Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General service for self-employed/independent contractors

Options
  • 04-08-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Here is an idea for a service:

An independent company, which employs several accountants to produce tax returns for a number of sole traders in the country. When a self employed person signs up to that company, he/she pays a small fee to process the tax returns. There are several tiers of fees: bottom, middle and premium tier service, so that the customer has a choice. The more people sign up the the service, the cheaper the fees will become.

In Canada, for example, people can come into temporary day labour place, work a certain amount of hours in a job and get benefits calculated based on what they have earned. Why isn't a system like that available in Ireland, especially for self-employed people?

My question is: is the idea of a company that I have mentioned mad or is this feasible at all? The reason why I am asking this is that some people are put off self employment mainly because of lack of social benefits and the need to do their own finances and taxes.

Advertisement