Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That was epic...
    but as posted above, the fact that they've brought time travel into it, I fear that they'll go for the big reset button next week (Cisco doesn't die/find out about Wells, Iris doesn't find out Barry is the Flash etc) As fantastic as that episode I just watched was, I'll be majorly pissed if they do that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That was epic...
    but as posted above, the fact that they've brought time travel into it, I fear that they'll go for the big reset button next week (Cisco doesn't die/find out about Wells, Iris doesn't find out Barry is the Flash etc) As fantastic as that episode I just watched was, I'll be majorly pissed if they do that :(

You can be absolutely guaranteed that they will do the reset, that's why they had so many reveals because next week they go back to hidden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great episode. A big red reset button is a dead certainty.

The whole point of the episode was to reveal Wells' identity to the viewers (and some explanations like the body echo thingy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But now Barry will start to make things awkward with Iris again knowing how she feels.

I think the most confusing part of the episode was why put the tape on Joe's mouth then leave his hand free?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

What episode are ye all on?

I'm watching on Sky 1 (Up to S1 EP14)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 lpower

online you are behind us like watching dallas in the 80's who shot jr .When everyone know in the US we were 6 months behind. Thank god for the internet now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

DakarVert wrote: »
    What episode are ye all on?

I'm watching on Sky 1 (Up to S1 EP14)

We're on episode 15, "Out of Time". :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My thoughts are that Wells knew that Barry was going to go back cause he told him about seeing 2 of himself, so he knew he'd be resetting anyway, if they go the whole different realms thing there will be a lot of melting of minds going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Otacon wrote: »
    Possibly a spoiler-y question after watching the latest episode:
    Is time-travel going to ruin this show?

It's an integral part of his mythos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ah what a cop out! Great episode,but at the same time when you have the time travel it just makes for an easy reset. Cisco annoys me, was glad he died, only for it not to happen! They probably have comics they have to go by in terms of the characters but sometimes killing off a major characters works really well, like in Arrow and the 100.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Reset button or no, that was the best 45 mins of TV this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

tvnutz wrote: »
    Ah what a cop out! Great episode,but at the same time when you have the time travel it just makes for an easy reset. Cisco annoys me, was glad he died, only for it not to happen! They probably have comics they have to go by in terms of the characters but sometimes killing off a major characters works really well, like in Arrow and the 100.

Not really a cop out, just an enhancement of the whole Flash universe, the multiple threads of time is a massive piece of the comic book world so it would have been a cop out not to include it here, I'm interested to see how they deal with it, whether they show the multiple arcs or just concentrate on 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i think theres something wrong with my inner nerd, that episode did noting for me, a whole lotta great stuff happened, but i just didnt feel it,

weird

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I don't think the episode was a cop out.

Now we really know who Wells is and what he's capable of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Fantastic episode, great build up to a a big WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Reaction towards the end was

:O to "noooooooo" to "YEAH!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

tvnutz wrote: »
    They probably have comics they have to go by in terms of the characters but sometimes killing off a major characters works really well, like in Arrow and the 100.

Not sure if 100 is a comic book show? but I don't recall Arrow killing off any major characters from the DC universe. Both his parents were killed when he was a child in the comics. The brought back Malcolm Merlyn from the dead with no real explanation? Also Cisco is a major character from the Flash comics so he is pretty safe at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

There is two few main characters in Flash to kill off anyone. That is one weakness in the show at the moment. They didn't even kill Caitlin's Ex.
    They killed off tommy, Shado and Ollie's mother in the Arrow which is not bad going.

J@ysus, the show is only 15 episodes old, it's a bit soon to be killing people off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Clareman wrote: »
    J@ysus, the show is only 15 episodes old, it's a bit soon to be killing people off.

Been done before in shows I can think of one major one
    Doyle in Angel

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Doyle in Angel

Not really the same thing though as that show had already introduced a lot of the characters and the ethos of the show in another show. The Flash is trying to introduce a whole new audience to a bunch of people, trying to get them to care about the characters, to introduce an overarching storyline, introduce a storyline each week that will make people to tune in, throwing in a few character deaths for the sake of it would seem a bit rushed imvho.

BTW, am I the only 1 glad that the Schofield/Burrows brothers weren't in it this week, they really are poor actors.

The 100 would disagree, many other shows do it now.

And yes I know the 100 is not a comic book, it is based on a book though, but the Flash is tied to the comics too much. As mentioned Arrow killed of several characters, I am not familiar with both comics, I'm a tv fan, I don't care about comics, which is why I don't really like when the shows become tied down because of comics.

I would have thought Game of Thrones would be the best example of killing off, I take the point that it can be done.

I would have thought Game of Thrones would be the best example of killing off, I take the point that it can be done.

Kind of similar to your point as well though! Based on books, its just those books killed a load of people off! Comic books...when they are messed with, people get angry. My brother is into comics, when I said I didn't like Cisco and was glad he died, I was told something about him and Kaitlin from the comic books that doesn't give me any hope for caring about them in the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Doyle in Angel

But that was more due to issues with the Actor, rather than a grand scheme...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Didn't Shado show up in a flashback this week in Arrow so is she killed off for sure or is she like Sarah? (Presumed dead)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

No it wasn't. Whedons plan from inception was to kill him off because no one would expect it, especially with the main cast being only three characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just after seeing the episode, thought it was good

Will be interesting to see if
    Barry can get things to work differently and save Cisco somehow. A stretch but surely they'll change Iris knowing about Barry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Been done before in shows I can think of one major one Doyle in Angel
    No it wasn't. Whedons plan from inception was to kill him off because no one would expect it, especially with the main cast being only three characters.

No need to spoiler it. I think when a show is over a decade old, we can talk about it openly.

Whedon was just being nice there. There is no doubt that Whedon does love a good character death, but the plan was never to remove him that early in the show.

Glenn Quinn was having drug issues and this necessitated his removal from the show. He died of a heroin overdose a couple of years later so as harsh as it sounds, they made the right choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm watching along on Sky 1 so have just seen episode 15 - absolutely loved it. Felt like a season finale.

Advertisement