Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False Advertising in a pub.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

nellie1980 wrote: »
    Couldnt agree more Billy's obviously registered under a new name to praise themselves lol, I think this shows this establishment is fairly vague with the truth and therefore i would be in favour of the customer in this instance as the response from the pub has been terrible

There's nothing to suggest this is what has happened. It was probably a friend or regular customer, which there's nothing wrong with.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nellie1980

There's nothing to suggest this is what has happened. It was probably a friend or regular customer, which there's nothing wrong with.
    Your probably right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maryhm

God, didn't expect people to be upset that I recently joined and offered my support to Billy's! I have known the family for years, and my post was an honest opinion on the pub. I frequently look through the KK City & County section on Boards as I live in Kilkenny, and had not joined before as I hadn't wanted to respond to any posts before this one, I just felt it was unfair to the pub & couldn't post a response without joining!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

OP fails to get a free drink in an out of date promotion....big deal. Hardly the crime of the century. So what if the pub forgot to take down an out of date advertisement. I'm only a blow-in to Kilkenny but the few times I've been in Billy Byrnes I've found it a great place for a drink and staff always seem lovely to me. I wouldn't be staying away from it now just cos someone didn't get a free drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

and they were maybe offered a free drink to post their positive comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

It amazes me that any business would have 8-month out of date advertising on display. Maybe the regulars are used to it, but It leaves a very poor impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

It amazes me that any business would have 8-month out of date advertising on display. Maybe the regulars are used to it, but It leaves a very poor impression.

lol. if it was a week out you would understand. but a xmas promo and put back up again after the op was refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

gowley wrote: »
    lol. if it was a week out you would understand. but a xmas promo and put back up again after the op was refused.

Can anybody see a reason for doing that? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

gowley wrote: »
    and they were maybe offered a free drink to post their positive comment.

Maybe but my experienced mod nose senses not.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

• Advertisement
Advertisement