Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Timey wimey.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I can't remember the last time I saw Laurel actually smile :pac: It suits her though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I cant believe she had clothes on in the picture she handed him.

I'm sure there is a fairly easy "selfie" joke that could be made regarding that picture...... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was hoping Cisco would say something like "Oh, I wanted the other Canary."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mr E wrote: »
    Another very good episode (and a decent villain!). What an ending too....

Yup, huge improvement on last weeks convoluted episode, enjoyable watching
    I expect that the finale will go back to the night of Barry's mother and things will be changed. Tom Cavanagh will be back as the 'real' Wells next season.

Interesting....plot twist being the real Wells is an asshole and they properly misse Thawn :pac:
    Kirby wrote: »

Exactly - 'Show anyone and I'll kill you' - For that?? :confused::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kirby wrote: »
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Exactly - 'Show anyone and I'll kill you' - For that?? :confused::pac:

It is a family show after all guys :) Plus maybe unlike our Barry she actually takes her secret identity seriously rather than having everyone but Iris know at this stage :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Removal of the A.T.O.M and the show improves.....this does not bode well for the spin-off series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Burkatron wrote: »
    Removal of the A.T.O.M and the show improves.....this does not bode well for the spin-off series!
    ah there is potential there for ATOM, but he doesnt work cause hes not very fleshed out, we kinda know his story, but we have no reason to root for him,

all this talk of a spin-off, but what is the actual spin-off about and how is it gonna link-in with the other 2 shows,

its grand to have the odd crossover with felicity and laurel, but it affects both shows, cause a character is missing for a few episodes a season and we kind of lose track of them and stop caring about them, like this season felicity has been on flash 2-3 times, and her role seems reduced on arrow, there to much back and forth and the writers cant get any decent traction on a good story for the character, theres no suspense in characters development, so we stop caring about them,

Smiling Laurel is soooooo much better. Can we get more please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,977 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Smiling Laurel is soooooo much better. Can we get more please?

Every one smiles on the Flash.

I'd say most of the cast of Arrow would jump at a move to Central City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seeing as Barry, Caitlin & Cisco found Eobard's little room hidden in S.T.A.R Labs, is it possible they stumble across Gideon in the next episode?

funny how with everything in the room, that the door didnt have a proper hand print scanner, anybody running their hand across the wall would have opened it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

don ramo wrote: »
    funny how with everything in the room, that the door didnt have a proper hand print scanner, anybody running their hand across the wall would have opened it :D

[not a real explanation]it was the speedforce in Barry's hand that it registered and opened for[/not a real explanation]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The last 10 minutes of that episode were INCREDIBLE. What a payoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The last 10 minutes of that episode were INCREDIBLE. What a payoff.

Yeah great episode. Next week finally has
    GRODD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

'A founding member of..;' hint enough that the CW shows culminate in a Justice League of their own?

GodlessM wrote: »
    'A founding member of..;' hint enough that the CW shows culminate in a Justice League of their own?

close of of the news paper
    yfCKpfj.jpg
    and anybody notice the glasses that Barry has on look like
    Captain Cold
    9yoiWgv.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Usual streaming site doesnt have any links yet. Hope some are posted soon!

Yeah saw that. This show is constantly telling us where Arrow is going next. I would guess the spin-off show is going to be their testing ground to doing an ensemble hero show.

As for the picture above, I'm more digging that those are clearly meant to be Vibe glasses. They are really bringing us there sooner than expected.

Very much enjoyed that episode, great viewing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

This is such a good show. I never thought I'd enjoy it so much but it keeps moving the story on at such a lightening pace every week.

This line cracked me up too when Eddie referred to Iris Thawne:

"I have a feeling she’ll want to hyphenate" :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Really enjoyed that episode. Looking forward to the next three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I enjoyed the episode, however,
    I thought the shapeshifter couldn't mimic powers? How was he able to vibrate?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Otacon wrote: »
    I enjoyed the episode, however,
    I thought the shapeshifter couldn't mimic powers? How was he able to vibrate?

I don't think he did. I remember wondering why his hands were noticably still for the whole thing. He was just tricking him.

Yeah the mimic didn't vibrate, just threateningly raised his hand

more of this please, that was a great episode, so much happening,

i cant wait to see what ichabod tells eddie, cause whatever issue ichabod has with the flash you know its gonna start with eddie,

i wonder if the show does run for 10 years will we see these events unfold, or say if they announce a final season in say season 7, will they do a time jump to 2014 to bring the show full circle,

What is interesting however, is that Eobard says that as of 2015 he isn't born yet, yet in 2024 he is the Reverse-Flash. He is hardly a 9 year old RF in 2024 however, meaning even that isn't his original time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

What is interesting however, is that Eobard says that as of 2015 he isn't born yet, yet in 2024 he is the Reverse-Flash. He is hardly a 9 year old RF in 2024 however, meaning even that isn't his original time.

I think he revealed, in the alternate-timeline episode just before he kills Cisco, that he's from a future that is a few hundred years away, because he mentioned that events that they're experiencing happened centuries ago from his perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

That was incredible. I never expected this to be so good.

• Advertisement

Yea, the guy has mentioned numerous times that people have been dead for hundreds of years. He said it to the real Wells after he killed his wife, I think?

That was epic stuff.. this show just gets better and better :)
    And Iris has FINALLY figured it out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Coming to the theory that they'll use the device used to separate Ronnie and Dr stem to separate the real wells and reverse flash and then he somehow takes over eddies body and that's the bad guy for season 2

Then again this show has kept me guessing all the way through so I'll

sky88 wrote: »
    Coming to the theory that they'll use the device used to separate Ronnie and Dr stem to separate the real wells and reverse flash and then he somehow takes over eddies body and that's the bad guy for season 2

Then again this show has kept me guessing all the way through so I'll
    ichabod and wells didnt become one, wells died, they found his body in a ditch next to the crash site, ichabod plugged a device into wells that allowed him take wells form, and thats it, it didnt transfer thought,

only way to brings wells back is for barry to turn back time and stop ichabod,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ichabod and wells didnt become one, wells died, they found his body in a ditch next to the crash site, ichabod plugged a device into wells that allowed him take wells form, and thats it, it didnt transfer thought,

only way to brings wells back is for barry to turn back time and stop ichabod,

Wrong show..Ichabod is from Sleepy Hollow..his name is Eobard Thawne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think he revealed, in the alternate-timeline episode just before he kills Cisco, that he's from a future that is a few hundred years away, because he mentioned that events that they're experiencing happened centuries ago from his perspective.

Had a proper think about this...
    Remember what he said when he killed the real Wells, "In the year 2020 your wife Tess Morgan launched a particle accelerator that changed the course of history, I need it to happen a bit sooner if I'm going to get back. Much sooner"

I think the key here is what Wells has been asking Gideon all along. "Is the future intact". That isn't a different timeline. It's the future for this timeline. The newspaper is the final piece to the puzzle "Our very own scarlet speedster disappeared in an explosion of light" - 2024 is when Eobart Thawne finally gets to return home buy using the speed of Flash. That's why he's so concerned with keeping that future intact.

• Advertisement

Maybe the newspaper signifies that there will only be 4 seasons of the Flash. Arrow will only have 5 seasons as I believe they will finish once they cover all the 5 years he spent on the island through the flashbacks.

I think something similar will happen with the flash. If the particle accelerator was in 2020, that means this is when Barry became the Flash. The news article dated 2024. So Barry was only the Flash for 4 years then achieved all which Gideon claimed in that time
    married Iris, police commissioner and founder of justice whatever they call the league here

Could be seriously wrong though

I'm not sure we can base the length of the series based on the in-show timeline. If the ratings tanked for example it could be cut much earlier, or they might decide that season 2 takes place "3 years later" etc

But the theory above is interesting..
    so Barry becomes the Flash in 2020, fights Thawne in 2024 and they're both jumped back to the night when (young) Barry's mother is killed
    Thawne then finds himself stuck in the past, finds and kills the real Wells and assumes his identity to bring the development of the particle accelerator ahead earlier, turn Barry into the Flash 10 years earlier,
    and all so Thawne can return to his own time (2024 or beyond?)

The one stumbling block, is the whole "is the future intact?" question doesn't fit in as he's already changed that/the current timeline by his actions above. Also, if Gideon was created by Barry (sometime between present day and 2024), how does Thawne have access to it/her? Did Thawne mentor the older Barry when he became the Flash initially as well? Also, what happened to that older Barry when he jumped back. Is he still running around in the present day somewhere, or did he manage to get back to 2024?

I think we need the USS Relativity to show up and sort some of this out :p Funny enough it's also a Wells-class starship! :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭pah

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Also, what happened to that older Barry when he jumped back. Is he still running around in the present day somewhere,

This has been bugging me since the start

Axwell wrote: »
    Wrong show..Ichabod is from Sleepy Hollow..his name is Eobard Thawne.
    haha, i dont watch that, either way weird name:)

pah wrote: »
    This has been bugging me since the start
    well barry has the power to time travel, whereas eobard needed the suit to help him travel through time, so barry could just return whenever he wants, he doesnt need technology to do it, strange though that he didnt go looking for eobard,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

well barry has the power to time travel, whereas eobard needed the suit to help him travel through time, so barry could just return whenever he wants, he doesnt need technology to do it, strange though that he didnt go looking for eobard,

Or he is looking for him he just doesn't realize he is stuck in the past and is looking for him during there present time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭pah

sky88 wrote: »
    Or he is looking for him he just doesn't realize he is stuck in the past and is looking for him during there present time

He wouldn't have to look very far though. It doesn't make sense. Where did he go? Even that night, he speeds kid Barry away from the house and then what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,977 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Flash and Arrow spinoff
    The CW's The Flash and Arrow spinoff will not battle it out in pilot season like other new orders and will instead go straight to series when it debuts in January, according to star Victor Garber.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s246/the-flash/news/a645374/victor-garber-reveals-the-cws-flash-and-arrow-spinoff-will-go-straight-to-series.html#~pbyZr8N0db6e1g

Had a proper think about this...
    Remember what he said when he killed the real Wells, "In the year 2020 your wife Tess Morgan launched a particle accelerator that changed the course of history, I need it to happen a bit sooner if I'm going to get back. Much sooner"

I think the key here is what Wells has been asking Gideon all along. "Is the future intact". That isn't a different timeline. It's the future for this timeline. The newspaper is the final piece to the puzzle "Our very own scarlet speedster disappeared in an explosion of light" - 2024 is when Eobart Thawne finally gets to return home buy using the speed of Flash. That's why he's so concerned with keeping that future intact.

Very nice; I like it.

Good episode, not as great as last week and Grodd looked great

Especially on a relatively low budget.

Deleted scene from today's episode that deals with how they feed the prisoners

Solid enough episode after the highs of last week - Grodd looked good considering budget as has already been mentioned....

I wanted to slap Iris for a solid 90% of the episode, talk about annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

This show and Arrow both do a pretty bad job of making the lead females likeable. Laurel and Iris are insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

This show and Arrow both do a pretty bad job of making the lead females likeable. Laurel and Iris are insufferable.

Ah, but which is more so? Laurel believing she can fight with zero training was ridiculous - why being a top notch legal officer and adding legitimacy to an otherwise pretty off the books crime clean up wasn't enought for her character is madness - but Iris has the double fact of makings our hero insufferably pouty with her constant barrage of feelings as well having the professional jounalistic skills of your average twitter user.

• Advertisement
Advertisement