Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They're on earth. To be honest, I think they're really damn bad. It's because there's no commands. You can't tell them what abilities to use, when, where or on what enemy. Some have cool stuff like disarm, cloaking etc. But it's pointless if you can't tell them to prioritise things like bombards, nullifiers etc. They'll just end up dying for anything difficult beause they'll go after some crewman while getting shot by an eximus badass or something. Waste of time and resources they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

On now doing a run through Jupiter, newb alert! Psn: zathurais if anyone's around I'll be in for an hour or so

An overseas friend I got into this game sent me this picture

MRTf0QG.jpg

I think she likes it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Looks like the monkey is asleep,funnily enough actually had a guy fall asleep on me the other night while playing,he had been on for 12hrs straight!! Crazy!

Cool shadow,im working nights so my schedule is a bit all over the place at the moment but ill get on if i see you on and get you into clan.

@Lahinchians i got your friend request on PSN and accepted it. Catch you on some time and we run a few missions.

I like the kubrow but would agree that once the difficulty starts getting higher they just become a pain as they need constant revives. Ive bred a few but yet to get a rare breed. One guy in the clan loves them,he has bred 30+ of them,some of them are pretty cool in fairness. Ill stick with the carrier for now though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Had a bit of extra cash bouncing around so picked up 1000 platinum. What would be good to grab now, mastery lvl 3 (just), only unlocked Jupiter yesterday. Or should I wait until later to get the real good stuff cheap?

• Advertisement

Personally id use it for warframe slots,weapon slots,forma and orikin catalyts and reactors. I got that advice in this thread when i started out and it has worked out well for me.

Past that you can just grind the weapons and frames. I would say there is no real need to buy anything at the start. Have you bought any weapon blueprints from the market? The early mastery rank weapons can usually be built pretty handy with minimal resources and a few credits in your ships foundary. Maxing them also contributes to mastery.The platinum will come in very handy down the road so hold onto a bit of it for sure.

If you really want to buy something the other starting frames and Loki are only 75plat from the market and will come equiped with orikin reactors installed doubling your mod capacity.

You also have trade chat,where you can buy prime weapons and frames from other players for platinum. Theses prices are usually more favourable than market prices. A prime weapon or frame will usually give a decent boost to the original. One issue with buying the stuff early will be that you most likely will not have the mods to get the best from them,which is why i would say hold onto the plat for the moment.

As a side note i can help you grab the normal versions of most of the frames,bar the ones behind story quests as you have to do the quest yourself or in a group which i can also help with,so keep that in mind.

Frames that can i can help you with:
    Mag
    Ember
    Valkyr
    Rhino
    Nyx
    Loki
    Frost
    Nova
    Sayrn
    Equinox

Can also help with prime frames but that would most likely be down the road as they can need a decent amount of grind on high level missions.

TL;DR
    Put a reactor in your best frame and a catalyst in your favourite weapon but keep most plat for buying weapon/warframe slots,forma,catalysts and reactors. If you do want to splurge a bit i would say buy another starter frame from the market place or a prime weapon or frame from trade chat and worry about getting the mods to buff them later. Also check the mastery level for a weapon before you buy just incase,the wikia is your best friend in that regard.

Link to the wikia:

warframe.wikia.com

More footage getting captured tonight hopefully if the clan is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well I had some days off and misses was at work, so I had some Warframe time.

Got all parts for nix and archwing made, now both being built too. Don't really need nyx, but I will use it to get some mastery levels.
    Bought good few low level blueprints and building them too. All for mastery purpose.
    Got forma in my ignis just now. Plan on using that a lot as it's brilliant for masses.

Meanwhile will do some missions and try to unlock more missions. Some recourse farming too.

Any newish good guns out there? My love is still acrid, flux and soma, but I need mastery 6 for them.
    And any good frames that easy to farm? Will take a while until i can get some prime ones. Necrosis will take ages and I will need good group for that. Voubon is just pure luck.

Thinking of grabing amber as she is really good for infestation. Volt was my one of the favourites too.
    Any new frames pass oberon? I quoted around that time.

Oh yeah, I am mastery 5 now. Slowly getting to that sweet 6 level.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Sponge25

I've got a lvl 30 rhino. Great game, you can do everything wo real money but spend 20 quid or so every week and you'll be flyin'

I found rhino and valkyr to be very useful early,valkyr especially so for solo runs. Adding a streamline,intensify and flow to her means you wont be too far off being able to pop berserker and be invincible for the whole mission as long as you get those kills quick enough or if lucky run with a trinity. Rhino is so effective early game,really helped me grind. Very useful for bosses. Bit sick of him now though.

The tonkor and hek were two primary weapons ive got loads of use out of and still use them now. The Hek is a shotgun and not everyone is gonna like that but i really enjoyed using it.
    The Sonicor for secondary,gotta love that ragdoll!
    For melee i really like the tipedo,probably not the most effective melee but great fun to use. And Obex fists,another weapon with ragdoll. Dual Zoren for crit chance/damage and attack speed are awesome too. Ive still to get myself the Destreza,probably build that next time im on. Gonna want that for corpus.

I got real lucky with Nekros,4 runs and got all the BP's. Fairly sure i still have a few keys for that mission,can run that when we get on as a squad.

Im workin again tonight then my mothers bday tomorrow but i should be on late tomorrow night for a bit.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    I found rhino and valkyr to be very useful early,valkyr especially so for solo runs. Adding a streamline,intensify and flow to her means you wont be too far off being able to pop berserker and be invincible for the whole mission as long as you get those kills quick enough or if lucky run with a trinity. Rhino is so effective early game,really helped me grind. Very useful for bosses. Bit sick of him now though.

The tonkor and hek were two primary weapons ive got loads of use out of and still use them now. The Hek is a shotgun and not everyone is gonna like that but i really enjoyed using it.
    The Sonicor for secondary,gotta love that ragdoll!
    For melee i really like the tipedo,probably not the most effective melee but great fun to use. And Obex fists,another weapon with ragdoll. Dual Zoren for crit chance/damage and attack speed are awesome too. Ive still to get myself the Destreza,probably build that next time im on. Gonna want that for corpus.

I got real lucky with Nekros,4 runs and got all the BP's. Fairly sure i still have a few keys for that mission,can run that when we get on as a squad.

Im workin again tonight then my mothers bday tomorrow but i should be on late tomorrow night for a bit.

Cheers m8. I am playing tonight and after that 5 days in a row... After work I'll play, but not during the day. I knew as chef being off on valentines was too good to be true. I got called just now, they will need me Sunday all day. Misses is not happy one bit.

got my 1 German ignis to 28 lvl. Will put another forma in to it. Its a damn beast of a weapon.

I will need that clan hehe. Getting serious now lol. I am hooked to Warframe badly again. :)

Earth dark sector defence is sweet right now. Great for leveling weapons and they drop mats I need the most! All 3 of them!

Just a quick tip shadow,if your gonna be wanting the dojo weapons farm up as much mutagen mass,fieldron and detonite injectors from the invasions as you can. The dojo weapons require a decent amount of them depending which lab you get the blueprint from.

New Tac Alert up. REwards a gold potato and sigil. Nef Anyo remake. I was told its hard by the lads on mumble but i'm a little sick and don't really have the patience for WF tonight like I hoped so might try tomorrow. It lasts a few days so I don't need to rush. Also primed reach baro rewards and MARKS apparently which is weird and lol. Either way I have till tomorrow to get em' too. Primed Reach is a definite buy from me. Needed that for a while.

Baro has Prime Point Blank on console and edo chest and knee pieces. Ill grab point blank for sure,probably wont bother with either cosmetic.

There is supposed to be a tac alert on console too i thought,Emergency Exit 2,but no sign of it starting this morning so not sure. Slash set and rift sigil supposed to drop in a repeatable defence mission after doing the first two missions in the alert. Hope it does happen this weekend.

EDIT: Just checked the PS app and got a notification stating alert starts tonight. Sweet:)

I did both of those just now... They are ****ing hard!!! First mission is not too bad, but even then if you got slackers, you are ****ed.
    Second missions... Well, get your **** together for it, that's for sure. 25 waves. Very long mission.
    Got lucky to get a very high level group. Voubon, nova and amber. I was a pure moob in there. Not even mixed out weapons. At least ignis was with one forma and level 28. Amber ****ed off on wave 15.
    I was always short on ammo and my secondaries were just for leveling. I did not realised mission will be that hard. So my job was stomp and revive. Then nuke with ignis when you get those nova black holes suck in all enemies.

So I did those two and what's after? There is some defence mission?

Oh and there are valentines day colour pack for 1 credit! Grab that lads.

You should be able to just repeat that defence mission and theres a chance that you will get a rare mod drop. Theres a set of slash damage mods and a sigil in particular that would be nice to pick up.

Heres the loot drops that are possible after 25 waves:

Alert on Ceres also awards one End of Mission Reward, chosen at random from the following list:
    - 5x Rare Fusion Core
    - 10x Rare Fusion Core
    - 5000 Credits
    - 4000 Credits
    - 3000 Credits
    - Detonite Ampule
    - Mutagen Sample
    - Fieldron Sample
    - Madurai Transmute Core
    - Vazarin Transmute Core
    - Naramon Transmute Core
    - Rift Sigil (Rare)
    - Stunning Speed Mod (Rare)
    - Hammer Shot Mod (Rare)
    - Blaze Mod (Rare)
    - Buzz Kill Mod (Rare)
    - Fanged Fusillade Mod (Rare)
    - Sweeping Serration Mod (Rare)
    - Maim Mod (Rare)

Cant believe the fieldron,mutagen and detonits are only the ones you use for crafting and not actually the full resource,crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Jaysus lads I might get back into this, ye on ps4?

I mostly use Nyx prime and Nova prime whenever I play.

I like playing Survival mostly

Yeah on PS4,one or two on PC in here as well.

Shoot off a friend request if you fancy getting back into it Rossi,my in game name is same as here. Mostly on late at night as im working night shift but catch you on at some point.

Shadow have you got ceres unlocked? You may need a taxi to the alert for more runs if you havent. People in Recruiting chat are usually pretty helpful and should taxi if needed.

Yeah on PS4,one or two on PC in here as well.

Shoot off a friend request if you fancy getting back into it Rossi,my in game name is same as here. Mostly on late at night as im working night shift but catch you on at some point.

Shadow have you got ceres unlocked? You may need a taxi to the alert for more runs if you havent. People in Recruiting chat are usually pretty helpful and should taxi if needed.

I think I got. I might have all off them unlock, but not just all missions. I know I definitely don't have photos yet, but If I remember correct I need to kill some boss to open that up.

I am off to work, but when I am back there will be like 5 weapons built. I got only 13k xp left to rank 6. I won't be building crap just to level up anymore. Well at least for now.

Cool

I did a few runs of the alert and didnt get much,some cores and credits which sucks. On the plus side though Ash blueprints drop like crazy,so if anybody wants him id say do the alert a few times and you should just need the overall blueprint from the market. Im gonna build him,want to try bladestorm before they change it.

• Advertisement

Eoin, last night was great lol. Thanks for mods and clan invite. I enjoyed American accent, though it took me a while to realise they were not taking a piss and that's their actual accent lol. I know, I am going to hell. :D

No worries shadow,honestly it took me awhile to even understand anything they were saying at all!! Ha

There cool though once you get used to them!! Hopefully can get a few more people into the clan and have more europeans in,even just so there should be people on most of the time during more regular hours for us over here. A few other lads on boards have expressed an interest so hopefully they come on some night and we get them in.

Was good to finally get ye on anyway and into the clan,all we need now is to get those daily sorties and raids down and we be good. Just back from doing the valentines thing,bottle of wine now with herself till shes falls asleep and i be on.

And they say romance is dead:) ha

No worries shadow,honestly it took me awhile to even understand anything they were saying at all!! Ha

There cool though once you get used to them!! Hopefully can get a few more people into the clan and have more europeans in,even just so there should be people on most of the time during more regular hours for us over here. A few other lads on boards have expressed an interest so hopefully they come on some night and we get them in.

Was good to finally get ye on anyway and into the clan,all we need now is to get those daily sorties and raids down and we be good. Just back from doing the valentines thing,bottle of wine now with herself till shes falls asleep and i be on.

And they say romance is dead:) ha

Oh God, it's hard to understand some of them all right. It was funny though. They have a very strong red neck accent. Sound gang though. :D

Was great to finally play with you too. Its always so weird when you know someone on boards for ages and then finally hear them.
    For reason like this we definitely need boards.I gaming forum beers night out. :)

I need to sort out better headset for ps4. I am using cowboy job now. A pc headset with splitter. I was pretty sure that g930 works with ps4 too. Need to check that when got time. Or I cam try buying that wireless play station headset. It was going really cheap lately and I got 50eu voucher for gamestop.

Oh, don't even start with valentines day. I was supposed to be off for it and me and misses had tickets for deadpool. I got called in last minute to work. I won't see her till Wensday or Thursday as I am flat out working. On too of that I had 12h shift today, which was non stop session. I only sat down once at 22:00 after being on feet since 11:00. Got back home just half an hour ago.

Anyway, I'll be on in a minute for some frame time.

Lads, I got it working on my Linux installation... somehow! :D It performs pretty well although I have the graphic settings low on most of the post processing stuff. Some textures don't load properly but it's a fair tradeoff for not having to reboot for one game ^_^ So chuffed right now. I can just launch it up to reset some forma build, extractors and check on things like that now without needing windows.

Well, looks like Warframe addiction going strong.
    Won't be on tonight as I am at misses, but I will be on during the day.

Saryn prime is up. I am really considering prone access pack. Don't really care about weapons and frame, but I want that platinum. Just to have it. Would do me for very very long time as I used it mainly for slots, potatoes and forma. Though forma is not even an issue when you do survivals with group.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Well, looks like Warframe addiction going strong.
    Won't be on tonight as I am at misses, but I will be on during the day.

Saryn prime is up. I am really considering prone access pack. Don't really care about weapons and frame, but I want that platinum. Just to have it. Would do me for very very long time as I used it mainly for slots, potatoes and forma. Though forma is not even an issue when you do survivals with group.

Was thinking the same just buy it for the plat but I have a few vaulted sets (Reaper, Dakra, Rhino and Mag P Sets) to try and sell to hopefully cover the cost of stuff I cant be arsed farming.

Got the Saryn helm there today in a T1 Mobile Defense.

Did a few runs this morning for stuff im missing just one part for,bout 10 runs and not one part im looking for! Getting those last pieces can be a pain. Plenty of stuff for baro when he comes back though. I did get mirage quest finished though,which im pretty happy about. 72 hrs and ill be able to try it out. Only two quests left now,limbo theorum and jordas whatever.

On the plus side have the sorties pretty much down,have a few frames and weapons now that i can use in them which helps for variety. Think ive only missed completing one in the last week which was yesterdays as there was no clan on when i was on. I find its not a good time doing them with randoms. Shame,hope thats not the one i was gonna get legendary core in lol:)

Was thinking about prime access myself,i do kinda regret how i bought plat in this game,i was buying it mostly piece meal just for slots and potatoes so feel in the long run it would have been better value to just buy trinity prime access as the plat in the pack is so heavily discounted. But you live and learn,i love the game so i dont mind spending money on it just wish i had been a bit more clever about how i spent it so far. Eventually im sure ill be just using trade for plat,but until then that PA pack is calling me!!

I'm strong enough now to the point I can reliably bring in the plat with syndicate mods and other some other bits and bobs. I'll never have to buy plat unless I wish to get something like Buzz Kill which I predict will be dropping from something soon as the devs said they'll be bringing back rare stuff for players to get a chance at them again. Had a ton of fun doing void missions with clan leader and friends, though. We got the nikana prime hilt right away on first key and I got Sayrn prime BP early on too.

Seriously selling syndicate augments for 10 a pop really does keep the plat coming in. Not that I need it much these days I'm pretty spec'd out as it is so I end up getting cosmetic stuff and gifting tons of clan emblems to low-mid rank clan members, slot-plat to close friends to get em' by. The trade chat was booming with activity tonight so I managed to sell quite a lot of stuff. Prime access brings back a lot of inactive players and makes people buy plat, prime access, sell the new prime stuff. Overall people have more purchasing power and willingness to trade.

Shame you lads can't join me on mumble with the rest of the clan on PC. I'm the only Leprechaun.

• Advertisement

I really have to start using trade chat,ive been looking at wftrades.com trying to get an idea of pricing. Afraid ill end up selling stuff too cheap,hard to know what to charge for what. I have been levelling a heavy calibur to sell,r7 now but im not sure what i should look for for it. Im hoping 100 plus

Advertisement