Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I really wish there was more lore to read, the setting is really interesting.

I built my Vasto last night, great damage but the magazine capacity is a real bummer. Bought the blue prints for dual ether swords and latron, will be farming for mats later on.

Got to level 2 and tried the qualification test - my pistol glitched and disappeared from my hand! Have to wait until 1am to try again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TomCo wrote: »
    I really wish there was more lore to read, the setting is really interesting.

I built my Vasto last night, great damage but the magazine capacity is a real bummer. Bought the blue prints for dual ether swords and latron, will be farming for mats later on.

Got to level 2 and tried the qualification test - my pistol glitched and disappeared from my hand! Have to wait until 1am to try again :(

Single vasto is great. I love my one. Got 4 forma in my one. Dual vasto is even more fun. :)

Vasto is not about clip, but about reload speed. Just put reload mod on it. It will reload so fast, it will just feel like one huge single clip.

I would recommend getting Soma. It's a beast weapon. I think they are planing making a level requirement for it. Get it while you still can.

I would recommend getting Soma. It's a beast weapon. I think they are planing making a level requirement for it. Get it while you still can.

Is there not already a level requirement?
    Its XP locked for me and the wiki lists it as having a level 3 requirement.

Is there not already a level requirement?
    Its XP locked for me and the wiki lists it as having a level 3 requirement.

Is it? Damn, sorry m8. I am rank 7 so I just buy stuff and dont see XP requirements anymore. Anyway, you should work on to get level 3 m8. Soma is just stupidly good. I got my to level 28 and still No forma and it makes stuff cry. A LOT! Stay away from gorgon by the way, it sounds great on paper and it sucks hard. REALLY HARD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bollocks. I have a level 30 Gorgon with increased ammo, rate of fire and damage mods and it scythes through just about anything you want to throw at it.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    Bollocks. I have a level 30 Gorgon with increased ammo, rate of fire and damage mods and it scythes through just about anything you want to throw at it.

Its useless due to such a long reload speed and wind up speed. You can give a good burst of damage, yes, but it is not a reliable damage at all. It sucks out ammo faster then you can count to 10. Try Soma and I bet you will throw away Gorgon. Soma has the same principal as GORGON, but everything set to 11. Let alone 2.5% crit vs 35%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Agreed on Soma, the thing is insane. Mine is level 30 with like 80%+ crit chance and it tears through everything, yellow numbers everywhere. I have an increased fire rate mod on it also so the wind up is almost nonexistent.

I really enjoy the Dual Ethers also. My first real melee weapon so it has a special place in my heart. Hits 3 targets at a time, the spin attack does big damage great for rushing play style, serrated blade for x3 damage against small infested and staggers all but Corpus Walkers on each hit. Although, I have been leveling up an Orthos and i can see why everyone and their mother uses it. Insane range, insane damage, hits 5 targets per charge.

Agreed on Soma, the thing is insane. Mine is level 30 with like 80%+ crit chance and it tears through everything, yellow numbers everywhere. I have an increased fire rate mod on it also so the wind up is almost nonexistent.

I really enjoy the Dual Ethers also. My first real melee weapon so it has a special place in my heart. Hits 3 targets at a time, the spin attack does big damage great for rushing play style, serrated blade for x3 damage against small infested and staggers all but Corpus Walkers on each hit. Although, I have been leveling up an Orthos and i can see why everyone and their mother uses it. Insane range, insane damage, hits 5 targets per charge.

Yup, soma is just stupid. Me an clan mates were having a laugh, we were doing void tower defence 3 ( 3 of us ). 2xsoma, 1xflux. Could we get more OP lol, yes, we needed wrath strun lol. I forma my soma today and going to forma again. I am pretty sure soma is sort of a **** up by devs.

Dual ethers were my first proper melee to lol. Love them. 100% agree on orthos. That's what I use now all the time, I haven't even put any forma in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

I have a spare £20 ingame credit.
    Story is I signed up to pcgamer on the phone but took too long so just bought the mag, can't use 2 PC gamer codes, so want to trade it for something small on steam maybe

KilOit wrote: »
    Story is I signed up to pcgamer on the phone but took too long so just bought the mag, can't use 2 PC gamer codes, so want to trade it for something small on steam maybe

2 codes do not work? bummer :( No good for me too.

• Advertisement

I have loads of spare keys from the bundles I buy.
    I'll have a look later, maybe there's something you'd want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Is it just me or is it really hard to join a Clan?
    I only just started playing again and was in the Recruiting channel for ages trying to get an invite to a clan.

Also, I was a bit surprised about the increase in difficulty since I last played. Nice to see that enemies keep spawning, even from previously cleared areas behind you (obvious exception is exterminate maps).

Stamina needs to be removed from the game though. It serves no purpose other than to slow the game down, especially since it appears to have been nerfed.

Is it just me or is it really hard to join a Clan?
    I only just started playing again and was in the Recruiting channel for ages trying to get an invite to a clan.

Also, I was a bit surprised about the increase in difficulty since I last played. Nice to see that enemies keep spawning, even from previously cleared areas behind you (obvious exception is exterminate maps).

Stamina needs to be removed from the game though. It serves no purpose other than to slow the game down, especially since it appears to have been nerfed.

I was also looking for a clan in the recruitment channel and didn't manage to get into one. One guy wanted me to donate forma and he would invite me. Nope.

I have spare keys for:

Dawn Of War
    Bastion
    Cortex Command
    Braid
    Renegade Ops

Plenty more, finding them in my emails is tough though.

Well, it means I got really lucky with my clan. Though our clan does have a requirement for teamspeak. If you join clan, you have to come on teamspeak when playing, even if you will be in "chilling" chat etc. Its a good idea, because you do get to know people and it makes social aspect of the game a lot more fun.
    It is mostly american, but there is a good bunch of us non americans. It is quite funny though, some banter going on with american flavour. :D

Has anyone tried the Latron?
    I started using it the other day and its basically an accurate semi-auto rifle, seems to be a headshot machine.

Should be really good with modded armor piercing damage and maybe a reload mod.

Has anyone tried the Latron?
    I started using it the other day and its basically an accurate semi-auto rifle, seems to be a headshot machine.

Should be really good with modded armor piercing damage and maybe a reload mod.

Actually almost everyone shares the same opinion about latron and latron prime in my clan - its garbage. Sorry :o

To be fair, I built Latron Prime and used it only little bit and it was really horrible. So I would not be the best person to say is it good end game. It might be the fact, that I dont like its mechanics. Its semi shooting weapon with bad DPS. I got Lanka for that, but Lanka just makes Baby Jesus Cry. :D

I have spare keys for:

Dawn Of War
    Bastion
    Cortex Command
    Braid
    Renegade Ops

Plenty more, finding them in my emails is tough though.

i'll just go with Braid

i'll just go with Braid

Send me on your SteamId and I'll gift it.

it's Kitaz or the id number is STEAM_0:1:2885427

• Advertisement

Actually almost everyone shares the same opinion about latron and latron prime in my clan - its garbage. Sorry :o

To be fair, I built Latron Prime and used it only little bit and it was really horrible. So I would not be the best person to say is it good end game. It might be the fact, that I dont like its mechanics. Its semi shooting weapon with bad DPS. I got Lanka for that, but Lanka just makes Baby Jesus Cry. :D

Got Latron up to lvl 20, but the constant clicking was causing a bit of an RSI flare up. I've switched over to Boltor, lots of fun to use.

Got Latron up to lvl 20, but the constant clicking was causing a bit of an RSI flare up. I've switched over to Boltor, lots of fun to use.

Just get it to 30 and dump it. Get all the levels you can for your rank. Getting rank 7 is a pain in a hole m8, trust me. You will need all the help you can get.

Boltor - Its best entry weapon for high end levels. Its a great weapon due to armor ignore on it. It has kick ass sound too. If you like it now, you will like it a lot at high levels. Few forma in to it and you got one badass yoke.
    I personally did not used much of it pass 30, got distracted by other weapons and leveling for flux/acrid/supra. It is solid weapon though, well worth investing your time in to it.

Get Soma as soon as you able. Get throwing daggers or stars too. They all got armor ignore, so it will help a lot on high end mobs.

I put 3 forma in my soma along with my high level rhino, mobs don't stand a chance I maxed a lot of the rifle mods except serration! That yoke takes hundreds of fusions to rank up.

I'm looking to join a clan to do some proper defence missions in the void

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

pay just over €3 here and get €10 worth of platinum along with 7 other games

Skerries wrote: »
    pay just over €3 here and get €10 worth of platinum along with 7 other games

Cheers. I needed little bit of platinum and this is just perfect. I wonder are those codes only one time use as I would buy one more lol.

Nice event on at the moment. Wishing i did more missions earlier in the event cause they where so easy to rush on my Mag (Need 100 missions for Tier 3 reward)

Also
    Lets go team Grineer!

Is the event up already? My Clan said will go with Corpus. Will go in and see what is it all about.

Great, UPC is acting the bollocks with 50Kbs download on a 50Mb line, and I have to go to bloody Gaelcon for the weekend anyway. Figures.

Pretty big changes with the new update. User interface got an overhaul, another Warframe available, and huge changes to the damage system. Each weapon now comprises impact, puncture and slashing damage in various ratios. You can combine elemental damage effects to produce new effects, such as fire and cold mods producing blast damage (chance of knockback) or electricity and fire producing radiation damage (lowers accuracy of enemy weapon). Level scaling has changed so that you'll get the same challenge from a level 40 enemy that you would've gotten from a level 100 before the update.

Interesting times ahead in the story as well, There's an event on which looks like it might cause a shake-up in the power structure of the Corpus. Loads of new weapons, a full codex section (not terribly fond of the scanner mechanic which leves you undefended, but I like its results- scan an enemy multiple times to get more information on them, like where they pop up, what mods they drop etc.)

My Warframes seem to automatically start spinning their melee weapon around when they get shot at, which is really annoying as it stops you from firing a weapon during the animation. Can't seem to find a way to turn it off in the options, but it was pretty late when I was having a look around so I might have missed something...

• Advertisement

The new update is sweet alright. The damage change was the biggest thing I was looking forward too. It got really annoying when the real high end game weapon was pretty much acrid or despair. Now I will need to experiment with all my weapons to find sweet spots. This patch really brought customisation to stupid leves . no more only crit or rainbow builds.

New frames look cool. Not really bothered about the amber prime, but berserker looks really fun. I still need to level up my nova, Vauban, may prime!

Advertisement