Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think the problem is that they don't have version parity across all platforms which prevents cross-save.

Did the mission to unlock my 5th piece of Railjack last night and it needs 15 fking Argon Crystals to build! It's going to be a long night in the Void tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Shiminay wrote: »
    I think the problem is that they don't have version parity across all platforms which prevents cross-save.

Did the mission to unlock my 5th piece of Railjack last night and it needs 15 fking Argon Crystals to build! It's going to be a long night in the Void tonight...

The PC version is always at least few patches ahead of the console's which kinda makes an all platform save feature impossible. The only good thing about the 15 Argon requirement, is they don't decay once you add them to the build console in drydock.

As for the Railjack itself, I found it great fun and pretty impressive overall but the lack of mission variety does get old fast. Some important things to take into account.....

1) Don't build any Mk1 or 2 level gear. It's garbage but still costs crazy amounts of materials to build. The first Earth combat zone drops every build material you will need so farm there for mats.
    2) Jump into Earth and Saturn missions via the navigation screen to progress through the star chart via other peoples Railjacks as the starter level gear you will have is worse than the garbage mentioned above.
    3) You need intrinsic level 7 to enter the Veil where the good Mk3 gear drops via the navigation screen but I think you can be invited in to Veil missions by a private group who have unlocked it themselves.
    4) All Zetki weapons are just plain bad due to overheating so look to pick up Vidar versions of your weapon of choice.

I've a fully maxed out ship so can run you guys through missions for parts and mats if needed. Shoot a tell in game to Jounar54 if ya want help to take some of the pain out of Railjack gear building.

I've done a few missions on other people's Railjacks and one of my clan members has built hers. It's nice to get the handy tips on what to avoid :D I might ping you to do a few runs tomorrow, I'm out to watch the Spurs v Norwich match this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

So I'm thinking of jumping back in for my yearly WF fix in the next week or 2. I'm the last remaining playing member of a Ghost clan so I'll be 100% solo on resources, how reasonable is it to try and get everything for the Railjack together like this (running boosters)?

It's doable in a week to 10 days. Amongst other things, you'll need 6 million credits though (as well as all the resources), so Boosters are pretty much a necessity if you want to keep your sanity and you'll probably end up with a few runs in the Index to make some credits if you're short. The full list of what you'll need is here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Railjack

Credits 6,000,000
    Cubic Diodes 100
    Carbides 120
    Copernics 120
    Pustrels 100
    Argon Crystal 15
    Orokin Cell 30
    Neural Sensors 30
    Neurodes 35
    Morphics 50
    Control Module 200
    Rubedo 15,000
    Circuits 5,000
    Polymer Bundle 4,500
    Plastids 3,000
    Cryotic 1,000
    Alloy Plate 27,000
    Ferrite 20,000
    Nano Spores 20,000
    Salvage 10,000
    Detonite Ampule 500
    Fieldron Sample 500

Some of these new components are hard to get outside of Railjack missions.

You have to build the dry dock too - that's not nothing and it's really big as you might imagine, so may require you to re-jig your Dojo to make it fit (I had to do this, took another 3 days of waiting for stuff to demolish and rebuild).

However, if you want to sample the delights of the Railjack, you can just jump in on someone else's and help with things like manning the turrets and repelling boarders and repairing the hull breaches. It's a good way to learn how it all comes together. It's really satisfying to exit the Railjack with your Archwing, board an enemy ship, kill everyone and either take it over or blow up its reactor :) You'll almost certainly be better off doing this a few times to get the resources you'll need to build your own.

• Advertisement

Got my Railjack finished and have been spending a chunk of time helping out on other people's missions to farm for resources to improve my own. I can see what Venom meant above to avoid needless upgrades. The good news is that the research for new stuff is on a clan level, so my clan mates who already had one have already bombed through some of the research for level 3 parts and I was able to sweep in and finish paying for some of that at a discount :D in 3 days time, we should have level 3 Reactor, Shields and whatever the other thing is.

Also, now that I have my own, I've been able to upgrade my abilities with things like turrets and so on and have leading cross hairs to be more accurate and full 360 degree fields of fire. Quickly working that in particular to level 5 so I can make use of the top mounted turret (I think?) that's accessible from the bridge.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Got my Railjack finished and have been spending a chunk of time helping out on other people's missions to farm for resources to improve my own. I can see what Venom meant above to avoid needless upgrades. The good news is that the research for new stuff is on a clan level, so my clan mates who already had one have already bombed through some of the research for level 3 parts and I was able to sweep in and finish paying for some of that at a discount :D in 3 days time, we should have level 3 Reactor, Shields and whatever the other thing is.

Also, now that I have my own, I've been able to upgrade my abilities with things like turrets and so on and have leading cross hairs to be more accurate and full 360 degree fields of fire. Quickly working that in particular to level 5 so I can make use of the top mounted turret (I think?) that's accessible from the bridge.

When it comes to gear, look for Lavan shields and vidar engines and reactors along with theTycho Seeker MK3 upgrade from the clan research terminal, which is a must-have for the extra damage and amount of missiles it can hold. The rank 5 belly gun ability on the other hand is rather meh and only really good for Earth level crew ships.

Saying that, partical ram is awesome for farming mats from the first Earth combat zone as you can just fly around the asteroids and the permanent AOE bubble will break rocks and suck up the mats without you having to seek out each and every one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So ive managed to get to MR10 from MR5 in the last few weeks.

Man this game is a time sink:(

I had 1700 plat from when i originally played the game(bought 2000 plat at a 75% discount). Spent 400 of it on 30 day credit and affinity boosters last week. Spent a good amount on slots for new weapons and frames aswell. Also had to buy quite a few reactor amd catalysts as i didnt have any BP lying around as i havent got that much time on the PC version.

Got my first prime frame and a few prime weapons now aswell. God i love Mesa,had the prime version beofre i could even access the normal version assasinate missions.

Completed all junctions except for 2. Managed to get a few quests done too. Once awake,stolen dreams,howl of the kubrow,the new strange,natah,limbo theorum and the second dream. Been a busy 3 weeks in the game:P

Also been running the acolytes the last few days,still need body count,weeping wounds and maiming strike to drop,got at least one copy of all the other good mods.

Fek me,the parcecis costs Ducats to craft:(

That's so stingy!

Guess it might be a choice between that or a new prime mod from baro at the weekend.

Is there a way to sell prime stuff for ducats other than baro?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Fek me,the parcecis costs Ducats to craft:(

That's so stingy!

Guess it might be a choice between that or a new prime mod from baro at the weekend.

Is there a way to sell prime stuff for ducats other than baro?

I found Parcecis rather meh and not even close to the damage levels that Zaw's, Orthos Prime or the Pennant (you can snag from Railjacking) can put out.

As for Ducats, you can only get em by selling prime parts to Baro but once you have relics to burn, just jump into any capture or exterminate mission and you can farm junk to trade pretty quick. The new Scarlet Spear event drops 1 relic per round and you can net an easy 10 relics pretty fast before the boss scales up to level 100 which then takes ages to kill. The event credits from such a run will also give enough (1000) to buy an arcane from Little Duck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The new sideguns I put on my Railjack were apparently great according to my crew. So glad I invested the resources into them. It's a big commitment for any of the RJ components. Just one can eat an entire reserve of the RJ resources. Saving up to get a better main gun now.

I've only done the first two parts of railjack so I'm a ways off having one for the event so I'll be just doing ground missions. I can see it getting old fast though,not much to it.

Are little ducks arcanes levelled? They look like they are in her inventory. If so I reckon I'll be prioritizing them over everything else.

I joined a relay last night when there was 12 sentient ships left,got it to 100 then a timer came up saying wait 30 mins. Is there a way to bypass that timer? Also didn't notice event mods dropping,they from somewhere in particular anyone know?

I've only done the first two parts of railjack so I'm a ways off having one for the event so I'll be just doing ground missions. I can see it getting old fast though,not much to it.

Are little ducks arcanes levelled? They look like they are in her inventory. If so I reckon I'll be prioritizing them over everything else.

I joined a relay last night when there was 12 sentient ships left,got it to 100 then a timer came up saying wait 30 mins. Is there a way to bypass that timer? Also didn't notice event mods dropping,they from somewhere in particular anyone know?

The last hotfix added the ability for Railjack owners to form groups so you might be able to jump into someone else's ship.
    Little Duck just sells normal arcane's like the other vendors do so you will still need to combine various amounts to level up the arcane yourself.

The timer is a pain in the ass and it sucks having to wait around but moving into another instance causes your current progress to reset so best to wait it out.
    DE really need to adjust the payout's per run as this event is getting super boring fast :(
    Also, the new event weapon is rather mediocre from what I've been told, so probley best to focus on arcane's and decorations.

Somehow missed the ropalyst fight till now,my god it's so buggy:(

Looking forward to getting wisp though.

After 5 trys with 3 being buggy im giving up for now,got stuck inside the ropalyst twice and the other time it was just stuck on first damage phase.

There a fair few bugs in the game these days. Getting stuck at the mod screen is a particularly annoying having to ctrl+alt+del to get out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'm just glad it doesn't crash in railjack every 10 minutes. Haven't played since the event started though so dunno how stable it is right now.

Deadlock Protocol this week on PC

Warhammer 40K in Warframe,well a small part of it

New update is good so far,out on all platforms:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Warhammer 40K in Warframe,well a small part of it

New update is good so far,out on all platforms:)

Well, Switch update is later this week.

Ran around and started the main new quest, a bit too much "go do one small thing, return to the Necralisk, talk for 30 seconds and go back out again".....I got an interstellar communication device, yknow!

That was a tad bit excessive alright. Load times on console are not amazing either.

I really enjoyed using the new Necramech though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Okey doke,
    - 2 years or so of inactivity - check.
    - Lots of new Updates to feel/get lost in- check

Time for another 500 or so hours methinks.

• Advertisement

That was a tad bit excessive alright. Load times on console are not amazing either.

I really enjoyed using the new Necramech though

The Necramech suits seem fun but there is a serious grind to unlock your own, so I hope we can use them in other parts of the game further down the road and DE don't just forget about them like they tend to do with lots of the games subsystems, like they did with ground based Archguns.

Latest Devstream confirmed we will be able to use the Necramech's in the other open worlds along with other zones.

To me DE seem to have a formula these days,release the content with only limited rewards(events) or large mat grinds for new toys.

When they are satisfied there's no major exploits they release the rest of the rewards or reduce the grind to get the new toys. I won't be grinding a necramech till the they adjust the grind

Advertisement