to level mods.

Polarity are the little symbols you see in the top right corner of each mod or mod slot on weapon/frame. Matching say a V polarity mod and a V polarity slot means the mod will only take up half the capacity,ie a mod that took 8 capacity when in a corret polarity slot will now only take up 4. You can add/remove/change these polarity slots down the road on weapons amd frames. This also applies to aura mod slot. Most definitely keep and eye on the alert missions,if any of the alerts mention aura mod as reward most definitely try do them. Aura mods can only be got that way and give passive buff while also giving your warframe passive buffs and extra carry capacity.

That's great info thanks!

So Inaros is fun and all my clan love him. Guess that means he's getting nerfed. New tac alert is up since last night btw. X2 Resource booster too... I'm going to buy a booster on top of it to make it X4 and gift another to a friend or two.

Done the alert a few times,looks like the rare rewards are dual stat electric mods. Only one of them i need now is jolt having got shocking shell on my second run. I have the orher two on offer. A loot table i was looking at earlier had focus lens in it as well although i havent seen or heard of anybody getting one.

Will also say grinding this alert is much better than the last event,25 waves of high level grinner defence was just painfully long the last event!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Is this very pay to win or just cosmetic stuff? Trying to convince some friends to start playing

Its more pay 2 rush IMO,patients would be the key to not spending money in this game. The game is mostly centered around PvE also so in that enviroment its hard for it to be called pay 2 win. There is PvP but its optional really,i havent played it once and ive over 300hrs in warframe now.

EDIT: Jaysus its a bad week for Baro on console:(
    Quanta skin and Primed Bane of Infested and Bane of Corpus,pretty poor! Would have been tempted by Bane of Grineer but no they give us the other two.

The way he is now setup on PC looks so much better so hopefully that makes its way to console soon. I would have just spent all my ducats on stalker summon this week if PS4 had it,need War to be done with the stalker. Have multiples of everything else he drops.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/625021-march-11-14th-ddos-recovery-and-next-steps/?hootPostID=a92615ddc4afc7bb84a8885ea0af25a9

We get slash mods again! :D Time to farm to ducats. And I'll be getting platinum refund on the boosters I bought this weekend. I wonder if it covers gift boosters bought since I bought like 4 3-day Resource boosters for my friends and clan! That's 100p. The resource global booster is back so I'll probably just re-spend that plat on boosters again to stack with the global one ^_^ It's so worth it. X4 resources is just too good especially when paired with my Atlas who makes things have 100% drop rate (screw drop rate booster).

Piece of advice, too. Keep building prime warframe blueprint parts that you don't plan on selling for plat. When build, their ducat value goes up. I've build so many nyx prime systems, volt and loki helmets it's unreal. But 50 ducats a pop is nice. Can get another set of slash mods if I keep it up and the set will sell for 500ish platinum soon enough. Although I might end up selling them individually for more plat. That's how I made 600ish plat with the impact mod set.

The constant server/connection issues are starting to be a real pain in ass,mid mission disconnects,failed logins,crashes,matchmaking down,chat down etc.

Reckon ill be shelving this for awhile and wait for it to all calm down if it does not improve soon.

Just a quick shout out about the anniversary weapons that are being rewarded to players for logging in over the next while. Dex Furis,Dex Dakra and the new Dex Sybaris. They come with a slot and a catalyst so they really are free so definitely worth logging in over the next few days to get them.

Live already on PC and presume coming to console very soon but they were not there tonight.

• Advertisement

I already had the Furis & Dakra so now I have an extra set of them... I hope they're tradable. Sybaris was new, though. Haven't really used it. Focusing on forma'ing other weapons anyway.

I gotta admit... I'm really running out of anything interesting to do in the game. When my friend says she doesn't need anything in particular I pretty much turn a blank on what to do next. If I'm not with friends I find myself just trading non-stop, bringing in constant stream of platinum but with not much to spend it on. Being on the mumble server is more nessecary than ever for me to be able to play this.

Other than my friends needing help I don't know if I'll be going back to this game much outside of resetting forma building in foundry and a few trades etc. The latest update only added a load of skins that I can only get for a little under 10 quid from steam. Too much for a single skin and totally lame that I can't get them with platinum which I know how to make plenty of.

Dual Toxocyst secondary is really hard to handle but also really fun and decently powerful when you land the headshots that give you temporary infinite ammo/magazine and huge fire rate boost. Definitely don't see it being popular for pad users... much like bows. A playstyle choice for sure and has potential in the hands of people who know what they're doing.

I think I will have some time for Warframe today, might even go for it tonight too.

Just heads up for ps4 players. There are some really good deals for platinum due to easter sale. I think one package with ps plus works out 35eu for 3000+ plat. Its stupidly good value and woukd be enough for the rest of the life spam of a game if you know how to use plat.

Still have a decent amount of plat but have to say i am tempted by the 3000 plat package. For just under €40 its a whole heap of the stuff. Ive spent nearly 900 plat on slots for weapons and frames alone,i just cant bring myself to get rid of anything:( And thats not even considering the amount ive spent on the odd potatoes/forma as well.

Bloody hoarding is costing me a fortune but i love going into arsenal and having a s*** ton of choices about how i want to play. Then who knows when something will get a buff so cant let most stuff go. Ive traded quite a bit of stuff for plat but my god it can take an age to sell stuff. Having to change reigon to US to sell most of the gear as ive founf most europeans to be tight b*****ds:D

Still have a decent amount of plat but have to say i am tempted by the 3000 plat package. For just under €40 its a whole heap of the stuff. Ive spent nearly 900 plat on slots for weapons and frames alone,i just cant bring myself to get rid of anything:( And thats not even considering the amount ive spent on the odd potatoes/forma as well.

Bloody hoarding is costing me a fortune but i love going into arsenal and having a s*** ton of choices about how i want to play. Then who knows when something will get a buff so cant let most stuff go. Ive traded quite a bit of stuff for plat but my god it can take an age to sell stuff. Having to change reigon to US to sell most of the gear as ive founf most europeans to be tight b*****ds:D

Same lol. I still got 2k plat, but 3k for 35eu is just insane value. I don't even spend plat putrid of potato or forma now and then. 3k woukd buy a lot of tasty skins.

Got 2h affinity booster and omfg is it fast to level up stuff in Eris dark sector with it. Problem is I am broke as **** lol. Need those credits!

Got xp for rank 8 and forgot it's that stupid run amd gun challenge. Needless to say I botched it lol.

Broken war blueprint droped just now. I could swear I heard it mentioned. Looks like I need war or something to build it though..

35 quid for 3k plat is damn good value tbh. I'd reccomend you go for that now if you know you're going to buy plat eventually. Eoin is right. If you spend sparringly and pretty much act like you don't have plat to spare except for essentials that platinum will last you the rest of your days. Too bad it's only for PS4, though. PC is where it's at :P

@ShadowHearth You don't need war to build broken war. Also broken war is one of the best slash-based melee weapons in the whole game, rivalling Nikana Prime. Tipedo still my favourite for slash CC melee.

With affinity boosts and not with my clan I just do solo spy missions. Good reward drop tables. Perfect stealth hacking a console gives a huge load of XP and it's super easy and fast with loki. Plus bringing the Talons with silencer mod or silent invisibility augment (hushed invisibility) on loki allows you to clip a load of them to a bunch of enemies and detonate at once for stealth-kill XP multipler without it breaking. I find other weapons usually end up just alerting surrounding enemies because the bodies died too close to an alive enemy... which then killing that enemy breaks the combo and skipping them might make you have to rush to find a new target.

Stealth multiplier can go to X5. With an affinity boost that's X10. X10 XP per kill is pretty good if you keep it up and if you're really quick you can keep that multiplier when you hack a console. Insane amount of XP in one go. Be sure to switch to a syndicate weapon just before you hack it so it's syndicate AOE effect blasts out all the cameras, laser walls and containers... some having XP drops in them ;)

Clan and me last night were just grinding for ducats. Puncture mod set is dropping soon and we all want a set or two! Some sneaky fecks on the trade last night trying to sell their set for 700ish platinum in case there's anyone unaware they're dropping soon.

Edit: Oh yeah. I got a 50% discount on PC version the night before. I don't plan on buying platinum anymore because I'm well capable of making as much as I need from trade. However if anyone else wants to use the discount code I'd be up for facilitating the platinum to you via trade and perhaps paypal for the money or something. Discount ends 22h from this post so says the store page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Having to change reigon to US to sell most of the gear as ive founf most europeans to be tight b*****ds:D

Will have to do the same since the other day when i was buying the simulor my mates starting spamming the trade chat saying I was a scammer.

They saw the funny side of it, I didn't.:(

I wish i had my 3000 plat from the accesory pack still, went through it in a month.

Between buying slots and buying vaulted parts for guns/frames i was close to building its all gone now. Was stupid and bought some random crap off the store, including 2 Warframes (50% off codes though)

Okay, I got shoping problem.... I went out to buy loki prime systems and came back with rhino prime full set for 100p and loki prime full set for 70p... At those prices I just pulled the trigger. Specially when they wanted 50p for loki prime systems alone. I have some spare parts for loki. Hopefully I will get systems at some point for second set and put it for safe keeping as he is getting vaulted.

About broken war: I think it still asks me for "war" to build it.

Sucks a bit the way broken war and nikana prime were released so close together,i loved broken war but it was almost immediately replaced by the nikana for me,which i also love. I should break out broken war more often

Ive been using that loki method for focus gain but mostly using sabotage or exterminate depending if i wanna really get loads of focus or just want a couple thousand to unlock/level and ability. Must try it on spy. You using grineer spy rob? Dont think i could start grinding corpus spy!!

Right thats it,Rossi is a scammer,ignore list he he. Ye rossi the americans have plat and are not afraid to spend it. Ive found a lot more joy in the US regions than europeans.

Id say rob is referring to the fact you can get broken war as a quest reward shadow. Weirdly if you craft you need war to craft broken war and broken war to craft war. Broken war to make war makes sense but the other way foes not imo. But they would probably claim its all "Lore"...meh

• Advertisement

I don't mind either spy. I think I'm fresher on grinding grineer ones though because of Ivara. I used to do corpus ones before that.

I have 1400 ducats now. Hope that's enough for the puncture set. No doubt I'll need more because there'll probably be another primed mod and some cosmetics.

Advertisement