Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should i repeat or not

• 05-08-2013 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Final year arts. Have a few to repeat. Dont know should i do them or not. Would i be better off repeating 3rd year and getting a good mark? Looking for a bit of advice please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Are you repeating because of illness? If not you may have your marks capped at 40 anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

shezer wrote: »
    Are you repeating because of illness? If not you may have your marks capped at 40 anyway?

Can you not repeat a year and get proper marks for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

You would have to check that with the exams office but as far as I know you can't get better marks unless you are granted a capitation of marks waiver which is only given for a number of circumstances. You could be capped at 40 no matter what you get in the repeat year. If you can do the repeats this month I would say go for it as it will reduce the amount you will have to pay for a repeat year(subject to how many modules you pass that is!)

Advertisement