Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RaboPro12 13/14 season thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'd say they'll get the tbp at this stage. David Ryan on for Zebre, joining Ulster next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Try number 3 AWJ 27-16 14 minutes remaining.

@RuaidhriOC on twitter a while ago: ''things were looking up for Ulster + Munster there for a while, but the Ospreys have fougfht back and lead v Zebre - two tries from a bonus.''

Thought this result is irrelevant to Munster?

27-23 Ospreys pushing really hard. Going for the corner 4 minutes left. Zebre with a yellow card.

Try Zebre! They win!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

YES! GO ON ZEBRE!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ah brilliant finish by Zebre - well deserved. Fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

First time ever a Welsh side will not be in the playoffs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Absolutely atrocious from the Ospreys. That's their season over now, they can't catch Ulster.

That lineout they over threw on the Zebre 5m line with a few mins to go and then their winger being tackled far too easily into touch with 2 mins to. Moronic play!

• Advertisement

Huge for Ulster. Max Ospreys can get is 66 now. With 2 more games won all Ulster need is a 1 point in the last 2. Pretty much wrapped up there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Buer wrote: »
    First time ever a Welsh side will not be in the playoffs.

Any point will see ulster in the semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

durkadurka wrote: »
    Any point will see ulster in the semis.

And that's only necessary if the Ospreys score a BP win at home to Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Massive result. No sympathy for RRW at all.

Only tuned in for the last minute and saw the try. What was Fitzgibbon like? Suggestions from the Welsh he was very poor.

It says something about incumbency and points in the bag vs assumed points doesn't it.

Treviso at home to Glasgow tomorrow takes on a slightly different complexion now.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    Only tuned in for the last minute and saw the try. What was Fitzgibbon like? Suggestions from the Welsh he was very poor.

He wasn't great but that's a bit harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

How much of a guarantee have the Welsh sides given to remain in the Celtic league beyond next season does anyone know?

Buer wrote: »
    And that's only necessary if the Ospreys score a BP win at home to Connacht.

True, if they bag a lbp tomorrow (surely they'd get at least that, tho PP can't call it) they'll be through. Kinda assumed Ospreys would win tonight so never know what result of Connacht match will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

How much of a guarantee have the Welsh sides given to remain in the Celtic league beyond next season does anyone know?

They haven't signed their participation agreement, but there is no chance that they won't remain in the competition. They haven't suggested as such either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

They haven't signed their participation agreement, but there is no chance that they won't remain in the competition. They haven't suggested as such either.

If it's financially beneficial to them to leave, I wouldn't totally discount it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

If it's financially beneficial to them to leave, I wouldn't totally discount it.

and go where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Any chance of an Anglo-Welsh competition died when the European competition was agreed. They have no option but to stay with the Pro12.

It's not financially better as they have nowhere else to go. But from recollection haven't the WRU committed to the Pro12 for the next 2-3 years anyway? Wasn't that one of the weird elements to the row, that the WRU had committed to the league beyond the Participation Agreement.

You can completey rule it out, it's not going to happen. Not by choice at least.
    molloyjh wrote: »
    It's not financially better as they have nowhere else to go. But from recollection haven't the WRU committed to the Pro12 for the next 2-3 years anyway? Wasn't that one of the weird elements to the row, that the WRU had committed to the league beyond the Participation Agreement.

It's because of the notice period. I'm not sure how ironclad the notice period is really, but that is why the WRU are committed beyond the end of the participation agreement. Which is quite odd really.

EuUXdBQ.png

Almost like a pseudo-relegation battle!

Interesting times.

Zebre away to Glasgow on the last day, so Treviso basically need one point from either Glasgow at home tomorrow or Dragons away next week.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Zebre away to Glasgow on the last day, so Treviso basically need one point from either Glasgow at home tomorrow or Dragons away next week.

It forces Treviso to really target this weeks game though against Glasgow which could have a real bearing on the top 4.

Glasgow should have too much class in attack, I can see them putting up a lot of points. The only thing they need is to tighten up the defense, they sleepwalked through the Edinburgh game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Holy christ :eek: just saw the result there. Well done to Zebre. Fully deserved seemingly from the report on the Rabo's website. Ospreys pretty much finished now.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Glasgow should have too much class in attack, I can see them putting up a lot of points. The only thing they need is to tighten up the defense, they sleepwalked through the Edinburgh game.

Treviso are pretty decent at home, I wouldn't fancy Glasgoe to have it all their own way there .

Their home losses have been pretty close defeats to leinster Scarlets, ospreys and Ulster.

I think they've a decent chance of at least holding Glasgow back to at least a non-bp win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_rXUbxCVWg&list=PLclPnIJd8nRvRxbUbqanCSFQ-B2ZzPnqH

Attendance looks good, and the coach after the final whistle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Edinburgh fans are giving out their new award after the game against Munster on Saturdsy, it's for a player that show the determination that Allan "Chunk" Jacobsen displayed on the pitch, the award is a mould of the Chunks left ear. I'm not making this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Holy smoly, did Zebre take down Ospreys?! Can only be good news from an Irish perspective.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Edinburgh fans are giving out their new award after the game against Munster on Saturdsy, it's for a player that show the determination that Allan "Chunk" Jacobsen displayed on the pitch, the award is a mould of the Chunks left ear. I'm not making this up.

Had to look it up. Straight away thought of those candles made from Fr Jack's earwax for some reason when I read it.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Holy smoly, did Zebre take down Ospreys?! Can only be good news from an Irish perspective.

I'm delighted for Zebre - I think the play some nice rugby. I would say that Ospreys thought they were home and hosed, but were really stupid not to get the fourth try. I only saw the second half, and Zebre were thrilled to bits with this win. The fact that this result suits the Irish provinces is a bonus.

errlloyd wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_rXUbxCVWg&list=PLclPnIJd8nRvRxbUbqanCSFQ-B2ZzPnqH

Attendance looks good, and the coach after the final whistle!

Attendance looks very good alright! For Zebre's 2nd and last try, they were just walking through the Osprey lads. Shocking defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

They may be down at the bottom of the league but Zebre have been a real success story this season given where they have come from. It's a shame Treviso have gone the other way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Aye the Premiership is off the table now, they are stuck with us. Sure there were plenty of Welsh fans on other MBs lamenting the European deal because of this.

• Advertisement

Glasgow are 31-9 ahead at Treviso with most of the second half remaining. Three tries scored.

That third try, what a cracking finish by the prop forward. And he was very pleased about it too.

So Leinster and Glasgow for home semis i guess

So Leinster and Glasgow for home semis i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 46 WeegWarriors

Bonus point try for us, great effort by Seymour

That try came from absolutely nothing, just like his first. Glasgow looking even better than they have in recent weeks.

• Advertisement

Glasgow BP

So Zebre are ahead of Treviso but on the same league points. They go to Glasgow next week while Treviso go to Dragons.

Treviso should get 1 at the Dragons, they're in awful form. They might even get the win. Not a game anyone would watch otherwise but could have big implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 WeegWarriors

We just need to beat Zebre to get a home semi, don't need a bonus point.

Can't see anything but a win at home to Zebre

It's really hard to see anything other than the semi finals as they currently stand.

I suppose if Munster lose to embra then their home game to ulster will be a contest but every other result looks like a foregone conclusion

Handy home wins for Leinster and Glasgae vs embra and Zebre gives them home semis.
    Any win for Munster tomorrow and they're third. Ulster almost certainly coming to the RDS in a fortnight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement