Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King: Large meal

Options
  • 05-08-2013 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

I'm on form tonight in the Consumer forum, lol..

Earlier I went to Burger King with the OH for a treat and he ordered a Large Double Bacon Cheeseburger meal.
    (I ordered a medium one of these meals).

When the meal was ready, I noticed his fries were the same as mine (regular) and according to the receipt, the only "large" thing about his meal was the drink.

Am I imagining things or did Large not mean that both your fries AND drink were large?

'Cos right now, Large only means increasing the size of your drink and that's it.
    Sorry if this is all mundane, but it's bugging me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would have thought the same as you and generally its large up both unless its like a local chipper who gives you tons of chips anyways.
    I do find however that the large aren't filled very well in the likes of McD or BK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

TheDriver wrote: »
    I would have thought the same as you and generally its large up both unless its like a local chipper who gives you tons of chips anyways.
    I do find however that the large aren't filled very well in the likes of McD or BK

I agree, the large meal usually just ends up being a big drink that is different because they don't fill the fries up enough. A large meal should include large fries though so it looks like they made a mistake.

The most annoying thing is when you get the food to takeaway and you get large meal and your OH gets a medium but the chips get spilled in the bag and he ends up getting loads of your chips. Drives me mad, I don't share food well! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm on form tonight in the Consumer forum, lol..

Earlier I went to Burger King with the OH for a treat and he ordered a Large Double Bacon Cheeseburger meal.
    (I ordered a medium one of these meals).

When the meal was ready, I noticed his fries were the same as mine (regular) and according to the receipt, the only "large" thing about his meal was the drink.

Am I imagining things or did Large not mean that both your fries AND drink were large?

'Cos right now, Large only means increasing the size of your drink and that's it.
    Sorry if this is all mundane, but it's bugging me!

I go to BK now and again. A large meal generally includes a larger drink and a large size chips. Also, a supersize meal gives you bigger again chips. Go to manager to clarify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

nightster1 wrote: »
    I go to BK now and again. A large meal generally includes a larger drink and a large size chips. Also, a supersize meal gives you bigger again chips. Go to manager to clarify

Whereas in McD's, a large meal consists of a large drink accompanied by a large carton of fries, filled to maybe 80% capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thanks for all the replies guys. Yeah, I thought it weird how we both got the same size fries, even though my OH had paid for large.

According to the receipt, the only Large item on his was the drink.
    I didn't say anything at the time (obviously I should have), but I started wondering if perhaps this was normal.

Anyway, I'll know next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Are you sure were not just given two large fries. I have seen this happen before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I noticed this before. Never went back to them again. This sort of cutting back is becoming far too common.

Are you sure were not just given two large fries. I have seen this happen before too.

No definitely not.
    There was no way you could call what we got "large"..it wasn't even really big enough to be classed as Regular, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'd be thankful you were given medium fries instead of large. I don't know what Burger King have done with their fries, but they taste awful these days.

I'd be thankful you were given medium fries instead of large. I don't know what Burger King have done with their fries, but they taste awful these days.

Totally agree with you. They've made them chunkier which isn't what I expect when I go to the likes of BK or McDonald's.

If I want chunky chips, I'll hit the chipper or buy steak-cut.
    Skinny fries are synonymous with going to Burger King/McDonald's and I don't know why they changed a perfectly good recipe!

They've also added salt to the fries now; they never used to. Loaded with salt, they were.

AND also, I just remembered, they said they don't sell milkshakes.
    Didn't they sell them before or am I imagining that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Biggest problem with bk is when you order a large bacon double cheeseburger meal they often give you a large XL bacon double cheeseburger meal. This is where the two burgers are the quarter pounder style instead of the smaller hamburger style... every time it happens I'm like.. oh well... :-)

Tails142 wrote: »
    Biggest problem with bk is when you order a large bacon double cheeseburger meal they often give you a large XL bacon double cheeseburger meal. This is where the two burgers are the quarter pounder style instead of the smaller hamburger style... every time it happens I'm like.. oh well... :-)

Yes I didn't understand what she meant when she asked "Small Bacon Doublecheese or XL?" I didn't know there was an even bigger size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I agree, the large meal usually just ends up being a big drink that is different because they don't fill the fries up enough. A large meal should include large fries though so it looks like they made a mistake.

The most annoying thing is when you get the food to takeaway and you get large meal and your OH gets a medium but the chips get spilled in the bag and he ends up getting loads of your chips. Drives me mad, I don't share food well! :P

OP, You ain't Joey Tribbiani by any chance? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noodles55

I was at burgerking today. There was 3 of us and 2 of us ordered large meals and like yourself all 3 of us got the same size chips. We all taught it was odd too. So maybe its the new thing only to increase the size of the drink.

That's a rip-off then! Going large has always meant increasing the size of the fries and the drink!
    I've sent BK an email, we'll see what they say and I'll report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

A large fries probably has an extra 6 chips. Why anyone buys a 'Large' meal I do not know as it's got to be the biggest rip-off extra in the history of rip-off extras.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

You went to burger king for a treat? Where do you usually eat, focus Ireland in temple bar? :D

becost wrote: »
    You went to burger king for a treat? Where do you usually eat, focus Ireland in temple bar? :D

Oh you're hilarious. Yes, for me it's a treat..I'm not one of those people who eat in BK every day of the week. I eat well so I think I deserve a treat and for me, that's going for a burger.
    Where do you go? Some poncey place in Merrion Square?

Oh you're hilarious. Yes, for me it's a treat..I'm not one of those people who eat in BK every day of the week. I eat well so I think I deserve a treat and for me, that's going for a burger.
    Where do you go? Some poncey place in Merrion Square?

Actually I go to BK a lot but not as a treat. I'd consider it a lazy, unhealthy and cheap option as I always get the king of the day meal for €5. It's much more tasty than McD's.

• Advertisement

becost wrote: »
    Actually I go to BK a lot but not as a treat. I'd consider it a lazy, unhealthy and cheap option as I always get the king of the day meal for €5. It's much more tasty than McD's.

That's your opinion. For me, it's a treat. I don't go there often.

That's your opinion. For me, it's a treat. I don't go there often.

Ok :) They might have accidentally given you two large fries.
    MurdyWurdy wrote: »

The most annoying thing is when you get the food to takeaway and you get large meal and your OH gets a medium but the chips get spilled in the bag and he ends up getting loads of your chips. Drives me mad, I don't share food well!

The most annoying thing is when you specifically ask for a medium meal and they ask you if you would like to go large or super size. I sometimes respond with "super medium" and watch as the look of confusion spreads across their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - stay on topic please. OP, I would have suggested to get in contact with BK head office in Ireland regarding your complaint.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Thanks for all the replies guys. Yeah, I thought it weird how we both got the same size fries, even though my OH had paid for large.

According to the receipt, the only Large item on his was the drink.
    I didn't say anything at the time (obviously I should have), but I started wondering if perhaps this was normal.

Anyway, I'll know next time!
    the packet for medium and large is the same in Ireland and abroad anywhere I'v had them for the past 10+years.
    They just fill more into the large, or at least are supposed to.

Mc Donalds at least have different cartons for medium and large so the difference is more obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Yes was in Burger King this evening and the "large" fries are nothing of the sort.

However, if you are unhappy about this, according to the paper tray liner, you can leave your opinion on a websurvey here - https://www.bk-feedback-eire.com or you can also leave feedback here - http://www.whopper.ie/feedback.html

Just an update

I left my feedback on the Whopper site and received a phone call today from the manager of my local Burger King.

He said he checked the CCTV of the time I ordered the meal and he said there had been a mistake made" and that my partner had been given the wrong size fries.

He very kindly offered to give us a free meal next time we're in, so all's well that ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Internet justice! What a result!

They checked CCTV to see the size of the chips? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Arciphel wrote: »
    Internet justice! What a result!

They checked CCTV to see the size of the chips? :eek:

Cheaper and easier to just say they did and then offer a free meal. Good to see they at least read and respond to customer queries.

Advertisement