Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

picnic area in westmeath

Options
  • 05-08-2013 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I want to hold a birthday party outdoors and was thinking of going somewhere that had picnic tables and play area and wasn't near water. Does anyone have any suggestions. Preferably free of charge so not Belvedere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Moved from Gifts and Festivities, you should get more local knowledge here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Moved from Gifts and Festivities, you should get more local knowledge here

Top of the high road at ballykeeran. Not near water but has a great view of the lake and full of picnic tables

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mandimoo

Top of the high road at ballykeeran. Not near water but has a great view of the lake and full of picnic tables

Great, and is there a play area there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Coosan Point?
    Has picnic tables, playground, ducks to feed (though not white bread - lets mind our duck friends :D), water (to drown bold kids) and a pub to help the daddys get through the day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mandimoo wrote: »
    Great, and is there a play area there

There is in Coosan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

+1 for Coosan Point. Perfect for what you want, except it is near water!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mandimoo

tubos wrote: »
    +1 for Coosan Point. Perfect for what you want, except it is near water!!!

Coosan is lovely but when I'm going to be left responsible for other people's kids I don't think I'd be able for the stress of the possibility of one of them wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

I'm pretty sure the playground at Coosan Point is completely walled off.

You'd be a lot safer there than at the lookout at Ballykeeran which is basically a big layby off a main road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Awakening2014

The hill of Uisneach is a lovely place to have a picnic.,

Advertisement