Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Care package for Kiwis!

Options
  • 05-08-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I lived with a couple in NZ for six months and we became really great pals. He's a Dub, she's a Kiwi. Our time together was cut short by an unexpected change in my circumstances (they still have all my clothes and things in their garage!) so I just want to assemble a few bits and send them on in the post without notice.

They took me in when they only knew me as his dad's workmate and we just hit it off. They're older than me- he's 40 this year and she's 35 but they don't act their age! Since I returned, they had their first child- a little boy who will be a year old in September. They live for their border collies, she's a vegetarian yogi that works in insurance. He's a biker that runs a college and is into everything from music to water sports and they both are major foodies. They lived together in the UK for several years before moving on to NZ. Just really cool easygoing people who I'm grateful to for being so good to me when I was so far from home alone.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

They both sound great ! If they are foodies, why don't you order a really nice food / gourmet hamper (online from a New Zealand company - no international shipping charges then) and have it delivered with a personalised note from you?

Plenty of places online, with minimum effort from you and maximum delight for them ;) Quick google throws up:
    http://www.nzhampers.co.nz
    www.blissgiftbaskets.co.nz
    www.mygoodness.co.nz

... and many many more. ;)
    You can search by occasion, contents and price. You should have a good idea what they are into after living with them, maybe include a specific beer or wine with a note "do you remember the night when we started on this..." etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I like the hamper idea, maybe you could add a boxset of an Irish TV series too? Fr Ted, Mrs Brown, Love/Hate, etc could all be entertaining and a bit of a change (if they're into TV!)

Advertisement