Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pug breeders

• 05-08-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,771 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has a number of a decent pug breeder ?

Had one who died last year , but our Samoyed died last week , I would not have got another dog while she was alive. For my parents at home so a pug would be perfect for them as they need minimum exercise etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If you want minimum exercise would you consider other breeds as well? I'm thinking ex racing dog for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Jaykers, I wouldn't consider pugs a low energy dog at all. My friend has one and he is a total nutjob. He also sheds like nothing I've ever witnessed before, he snores, he's obsessed by food and he is more vocal than any other dog I know (whines, barks, yowls and weird little snorty grumbles). I like him, he's a funny little guy, but I wouldn't like to own one any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Jaykers, I wouldn't consider pugs a low energy dog at all. My friend has one and he is a total nutjob. He also sheds like nothing I've ever witnessed before, he snores, he's obsessed by food and he is more vocal than any other dog I know (whines, barks, yowls and weird little snorty grumbles). I like him, he's a funny little guy, but I wouldn't like to own one any more.

Agree, my friend has always had them, she used to bring one into the office with her years ago and he was a mental case, smelled bad (not from lack of care or good diet tho) and hair everywhere and she's always posting videos on her FB page of her current one snoring it's little snout off so loudly, worse than my 2 medium/large dogs put together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Agree, my friend has always had them, she used to bring one into the office with her years ago and he was a mental case, smelled bad (not from lack of care or good diet tho) and hair everywhere and she's always posting videos on her FB page of her current one snoring it's little snout off so loudly, worse than my 2 medium/large dogs put together!

I know, cute dogs, but no, just no. The hair, my god. I've a GSD and he moults a bit, but the pug...dear lord, how there is a hair left on his body is a mystery to me, and the noise. To be fair, he's a bonny little character though, just nuts (and did I mention the hair?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Have you contacted the breed club OP?

They should be able to help you with your query.

• Advertisement
Advertisement