Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone overstayed a canadian working holiday visa and tried to return as visitor?

Options
  • 04-08-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I unfortunately overstayed my working holiday visa by one month. I know my own fault but I was and still am in love with a Canadian man, we were very much in love but weren't sure and what to do about it, so ended up coming home on my own, but we very much want to work things out and I would like to go back and visit it for a holiday

does anybody know what I can do so that I don't get stopped and refused at the border?

I will have a return ticket and letter from employer to say i'm working full time and it's only a holiday?

I really hope someone can help with some advice
    thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

You should be fine to visit, but it might cause problems should you ever try to get another visa

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

After your visa expired you could have driven to the border, crossed over, and returned (under an EU passport) and stayed in Canada for 6 months as a tourist.

I guess that is of no use to you now, but I'm unsure how you will be treated on your return. These things can often depend on who you get at immigration and their mood at the time! :pac: Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I'm sure you'll get in if you have your return flight, but just be prepared to get a grilling off immigration! I'd maybe have your boyfriend and your employer back home on standby in case immigration decide to give either of them a call to verify your story.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

After your visa expired you could have driven to the border, crossed over, and returned (under an EU passport) and stayed in Canada for 6 months as a tourist.

I guess that is of no use to you now, but I'm unsure how you will be treated on your return. These things can often depend on who you get at immigration and their mood at the time! :pac: Good luck.

You don't even need to do that.
    You can apply online as well.
    It takes a few weeks but you can stay as a visitor until a decision is reached either way

Advertisement