Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RaboPro12 13/14 season thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If Ulster get 5 points they'll be safe no matter what as they've won more games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Treviso have remained fairly decent at home so Glasgow may struggle to take five points there.

I think leinster will send a very strong team up to ulster so I think Leinster should be good for first place .

Leinster vs ulster/ ospreys ( can't decide)
    Glasgow vs Munster

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

CatFromHue wrote: »
    If Ulster get 5 points they'll be safe no matter what as they've won more games.

Yea that's what I meant.

Getting 5 will be difficult. I can't see us getting a TBP against Leinster, will just have to aim for at least a LBP in Thomond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Semi-Finals:

Leinster v Ulster
    Glasgow v Munster

Final:

Leinster v Glasgow

Champion: Leinster

You heard it here first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Semi-Finals:

Leinster v Ulster
    Glasgow v Munster

Final:

Leinster v Glasgow

You heard it here first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

You heard it here first and second! :pac:

I'd prefer a trip to Dublin over a trip to Glasgow tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

awec wrote: »
    I'd prefer a trip to Dublin over a trip to Glasgow tbh.

That's cause your cheap!!!

That's cause your cheap!!!

:pac:

I'd fancy us to beat Leinster more than we'd beat Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

awec wrote: »

I'd fancy us to beat Leinster more than we'd beat Glasgow.

Agreed, and vice versa for Leinster, Glasgow are undoubtedly the form team in the league at the moment. They don't have great experience/pedigree in finals though so that counts for something, but I'd very much appreciate someone else knocking them out in the semis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Semi-Finals:

Leinster v Ulster
    Glasgow v Munster

Final:

Leinster v Glasgow

You heard it here first.

Hard to see anything other than this - hope we're right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Tox56 wrote: »
    Agreed, and vice versa for Leinster, Glasgow are undoubtedly the form team in the league at the moment. They don't have great experience/pedigree in finals though so that counts for something, but I'd very much appreciate someone else knocking them out in the semis

I'm still of the point of view that I wouldn't mind Glasgow winning the thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

I'm still of the point of view that I wouldn't mind Glasgow winning the thing though.

If Munster dont make the final, and Glasgow do Ill be behind them even against an Irish side, they deserve something, really come on in the last few years.

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    If Munster dont make the final, and Glasgow do Ill be behind them even against an Irish side, they deserve something, really come on in the last few years.

You're right, they do deserve something, but not at our expense! And I want another day out in the RDS like the Rabo final last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

True, had forgotten that. Also no guarantee that Ospreys will beat Treviso and Connacht, let alone get 2 tbps against them. Think Ulster def have the harder run-in though so could get hairy for them if they don't win either game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Anyone betting against Munster for a final berth will lose a few quid methinks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Anyone betting against Munster for a final berth will lose a few quid methinks!

Possibly, but they haven't managed to win away to Leinster in a very, very long time and Glasgow are very much the form team in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'd agree, I don't think Munster are nailed on for a final berth at all.

Leinster may well lose in Ravenhill (but can afford to) and Glasgow have a very jammy run-in against the two Italians, so either way Munster have to go away in a semi, against either of the two teams that have beaten them most recently.

As much as Id love the final to be Leinster against A.N. Province in Lansdowne, I really think it will Leinster V Glasgow in the RDS

Larbre34 wrote: »

Leinster may well lose in Ravenhill (but can afford to) and Glasgow have a very jammy run-in against the two Italians, so either way Munster have to go away in a semi, against either of the two teams that have beaten them most recently.

I guess they can but would need to lose by 7 or less and beat Edinburgh with a tbp. Glasgow could very well end up on 79 but if both teams finish on 79, Glasgow would come first cos they'd have won more games.. Think both teams will be very up for the occasion with this being their only chance of silverware and after the week break so wouldn't expect Leinster to not turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I'd agree, I don't think Munster are nailed on for a final berth at all.

given recent performances I don't think any of them are nailed-on for a final berth

its actually the most open in a while imo

• Advertisement

Is it after the regular season that semi-final exact dates and kos are released? Thought other years they released them beforehand..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yeah I think it is.

The SF are played the week after the last regular season game so the turnaround is usually very quick.

All the games on the last day of the regular season kick off at the same time too, 6.30 on the Saturday.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Is it after the regular season that semi-final exact dates and kos are released? Thought other years they released them beforehand..

I think it's only after they know the line up. Maybe TV has something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

vienne86 wrote: »
    I think it's only after they know the line up. Maybe TV has something to do with it.

Yeah it would have to. Until they know where the SFs are going to be hold they can't arrange anything with the broadcasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

as mentioned before, over previous seasons it has been the Friday and Saturday evenings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Btw that "SOB is almost fit story" popped up in the IT today, no mention of a potential Rabo Final, but they seem to suggest he'll go to Argentina.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/se%C3%A1n-o-brien-may-be-fit-for-series-with-argentina-1.1776754

Ospreys play Zebre this evening away. If they get the tbp, Ulster know that they need to beat Leinster or Munster and get a lbp in their other game. If Ospreys win without the tbp, a win for Ulster will guarantee they make play-offs.

Hoping for the Italians to play out of their skins vs Ospreys and Glasgow, would help Munster/Ulster get a home semi but think that ship has sailed at this stage..

Just on next season's sponsorship, has there been any updates on it? Haven't really been following. Guess even if it's sorted they'd probably wait til after the season to officially launch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Eod100 wrote: »
    Just on next season's sponsorship, has there been any updates on it? Haven't really been following. Guess even if it's sorted they'd probably wait til after the season to officially launch it.

Did I read something about Turkish Airways? Can't remember where I saw that, and it would be an odd choice so maybe I've got it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

All anecdotal but apparently there's been a fair bit of interest, I don't think it's a concern.

Don't think Turkish would be especially odd, they fly routes in and out of Ireland, the UK and Italy. They're advertising heavily at the moment too, see those ads with Kobe and Messi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I've heard it's all been lined up but it makes sense that they wouldn't want to cut across the toes of the current sponsor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

The Turkish Airlines' Celtic League (with Italian Teams).

I suggested it last year....

The John Hayes Ligind League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I suggested it last year....

The John Hayes Ligind League

John Hayes is too humble for any of that craic.

John Hayes is too humble for any of that craic.

I'm not! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Did I read something about Turkish Airways? Can't remember where I saw that, and it would be an odd choice so maybe I've got it wrong.

No that was for the ERCC (the Champions one not the Challenge one!). The rumour was a big drinks company was taking it on, possibly Guinness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Strong Glasgow team going to Treviso. Hogg makes his first start for Glasgow since before the 6N.

15. Stuart Hogg
    14. Tommy Seymour
    13. Mark Bennett
    12. Peter Horne
    11. Niko Matawalu
    10. Finn Russell
    9. Henry Pyrgos

1. Gordon Reid
    2. Pat MacArthur
    3. Geoff Cross
    4. Tim Swinson
    5. Jonny Gray
    6. Rob Harley
    7. Tyrone Holmes
    8. Josh Strauss (Captain)

Substitutes

16. Fraser Brown
    17. Ryan Grant
    18. Jon Welsh
    19. Leone Nakarawa
    20. Chris Fusaro
    21. Chris Cusiter
    22. Ruaridh Jackson
    23. Sean Maitland

An upset here (even Treviso denying Glasgow the BP) would be great.

I have to say I hope both Glasgow and Ospreys make the play offs. It's good for the league.

I have to say I hope both Glasgow and Ospreys make the play offs. It's good for the league.

Glasgow will probably get a home semi. Ospreys could nab 4th spot depending on how Ulster do.

Zebre get the 1st try, 10-3 up atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

10-6 now, nice to have the rugby weekend start a day early.

• Advertisement

GO ON ZEBRE!

13-6 now. Dunno would it have happened anyway, but new qualifying system could make end of season games like these much more competitive.

The Ospreys look terrible. Every time they get in the opposition 22 they're a disaster.

16-6. Half-time.

Lovely try by Tipuric. Baker made a huge run from the half way line and offloaded a few metres out for an easy run in.

Ospreys nearly in again but for a good block by Ratuvou. Could be a BP win yet.

16-13 down, very kickable penalty and they go for the corner. No question here, they want the bonus point.

Try number 2 and it's 20-16 to the Ospreys.

Bah!

They look very threatening in attack, breaking the line at will. Awful set piece (Baldwin is in shocking form) but I really expect the BP from here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement