Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RaboPro12 13/14 season thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Desperately looking for two stand tickets for tonights game in the RDS...

Pretty please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Shane732 wrote: »
    Desperately looking for two stand tickets for tonights game in the RDS...

Pretty please!

Take a look here maybe? You can pay and then print off the tickets.

https://teamexchange.ticketmastereurope.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=leinsterrugby

https://teamexchange.ticketmastereurope.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=leinsterrugby

Brilliant! Thank you!

Cheers, got sorted.

Where is best for parking around the RDS for Rabo games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Parking in the RDS Simmonscourt beside the stadium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Exams are on in the RDS all day today, so there will be an additional 2,500 students parking / around the place, so expect heavy traffic delays and extremely limited parking.

If you can't get parking immediately around the stadium, I would suggest parking in Sandymount. Residential streets closer to the dart station and the village. You'll be left with a 5 / 10 minute walk to the ground.

Alternatively there may be parking around Herbert Park or on residential streets off Donnybrook village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I remember I was doing an exam in the RDS on the day Leinster played a match. It was a 2 hour exam, which started 1 hour before kickoff. I got it done in 1 hour and got across in time for kickoff. Probably the most impressive thing I ever managed in university, as you can imagine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

I remember I was doing an exam in the RDS on the day Leinster played a match. It was a 2 hour exam, which started 1 hour before kickoff. I got it done in 1 hour and got across in time for kickoff. Probably the most impressive thing I ever managed in university, as you can imagine...

it explains so much :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Glasgow up 14-0 already. Looks like it's down to the Treviso game and they lead 5-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Try BP for Glasgow already. Time to break out the cotton wool in Limerick.

• Advertisement

31-0 already. Trying to beat Northampton's 74 from earlier.

Treviso 8-3 up and Dragons have a yellow card.

11-10 to Treviso now.

Nervous times for Zebre and Treviso fans, Dragons lead 17-11.

Just as I post that a Treviso try. 17-16 so a converted Dragons try knocks them out of the European Cup.

Treviso will play European Cup next year. Final score 20-19 to the Dragons.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Treviso will play European Cup next year. Final score 20-19 to the Dragons.

A bit of a shame for Zebre. So close in the end.

Fair play to Treviso for pulling it off in the end I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

A bit of a shame for Zebre. So close in the end.

Fair play to Treviso for pulling it off in the end I suppose.

It's hard luck on Zebre - they have come on so much, but with so many leaving Treviso, I would say Zebre will be the better of the two next season.

Anyone see this? A bit strange from Matawalu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

LOL, wtf? Bad form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone see this? A bit strange from Matawalu.

I don't understand the behavior of either them. I'm a huge hogg fan but he can be a bit petulant, at the same time it was just unnecessary from Matalawu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

I'm not sure Matawalu saw Hogg, seemed to have eyes fixed on the ball when Hogg was gesturing for him to leave it, I dont blame him, if he leaves the ball and Hogg doesnt reach it he'd look silly.

Try scoring bonus must be pretty tasty in those Glasgow contracts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,380 ✭✭✭✭phog

Rabo Awards tonight in Edinburgh, here's some of the Irish winners - from memory after reading them on twitter.

Connacht & Ulster jointly win the Fair Play award.

Connacht won a Collision King Award

JJ won Golden Boot award

Rob Penney won coach of the year award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,380 ✭✭✭✭phog

BOD and Leo shared a chairman's award

Dan Bigger won players player of the tournament.

I feel townsend has been shafted out of a manager award there. He's done pretty well to glue that Glasgow side together in the league. I guess he does get punished for their awful cup form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Agree with you there. Hands down Glasgow have played the best rugby this year. (in the Pro12)

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Agree with you there. Hands down Glasgow have played the best rugby this year. (in the Pro12)

Glasgow really deserve to win the Rabo the way they are playing. I hope it is not at Leinster's expense, but if it is, it can only be good for Scottish rugby, which badly needs a boost like this.

Yeah if we had to lose to anybody I'd be ok with it being Glasgow.

... but I still hope we get to meet them in the final and hockey them. :D

phog wrote: »
    Rob Penney won coach of the year award

How MOC didn't bag this I'll never know....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Can't see how the Glasgow coach didn't win coach of the year.

• Advertisement

In fairness I think Munster are massively improved from last year, in terms of tactics and how they've gotten their act together. Some shakey performances but all over they've looked very confident, which without ROG is pretty impressive, there was a lot of question marks over Keatley, and now they've two very good outhalves fighting for position. They're far from the finished article which is why I reckon they'll struggle in Glasgow but they're far better then last year. Much improved.

Glasgow however you could argue are worse. They've picked up a great bit of form since Christmas but before then were looking shakey and many didn't predict they'd end up in the play offs. They had a very easy run in it has to be said.

.ak wrote: »
    In fairness I think Munster are massively improved from last year, in terms of tactics and how they've gotten their act together. Some shakey performances but all over they've looked very confident, which without ROG is pretty impressive, there was a lot of question marks over Keatley, and now they've two very good outhalves fighting for position. They're far from the finished article which is why I reckon they'll struggle in Glasgow but they're far better then last year. Much improved.

Glasgow however you could argue are worse. They've picked up a great bit of form since Christmas but before then were looking shakey and many didn't predict they'd end up in the play offs. They had a very easy run in it has to be said.

What's easy about winning 22-5 away to Munster and 27-9 home to Ulster?

What's easy about winning 22-5 away to Munster and 27-9 home to Ulster?

That's fair enough, I was thinking more about the immediate run in - edinburgh, treviso, zebre. A good chance to rack up 15 points on the final stretch.

One of the reasons I feel townsend deserves it is also because when he was appointed, I was one of the many saying it was just a job for the legend. No coaching experience at all, but he's been class.

errlloyd wrote: »
    One of the reasons I feel townsend deserves it is also because when he was appointed, I was one of the many saying it was just a job for the legend. No coaching experience at all, but he's been class.

Oh, I'd forgotten about all of this - just what I said too, at the time. He has done a great job, he really has. Definitely worth 'coach of the year' award, but to be fair, Penny has had a good year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Paddy Power have Leinster to win by 5 points. I don't agree with that to be honest. If Ulster can avoid some unforeseeable bad luck, they will clinch it.

Also Glasgow by 1 which is essentially meaningless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Glasgow to win the final at 7/2 is the best value to be had now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Just looking at the TV schedules for the weekend.
    As of now BBC Alba and S4C are showing Glasgow V Munster and RTE and S4C are showing Leinster V Ulster. Nothing scheduled for TG4 or BBC NI.
    So at the moment Munster aren't been shown in Ireland and Ulster aren't being shown in NI, which is quite frankly ridiculous. The sooner Sky come on board the better.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I imagine BBC NI will show Ulster.

One thing Ulster fans can have no complaints about is coverage - Sky will make things worse for us TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/rabodirect-pro12/aviva-and-ibrox-in-mix-to-host-pro12-grand-final-30265147.html

Is he just waffling, thought Aviva was a no go?

He is saying if both Leinster Munster get to final, its a possibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Is he just waffling, thought Aviva was a no go?

why a no go?

RTE and S4C are showing Leinster V Munster.

on the existing schedule TG4 claim to be showing the Saturday evening fixture also

I imagine this is an error...I would doubt both RTE and TG4 would show the same game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Riskymove wrote: »
    why a no go?

Why not?

I have not heard anything from the club saying we would be moving to Aviva. Could it be organised, would two weeks be enough?

I expected the games to be played at home venue if its capacity is sufficient.

Would be a great money spinner but doubt it will happen in such a short period of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

As of now BBC Alba and S4C are showing Glasgow V Munster and RTE and S4C are showing Leinster V Munster Ulster. Nothing scheduled for TG4 or BBC NI.
    So at the moment Munster aren't been shown in Ireland and Ulster aren't being shown in NI, which is quite frankly ridiculous. The sooner Sky come on board the better.

FYP there, I was very confused.

Maybe they just haven't updated their schedules? I'd be very surprised if both matches aren't live on Irish TV and if BBC NI don't have the Ulster game.

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Why not?

:confused: you are the one who said you thought it was a no go?

why wouldn't it be possible unless there is an existing fixture?

wherever the final is will only have two weeks to arrange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

As of now BBC Alba and S4C are showing Glasgow V Munster and RTE and S4C are showing Leinster V Munster. Nothing scheduled for TG4 or BBC NI.

Both matches will be available in Ireland. Free to air (this season)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Riskymove wrote: »
    :confused: you are the one who said you thought it was a no go?

why wouldn't it be possible unless there is an existing fixture?

wherever the final is will only have two weeks to arrange

Well yeah, but selling out a 50,000 seater stadium is a world away from selling out 16,000-18,000 seats at the RDS. If Leinster are nominating the stadium, they want the best chance of winning, a full RDS is way better than a half empty Aviva

Tox56 wrote: »
    Well yeah, but selling out a 50,000 seater stadium is a world away from selling out 16,000-18,000 seats at the RDS. If Leinster are nominating the stadium, they want the best chance of winning, a full RDS is way better than a half empty Aviva

I didn't say anything arguing against this

I simply think it's possible if they want to

Leinster vs Munster in a final
    BOD and Leo's last game
    Penney's last game
    Good Saturday evening time

I think they'd get a sizeable crowd no probs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Tox56 wrote: »

Can you imagine it in a one-twentieth-full Ibrox? Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Don't the teams have to nominate their preferred venue this week? I doubt Leinster would want to risk 20,000 against Glasgow in Lansdowne. Remember also that the game is run by the league and the finalists get none of the gate, so it would be of no financial benefit to Leinster to move.

Advertisement