Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I tried a nice simple mission last night, versus level 25ish Infested, and was rather caught on the hop. Hadn't thought to change out the weapon mods I'd been using for the new damage system, and the bastards took nearly three times as much ammo as I was expecting before they finally died. The first mob of them ripped me to pieces, and the rest of the mission involved a LOT of running the f*ck away, especially when an Ancient showed up.

Swapped out a few mods in favour of fire and blast damage, and everything went way smoother. There's a really satisfying "whoomph" sound when an enemy catches fire now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

There's an announcement about Warframe tomorrow. You might be able to guess what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

COYVB wrote: »
    There's an announcement about Warframe tomorrow. You might be able to guess what it is

Moar DLC?

:-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Fieldog wrote: »
    Moar DLC?

Funded through a Kickstarter...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Moar DLC?

Not quite.

ONE moar phormat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What sort off announcement? I have not played it in ages. After 300h I needed a break. I came back to it on PS4 and loving it. It's a shame I can't use my pc account on PS4. Starting everything from a scratch in a way is fun and annoying. At least you can trade now. It won't take me about 15th to find rifle multishot anymore.

One annoying thing about ps4 version - no more platinum discount rolls. It is fierce handy on pc. I would always wait for 50% off roll and buy a good package.

So warframe is coming to xbox one too now. Good. Looks like ps4 migration payed off.

So warframe is coming to xbox one too now.

See 2 posts above from 15 hours ago :P

So i found myself balls deep in warframe again... This time on PS4.
    I am having a lot of fun and surprisingly it works okay with controller.

There were 4 frames introduced since I played last time on pc. A lot of changes too. New damage system, trade system, new missions, gazillion weapons.
    Is it me or resources became waaaaaay easier to get now. Lots of events help too.
    Starting from a scratch was a bit painful and it will be a while until I max out surration again, but fresh start has its own charm.

My first frame is mags and it's awful. Already got all blueprints for rhino. Still need few resources that I don't have access to farm yet.
    It will be a long time before I get my voubon again. :( I love that frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love this game. I've played nothing for ages, but this.

Collecting all the parts/materials for a weapon and building it is very satisfying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Re-installed his and played about 30 minutes of it yesterday. Couldn't enjoy it. Lots of changes since i last played and its hard to adapt and sink into it with my current account. I would start fresh on a new account but having already spent about €30 on the game its hard to just throw that away.

Wish i could reset my account and get all my platinum back :rolleyes:

Yup, still playing strong. Trying to open all planets as much as possible. Those alerts and conflicts are great source off parts for dojo weapons.

Can't wait to get my flux, ignis and soma. I miss them so much from pc. :(

By the way, why would you want start from scratch? That's one of the games that benefit from every little you can get.

32 hours in and still loving it. Playing the whole game with someone I know is great, I actually hate going only with people with those speed boosts who think the game is a race, hitting elevators before all 4 people are in, etc. I'm just never in a rush to finish a level frantically.

And that's most people, so we just go online, but invite only and only call on people when needed.

My new rocket launcher side arm is great.

Grayditch wrote: »
    32 hours in and still loving it. Playing the whole game with someone I know is great, I actually hate going only with people with those speed boosts who think the game is a race, hitting elevators before all 4 people are in, etc. I'm just never in a rush to finish a level frantically.

And that's most people, so we just go online, but invite only and only call on people when needed.

Well, sometimes I am one of those rush *****, but to my defence: I always wait for lift, unless team mate is in lialia land and that warframe is extremely fast paced game. Using environment and your equipment to move faster is part of the game.
    Thing is that the missions that are being rushed like that are mostly waste of time if you do them slowly. I better rush a few nodes like that and then have a good 25-30min survival or a long defence session. Its way more profitable and more fun.

For some odd reason I got kicked out from my last clan. I guess I did not even bothered finding out their name as I just needed dojo research lol.
    I joined new one last night. Found it on recruitment forum. Hopefully it will be better as I did stated that I am pretty much casual player right now and will still be able to give a hand with rails when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Grayditch wrote: »

This game is about farming. Eventually, you realize that you want to do let's say 2-3 runs per evening, as fast and as effective as possible.
    I always waited for people on a lift though.

That's grand, I just won't be playing the first run through of the levels online, whenever I can help it. I like to take in what's actually happening on a new level. I have 1-2 more people that I play with that play at the same pace, so it's handy. I'm sure I'll be a speedy runner in the future, but yeah, I've seen a LOT of people do that with the elevator.

So update 14 just landed for PC. This update worked on being new user friendly as possible. One of the biggest updates in ages.

If someone is looking to start Warframe its the best time to do it.

Couple of nice additions in there. I'm liking this Mirage frame, its powers seem nice and bizarre. Very happy at the addition of the Infested nodes, I never got a chance to take part in the Alad V/Mutalist event so it'll be nice to have a look at the missions involved.

Re-installed this before the patch and bought Valkyr, Venka and AKLex with what platinum i had. Reason i bought all that was i wanted the feeling of a fresh start, so much new **** to take in. But enjoying the new environments and damage types. New interface is nice but that galaxy map is so bad

In truth id rather play solo play and the game still isn't solo friendly. Weapons take so long to level up compared a long time ago when i went into a defense mission and would get 8 levels of a weapon i didn't even have to use.

Re-installed this before the patch and bought Valkyr, Venka and AKLex with what platinum i had. Reason i bought all that was i wanted the feeling of a fresh start, so much new **** to take in. But enjoying the new environments and damage types. New interface is nice but that galaxy map is so bad

In truth id rather play solo play and the game still isn't solo friendly. Weapons take so long to level up compared a long time ago when i went into a defense mission and would get 8 levels of a weapon i didn't even have to use.

Play interception missions. Those are crazy to level up equipment now. Plus on wave 3-4 you will get Tier 4 void keys.

Login servers getting a battering so far.

I am not sure I like the new player ship. It just makes everything longer to do. Its nice eye candy, yes, but it will get annoying super fast.

Anyone figured out what to do to get your new puppy? Where are those quests?

• Advertisement

Got fed up of the waiting time and had 15 platinum going spare, so I figured I'd rush the incubation process. Warframe has just become the cutest damn game ever. ^_^

315219.jpg

Can anyone write up on what you need to do to get one of these cute fury bastards?

As far as I'm aware, you need to do the Jackal assassination mission to start the quest, and it'll tell you what to do, although it's buggy so it may not be obvious if you're unlucky.

You'll get a mission to pick up an incubator section for the ship, and you have to go find an egg by destroying kubro dens on Earth (Eden Prime, as I recall). For each incubation you also need a power generator. You can pick one up in the market for 10 platinum, or buy the blueprint for 100,000 credits. Incubation takes 2 days, or you can rush it for 15 platinum. You can add genetic templates you've traded with other players, or leave the type of kubrow you get to chance.

I have no idea how long it takes for a hatched kubrow to become mature enough to use on missions. All I know is that they're adoreable, except for when they start dragging their arses along the floor of my nice clean ship.

Sarky wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, you need to do the Jackal assassination mission to start the quest, and it'll tell you what to do, although it's buggy so it may not be obvious if you're unlucky.

You'll get a mission to pick up an incubator section for the ship, and you have to go find an egg by destroying kubro dens on Earth (Eden Prime, as I recall). For each incubation you also need a power generator. You can pick one up in the market for 10 platinum, or buy the blueprint for 100,000 credits. Incubation takes 2 days, or you can rush it for 15 platinum. You can add genetic templates you've traded with other players, or leave the type of kubrow you get to chance.

I have no idea how long it takes for a hatched kubrow to become mature enough to use on missions. All I know is that they're adoreable, except for when they start dragging their arses along the floor of my nice clean ship.

Aye, I got the incubator and now I need egg. I will buy reactor as I have no luck with that resource to make it.

I tired a few runs for eggs, but no luck. I will do few solo runs. Playing with others is just annoying.

The eggs are probably glitched a bit too; I've seen reports of some people getting one on their first attempt, while others farm for 5 hours or more with no luck.

Got my Valkyr up to level 30 there now. She was so squishy when i started playing but after leveling up my steel fiber mod abit things are going much smoother. When **** hits the fan i just pop her ultimate power and i become a wreaking ball of invinsible hate and i come out on the otherside with full health. :D Also really nice for solo play when Stalker or the Gustag 3 decide to show their faces i just pop my ult and brawl with them.

Fusion mods seem to be much more rare also. I recall when i played before that when i felt like i just want to level up a mod i could do so easily because of the abundance of fusion mods i had. Finding it hard to level up stuff at the minute. Although i have only been running low to mid game content.

Also gave up on trying to find a Kubrow egg. Apparently they aren't worth the hassle since it costs close to 100k credits a week to keep them "happy" Might just drop the plat on the Kubrow pack next time i proc the 75% off logon reward.

Also my clan died since i left :( Went into the dojo and printed out copies of all the blueprints :D Any open clans spots floating around? Looking for something fairly casual, no pressure to do runs or anything, just something like a community.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I just started getting into this recently. It's so sick!

I just started getting into this recently. It's so sick!

Enjoy m8. I have clocked stupid amount of hours in to it and doing a break from it for now. Good thing is that game changes and adds new content very often so after each break its like playing a semi-new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Yeah there seems to be a lot to it because I showed up late. I'm just trying to grind to build a rifle I want then I'll go after a new warframe to complement that play-style I suppose. I hear joining a clan is a good idea. I really don't dig the PvP aspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I have this downloaded nearly a year and never fired it up.

Can someone give me a quick description of it and what I'm missing out on?

Or else tell me to shag off

Advertisement