Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IADT gym?

Options
  • 04-08-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey, was just wondering if anyone on here could help me. Im starting in IADT this September and was wondering if any local gyms offer IADT students a discount? A few of my friends colleges have something like that so I'm hoping someone knows :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Guybrush Threepwood

If I remember correctly I think Crunch in Dun L does an offer (still very expensive though). You'd probably be better off using Monkstown Gym - it's cheap enough and does pay as you go

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

If you can afford Crunch, go for it. If not, Monkstown. Also depends on where you are living.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

+1 for Monkstown.

Bluepool is a public gym/simming pool, I use the pool all the time. It has plenty of equipment ( dont believe it has Sky!) and friendly staff. Its also cheap and as already mentioned you can pay per visit if you want. Go and have a chat with one of the staff about your options and have a look around.

http://www.dlrleisureservices.ie/monkstown/gym.php

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Crunch costs 450 for students for the year if you pay up front. Otherwise it's 55 euro a month direct debit.

Monkstown is pay as you go although you can get student memberships too.

I think it all depends on when you want to go to the gym as well. I left monkstown cos if you go after 4/5 o clock it's jammers and you can't get a machine. It's a small enough place. Never once had that problem in Crunch.

There are a huge range of classes in Crunch included in the membership too like spinning, zumba, boxfit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tara1992

Thanks for yer help, a new gym Anytime Fitness has opened across the road from IADT, open 24 hours , looks pretty good, it's 30 euro a month which is pretty decent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Just to point out the reduced fees in the Anytime gym are specials for a limited number of the first applicants.

http://www.anytimefitness.ie/gyms/UK-0049/co-dublin-dublin

Advertisement