Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairstyle for me - 26yr old

• 05-08-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

This got f*d out of the ladies lounge so lets hear your opinions please!

I am posting this here as I want a female opinion of "next steps".

I'm a 26 year old guy, semi athletic, 5'11" and thankfully I have a full head of thick black hair - which I'm so grateful for.

A recent break up, upcoming wedding and pending holiday to America means I want a new hair style BUT I don't want anything too metro, too loud, and I am not even considering changing the colour if it. So what are my options for a look?

Points to note:

-up to now I got a blade 3 back and sides and scissors on top.
    - I wear it with gel and a kind of messy/spiked look.
    -it's been a month since a haircut and it won't stay spiked/messy much longer.
    -when I get it cut, it's like a Tom Cruise Top Gun look.
    Finally:
    -there are a number of salons/barbers/Peter Marks etc etc in my area and I've no problem going to any once I know what I'm looking for.

Ok. Hit me.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Moved from the gents club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It's difficult to judge without seeing a picture. I like the modern twists on the "short back and side" haircuts for men. I love the style that David Beckham is sporting in the new ad for Sky Sports

article-2362931-1ACF1C4E000005DC-338_634x406.jpg

It's a classic style but has a modern twist. The top part is quite long there, so you'd probably need to grow it out for a bit first.

This is the same style just with shorter hair on top:

David-Beckham-Hair-2013.jpg

The best thing to do is get some advice off a stylist. If you're changing your hairstyle it's worth paying for a stylist when you get it done. After that you can just go to the barber as you need it, to get it tidied up.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭1867IE

Here we go, identical to this at the moment, but it's longer than average. I have a good mind to go to Peter Marks with an open mind and talk it out with them.

The Beckham look is nice, a small bit long on top but soemthing I could live with all the same I think.

Advertisement