Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

something irritating dogs throat.

• 04-08-2013 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

The teenagers decided to walk our dogs through the corn field today and now one of them has come back coughing. :rolleyes: The kids said he'd eaten a few bits but not much and i'm wondering if he could have something stuck even though there's no sign of anything in his throat. He's drinking and eating ok just maybe a little slower and i gave his icecream in case it was just sore. I phoned the vet and he just said to keep an eye on him and take him in on Tuesday if no better.

Any suggestions on what i can give him in the meantime to ease his coughing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I always give my guy some manuka honey if he has a tickle in his throat - either on a spoon or mixed in with water. If there's an Aldi near you they sell it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

I have some in the cupboard i'll try that now thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Last year, my elderly dog had a cough that was similar to kennel cough - may have been kennel cough - to help him along the vet recommended honey too, and he also told me to try some cough syrup (human) but I cant remember what brand/kind - maybe someone on here knows what one is ok to use for a dog?

Advertisement